Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #1

Split trip before exporting?

I've spent weeks laying out possible stops for a multi-month trip. I haven't worried much about fiddling with the routes because it is a "big picture" trip.

However, now that we are getting ready to pull out tomorrow, I've been dragging and dropping to create tomorrow's route, and I'm ready to export it to my Garmin. My question is whether there's an easy way to separate one day out of the trip and export just that day to a .gpx file rather than exporting the entire 3 month trip into Garmin Base Camp?
MilesAndSmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-29-2018, 10:47 AM   #2
RV LIFE Support Team

We travel full time and I have found that laying out a trip from one major stop to another in individual "trips" works well for us. I find this method much easier to manage. Just a future thought.

You can copy your trip and delete the misc stops that you don't want. It is not that bad. If you click the wrench there is a "delete stops" option and you put check marks by the stops you want to delete.

That is the only solution I can think of.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:44 PM   #3

I don't know if I'm answering your question but if you export the entire trip to Base Camp, Base Camp splits the trip into individual legs. The legs were the individual stops you had in Trip Wizard. The legs show up as tracks in Base Camp. Determine which tracks, formally individual stops in Trip Wizard, you want to use and convert them to routes and download to your GPS.

BUT you do know that your GPS will simply take the beginning and end point of each route that you downloaded into it and create it's own routing using the parameters you set into your GPS. The route in your GPS may or may not be the route you see in Base Camp.

So it may just be easier to load your destination into your GPS manually and forget about downloading from Trip Wizard.

I use Trip Wizard for planning. If the routing looks good I compare it with the routing the GPS created. There is a way for the GPS to follow the route you created in Trip Wizard exactly but the procedure to accomplish this is beyond the scope of your question.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote