Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2020, 05:09 PM   #1

RV trip wizard advice no more time to figure this out.

I am new to RV trip wizzard and love it so far. First trip. I want to be able to download the .gpx file into a phone app so I can use my phone for Navigation. What app is everyone using to import the .gpx files then use them to navigate your planned route. I do not have nor plan to buy a garmin. Any advice is really appreciated. If this is on here some where I was not able to find it.
raymillsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2020, 05:41 PM   #2
RV LIFE Support Team

As part of your subscription you get a Phone app that will sync with the trips you create in Rv Trip Wizard.

You get 3 products with your subscription.

1) RV Trip Wizard, a web-based Trip Planning product accessed from your web browser at www.rvtripwizard.com

2) RV Life, a mobile app that will allow you to do real time RV Friendly turn-by-turn offline navigation. This can be downloaded and installed on your mobile device from your app store.

3) Maintain My RV, a web-based application that allows you to record and get maintenance reminders for your RV. Logon at www.maintainmyrv.com

All products come with a single subscription and all use the same logon credentials.

In addition we have campgroundreviews.com, a crowd sourced review of over 20,000 campgrounds. There is no cost for this product. You can use your RV Trip Wizard credentials to login here as well.

Once you have subscribed ignore any additional requests for payment and logon with your credentials.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 05:49 PM   #3

Do you have a Google account? If so, when you download the .gpx file, it gives you the option to load it onto your Google 'my maps'. To use this option, just go to their Documentation and Users Guide, then follow the 'exporting to GPS' guide.

I have used this option, and it was really easy to download. The experience is exactly like following directions on google maps.

-allen
29pt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 03:00 PM   #4

Use the RV life app. It's part of the RV trip wizard family. Its pretty good!
Old 11-30-2020, 10:25 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
If you have a Google account (like Gmail), on your computer or laptop, go to Google Maps and sign in. Then go to My Maps and you can import the .gpx file. Get the Google Maps App on your phone and you can pull up what you just imported.

Having said all that, I would rather use the RV Life app and it's included RV Safe routing. Works similar to RV Trip Wizard in that you enter your RV dimensions, etc. and the routing logic keeps you safe. You can also just access your static saved RVTW trips.
Old 12-01-2020, 04:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29pt3 View Post
Do you have a Google account? If so, when you download the .gpx file, it gives you the option to load it onto your Google 'my maps'. To use this option, just go to their Documentation and Users Guide, then follow the 'exporting to GPS' guide.

I have used this option, and it was really easy to download. The experience is exactly like following directions on google maps.

-allen

It has been my experience that Google My Maps does not provide turn by turn directions after you download your trip from RVTW. It does display your route exactly as downloaded from RVTW and it will show your location on the route but no turn by turn directions UNLESS you create a layer called directions. If you do Google maps will create it's own route to your destination which may not be the same as the route you downloaded from RVTW.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 12:25 PM   #7

No route for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
It does display your route exactly as downloaded from RVTW.
When I import the GPX into Google maps I get all the stops connected by straight "as the crow flys" lines. Nothing showing the route on any roads. Does anyone know why this is?
rvdpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 05:15 PM   #8
RV LIFE Support Team

So that support of various GPS units can be enhanced, Google Maps has been impacted and no longer displays an actual route, black lines connect the stops when a download of the GPX file is done. A solution to this for Google Maps is to download the CSV file instead. This puts a pin at each stop and a driving layer can then be created. This is a bit time consuming but does produce a route. Once this is completed any additional layers you use can then be included.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice