Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2021, 02:06 PM   #1

Trip Wizard Driving Radius Not Showing

I hate that my first post is asking for help But I am trying to work my way through the wizard and plan a month long trip. Of great help would be the driving radius tool. Unfortunately it is not showing up. I went through tools settings and everything looks correct? Is there something else I am missing. running windows and firefox browser.
Help would be appreciated
Greg

issue resolved thanks to prompt suggestion

Had to create a new trip and change settings in profile. modifying the old one did nothing.
Greg
Promapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #2

The driving radius can be set in two locations, 1) in the user Default Settings and 2) in the Trip Settings.

The user Default Settings will apply only to new trips. Changes to the Default Settings will not affect trips that have already been created. User Default Settings are located under your name in the upper corner of the screen.

Changes to existing Trip Settings only apply to that one trip.
To change the settings on an existing trip, open the trip, click the wrench icon, select Trip Settings, go to Routing and Driving, scroll down on the right. then make the change.

By default the rings are set for 100/200/300 miles.

There is a scroll bar on the right that many users miss, you will need to scroll down to change the distances.

RVTW Help Desk

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:43 AM   #3

I will also add that the rings display around your stops by clicking The stop on the trip menu, not by clicking the stop on the map. Although that would be a nice feature.
Jeff303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:47 AM   #4

If you click on the stop on the map the radius rings display by clicking on the red/blue circles in the upper right of the cg pop up.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 02-27-2021, 04:31 PM   #5

Driving Radius Rings not appearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff303 View Post
I will also add that the rings display around your stops by clicking The stop on the trip menu, not by clicking the stop on the map. Although that would be a nice feature.
I am having the same issue. I've tried the solutions suggested above. I did manage to get the park info to appear upon hovering over the park icon on the map (wasn't working before), but the radius icon still does not appear in the upper right corner of the pop up. There is a photo of the campground instead. When clicking on the stop on the itinerary on the left, the system just "plusses down" the map.

Ive only planned on other trip so far and the rings appeared just fine. Don't know what's wrong now.
e.menoche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 04:41 PM   #6

RVTW is transitioning pop-ups. The newer style, with a cg picture, has the red/blue rings on the lower left, the previous style has the red/blue rings on the upper right.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 02-27-2021, 10:32 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue46 View Post
RVTW is transitioning pop-ups. The newer style, with a cg picture, has the red/blue rings on the lower left, the previous style has the red/blue rings on the upper right.
The icon at the lower left is labeled center and, for me, it does just that. It puts your campground in the center of your screen. No radius rings.
Old 02-28-2021, 03:12 AM   #8

If your rings aren't showing they are either not turned on, check Trip Settings, or you need to zoom out some.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 02-28-2021, 04:28 AM   #9

Sue46, would Harvest Host be able to be added as an icon for stays?
I am asking because we have not yet joined rv wizard but will once we receive our rv.

Thanks in advance
RVKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 04:45 AM   #10

HH does not want to participate with RV Trip Wizard.

Harvest Hosts is a great service for RV'ers. Unfortunately, since they are a paid subscription service that requires membership to find out the locations, we do not put their locations into RV Trip Wizard, we do not think this would be right. However, I do encourage you to let Harvest Hosts know that you would like them to work with Trip Wizard, we can add their locations in a way that would be visible to only Harvest Host members.

If you know of a location you wish to use on your trip, you can always right-click the map at that location and create a Custom Stop.

We would like to work with Harvest Hosts and have their locations visible to Harvest Host members, please let them know that you would like them to work with Trip Wizard.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 03-01-2021, 06:02 PM   #11

Sue46, Thank you that does make sense I will mention that to them.
RVKAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 11:14 PM   #12

Quote:
If your rings aren't showing they are either not turned on, check Trip Settings, or you need to zoom out some.
Thank you. Zooming out worked. But it only shows the outer ring. Not critical, but don't know why minimum and middle rings don't show.
Old 03-02-2021, 03:08 AM   #13

If you are only seeing a green ring you have the hours ring checked off rather than the distance rings.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y
Old 03-02-2021, 11:42 PM   #14

Quote:
If you are only seeing a green ring you have the hours ring checked off rather than the distance rings.
I don't know how to change from hours to distance. Under Driving Distance, there is a dot and a field for average hours per day. I can't uncheck the dot and it requires a value for hours in the field. I have filled in the fields for min, middle, and max distance.

Tags
trip wizard