Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2020, 04:17 PM   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by NB2A View Post
The app seems to be better for IOS than Android from some of the comments. I am not going to switch my OS for one app so all I can do is maybe more improvements to running Android. It seems as of late simply opening the app has become very problematic on multiple Android devices. Just my point for the developers.

Oh, but the shear BLISS you’re missing by not enjoying the iOS environment!!
CaptainGizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2020, 10:29 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainGizmo View Post
Oh, but the shear BLISS you’re missing by not enjoying the iOS environment!!
The IOS environment does not run two programs which are critical for me.
Marilynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:31 AM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
Yes that is the name. RV Life is available for both IOS and Android. You nee to be a subscriber to RVTW so that your trips appear on RV Life. There is a paid and a free portion to RV Life. If you want to use RV Life for navigation on your phone you will need to subscribe to RV Life also.

Thanks. BTW, any idea why RVTW doesn't offer their own app for Android that would be included with their subscription fee? I hate the thought of having to pay twice for two apps/programs for basically the subscription.

2015 Sierra 2500HD SLT, Crew Cab, 4x4, 6.6L Duramax, 6’-6” box
Audionut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 11:49 AM   #116
RV LIFE Support Team

I would guess due to the development time involved. Instead of RVLife you could download to your GPS.

Many people are interested in the trip planning and not the navigation portion.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:58 PM   #117

I'm new to this forum. Trying to start a new thread and can not find a place to do it. I can reply to any thread. Where can I post a new thread. I am trying to post a question "can you display just your membership and preferred Campground, and hide the other campgrounds"?
brewdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 01:10 PM   #118
RV LIFE Support Team

Go up one level(maybe more) and look under Forum Tools.

The answer is yes to your question providing RVTW has the campground affiliation you are interested in.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 04-18-2020, 02:13 PM   #119

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If you're using Firefox as a browser:

When you're reading a thread - at the top and the bottom of the thread you'll see a button labeled "Post Reply". If you go up a level from the thread, back to the page where ALL the threads are listed, that button changes to one labeled "New Thread".

To display parks by type - on the right-hand side of the map click on the "Research" tab. When that tab expands select the "Parks" tab. At the bottom of that tab you'll see an option labeled "BRANDS, CLUBS, AND MEMBERSHIP" - click on that and you'll see a list of options. Just select the ones you want and they will appear on the map when you activate the "Show/Hide Parks" button (looks like a tent) and the "Apply/Remove Filters" button (looks like a funnel).
Old 04-18-2020, 02:41 PM   #120
RV LIFE Support Team

Let me add to what Alan mentioned. Those are a subset of other type of campgrounds filtering that is offered. National Parks, COE, State Parks, BLM etc are also selectable under your name in default settings. There is overlap between the 2 locations.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 05-05-2020, 03:47 PM   #121

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
A Slightly different problem. Running Chrome under win 10 Home on a Laptop. When I "edit" within a trip the edit field spills off the bottom of my screen and I cannot get to the "Accept" or "done" to save my edit. I finally moved my taskbar to the right edge of the screen to complete the task. Later I used "zoom" to reduce screen size to 90% to get it all on screen. I would think the scroll function would work. Have tried both mouse and touch screen to move the screen - nada.
As to ? about file not saved. I try to remember to log in every time I return to the program as it seems to log me off and NOT warn me that my work will not be saved unless I log back in :(
PS I love working with RVTW I'm currently planning a coast to coast run - safe haven to safe haven in a week.
Paul Rocking down the road in our '12 Phaeton 36QSH, (in service May 2012 ) We tow an '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk - Read my blog at https://goldberg-online.net/
xctraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 04:12 PM   #122
RV LIFE Support Team

Today a new release of RVTW was installed. The pop ups are not scroll-able. We are looking into a solution. For now you need to zoom out a bit. The shortcut keys are ctrl +/-. The popups are not movable.

I have not heard of trips not being saved. I never logoff, just close RVTW down and have never not had a trip saved. If you continue to see this would you please send in a ticket so it is official.

RV LIFE Support Team
Old 05-06-2020, 06:20 AM   #123

OK, there is a New update to RVT. Now I cant get into my saved trips. I reloaded in and still cant get to anything . for a supposed really good program this thing really Sucks
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:37 AM   #124

Press the "Open Trips" button.
Select "Active Trips"

Select your trip.

Also check "Tentative Trips" or "Archived Trips" to see if the trip is there.

All my trips are there on the new release.
You may have to scroll down if you have a lot of trips.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:40 AM   #125

I have no open trips button, only the try demo button, yes I am logged in.
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:45 AM   #126

As a heads up, I was not able to drag a route to avoid Atlanta. Instead of the routing RVTW choose going through Atlanta on I85 I wanted to avoid Atlanta and use US 441 on the east side. When using the drag feature RVTW kept routing me back on I85 even south of Athens. I finally closed RVTW, cleared my cache and restarted and it works fine.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard