Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2018, 07:21 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Twinsburg OH - Franklin MA - New Milford CT - Bay Shore NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthigh View Post
X2 for me.

Agree completely, makes so much easier for planning all trips. Even those you might make frequently. Just copy, then change the start date and your set.
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2018, 07:21 AM   #16

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
In the POI filter there is a button in the lower left called +Additional Area Attractions. Expand that and you can choose to have a variety of area attractions show up. Just hit the green Save and Close button in the lower right after you make your choices.
Thank you, I’ll check it out
Warmrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 03:44 PM   #17
rb2

How long does it take to get Trip Wizard to respond to a support issue email. I've been waiting 4 days so far. Sent a follow up email, still no answer
😕
rb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 06:05 PM   #18
rb2

Just received some much needed help now I can log in.😁
Old 03-08-2018, 05:28 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rb2 View Post
Just received some much needed help now I can log in.😁
Great - what was the issue?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 05:34 AM   #20

Quote:
How long does it take to get Trip Wizard to respond to a support issue email. I've been waiting 4 days so far. Sent a follow up email, still no answer
😕
You might also post your issue here. There are several Trip Wizard Ambassadors that monitor this site that may be able to help.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 06:01 AM   #21
rb2

My issue was that after providing my email to see the tour, I wanted to purchase it. When I tried to register it said my email was already in the system. When I tried the "renew" it said my email was not in the sytem. Either way, I couldn't move forward to obtain the software.

Sent from my SM-T377V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
Old 03-08-2018, 06:15 AM   #22

Quote:
My issue was that after providing my email to see the tour, I wanted to purchase it. When I tried to register it said my email was already in the system. When I tried the "renew" it said my email was not in the sytem. Either way, I couldn't move forward to obtain the software.

Sent from my SM-T377V using iRV2 - RV Forum mobile app
OK, glad to see it was taken care of.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 08:44 PM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Ijwilliams Send a message via MSN to Ijwilliams Send a message via Yahoo to Ijwilliams
Me too!
Old 05-05-2018, 09:37 AM   #24

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
😕
I did see your issue was resolved. In my experience they are very responsive. As a long time user I am often amazed at how fast they respond to problems as well as missing or incorrect parks.
aiken rver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 10:51 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
One of the primary features of RV Trip Wizard is rooted in the fact that it's agnostic to discount clubs or affiliations. For example, the KOA trip planner will suggest KOAs. The Good Sam Trip planner will suggest Good Sam parks. RV Trip Wizard lets you select the various clubs/discounts/affiliations and sort them based on your preference.

RV Trip Wizard has other features that are unique as well. Many of them are related to your rig and specific information for your trip. For example, you can put in your MPG and it will figure out your fuel costs when you need to refuel, etc.

The Trip Wizard also provides more detailed trip cost information. For example, it takes the costs of campgrounds, fuel, daily expenses, etc and adds them up so you can more easily budget.

The RV Trip Wizard is also integrated with RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks so you can easily see ratings and link to reviews, tips, and Q&A from other RVers on nearly every park in the USA. Doesn't matter if the parks are or are not affiliated with any certain club/discount program.

You can also see elevation changes in RV Trip Wizard which are nice to make sure no grade on your route is too steep. Not sure you can do that on Good Sam Trip Planner.

My thumbs up ditto on this post. I am the navigator on our trips so I do the trip planning. Prior to learning about RVTW, we used GS. In addition to all of the advantages already noted in this post, you can zoom in closer on the map to better understand how you will be negotiating some of the spaghetti bowl interchanges you will encounter in your travels. I also like the fact that since it does zoom in closer, I can switch to satellite view of gas stations from a maneuvering perspective. If you are a diesel rig, it may not be a big plus, but we are a 35’ gas and towing. We have to maneuver through areas that are primarily designed for smaller vehicle access.

I am very pleased with RVTW and will be renewing my sub.
Old 05-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jthigh View Post
X2 for me.

Ditto
Old 05-14-2018, 05:54 AM   #27

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Twinsburg OH - Franklin MA - New Milford CT - Bay Shore NY
I do agree RVTW is great.
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 06:27 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
One BIG difference for me - really the main difference that disqualifies RVTW is that I simply export my GS Trip Plan to my Rand McNally dashboard GPS system an I’m good to go.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2753D55E-528C-418D-A12E-2C8E36533D47.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	202628  

Tags
trip wizard