Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2017, 08:13 PM   #29

After looking into this last year, it is the name that came up the most. It's what I am using to plan my big summer trip. It definitely needs a UX (User eXperience) expert.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #30
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsHisName View Post
After looking into this last year, it is the name that came up the most. It's what I am using to plan my big summer trip. It definitely needs a UX (User eXperience) expert.
It's actually getting a major facelift this year. Layout, interface and some new features are all on the list as well as some integration with the RVPark reviews database.

One really recent change is that you can now send your trips directly to google Maps on your mobile device - a nice update and for those of us who rely on the google lady for instructions, a great addition.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Old 02-01-2017, 08:52 PM   #31

Winnebago Owners Club
Rv trip wizard

1st time user. Planned trip from Long Island, left 1 January. 3-4 month trip. Now in AZ, after Orleans, San Antonio. Will be here in AZ before heading to NM, TX, MS and St Patrick's Day in Clermont FL. Entire trip planned on RV TRIP WIZARD. By far the best I have used in 8 years of RV'ng. They added camps that were not listed, usually with in a day or two. Some Pilot/Flying J not listed, but I believe that is a problem with Pilot/Flying J (even their website has incorrect listings). Learned how to increase size of map by my wife!
Old 02-09-2017, 11:26 AM   #32

I have been working the demo on RVTW for a couple of weeks now. I find it very lacking when compared to either S&T or SA. It is also a web app, so it is useless when underway. I guess if you can live with one day at a time... I also cannot get it to tell me where to start looking for fuel or an ONP. It could have a lot of possibilities, but the every time I try to do something, I get the "Not Available in the Demo". I am just not willing to spring 30$ a year for something with such limited capability.

Frank
Old 02-10-2017, 06:25 AM   #33

Tiffin Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Coastal Campers
Freightliner Owners Club
In my opinion, RV Trip Wizards price point is too high. At 30 a year they're shutting off many casual/occasional users, who wouldn't use it enough to justify 30 a year. They could increase their overall revenues by making the 30 a one time charge, or maybe $5 per year.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
It's actually getting a major facelift this year. Layout, interface and some new features are all on the list as well as some integration with the RVPark reviews database.

One really recent change is that you can now send your trips directly to google Maps on your mobile device - a nice update and for those of us who rely on the google lady for instructions, a great addition.

When will these changes be done ? Like others I have played with the demo version and find it very unsatisfying.

However, I like how it is organized and some of the features...in the demo version it seemed rather clunky in changing zoom and seemed to jump around...also the drag feature to change routes sometimes left the old route there in addition the the new....I like being able to prioritize the kinds of campgounds I want to see on the map ....there are some nice features I have not seen in other planning tools...

I currently use the old Microsoft Streets and Trips on my PC...then maybe double check the actual campsite on Google Maps to see what it really looks like etc....but of course, too bad but Streets and Trips no longer being updated with new POI's etc

A really great interface on the RV Trip Wizard might make this the "go to" app

Jim
Old 02-13-2017, 04:41 PM   #35

Tiffin Owners Club
OK I paid the $39. I have the PayPal confirmation so I know I completed the transaction. No thank you email. No activation email. Nothing. I have sent them 2 emails. Nothing. Are these guys going out of business?
Old 02-13-2017, 04:55 PM   #36
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Did you try to log in? What happened? Did you use the Contact tab to send a request to the helpdesk? Someone will answer you in a day or 2. I know the folks there are volunteers (just like the staff here) so they may not be online every day.

Lori-
Old 02-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLOVNIT View Post
Did you try to log in? What happened? Did you use the Contact tab to send a request to the helpdesk? Someone will answer you in a day or 2. I know the folks there are volunteers (just like the staff here) so they may not be online every day.

Lori-
Tried to log in. There is no place to set up a password. So no password, no entry. Tried the "forgot password" feature to see if it would send me a temp password. They say my email address in invalid.

Contacted the help desk twice. One with a copy of my Paypal receipt. No response.

For $39 I expect a real business with full time people. If they are all volunteers, where does all the money go? If you are going to charge people such a high price, you better show up. Most real software subscriptions have an automated welcome message with a temp password to log in. Just Sayin'
Old 03-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
i Have been using the program for two years now and it works great i used it to plan a trip from Michigan to Cape Breton Island NS and back it worked great. If you go into preferences you can click on Flying J and it will bring up all the Flying Js i like the driving circle as i only want to drive so many hours a day it does not like to back track over the route so i broke it into two trips it was easy to download to my GPS all went well.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #39

Flying J's

"you can click on Flying J and it will bring up all the Flying Js"
My copy doesn't have this selection, only campgrounds. Where are you selecting this or is there a new download??

Laurence
Old 03-14-2017, 12:38 PM   #40

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lacks Some Standard Windows Functionality And Drag / Drop of Stops Fails

Using MSFT Edge:

1) Drag and drop to re-arrange stops does not work when there are several stops and scrolling is required, (like with 15 stops).

2) When one highlights a stop and the information that displays on the map, right clicking on the mouse over the selected information brings up none of the standard Windows cut / copy / paste options. If one wants to copy this information to the Windows clipboard and use it other places the keyboard short cuts must be remembered and used. Selection and/or selecting of text within the stop information box is also clunky and does always work well on the first try.
Old 03-15-2017, 09:13 AM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
look for show POI click on it. it is just above the map good luck i love the program well worth the money
Old 03-16-2017, 06:39 AM   #42

POI

There ! On panel BEFORE I load my existing trip. Thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
trip wizard