Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2019, 06:15 AM   #15

Trip Wizard on Lap Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtovo View Post
I don't get it, I downloaded RV Trip Wizard over a year ago & almost everytime I try to use it the page has to reload or it doesn't open up at all.
I've tried reloading it several times & changed WIFi service & it still doesn't work.
I'm sure all these other people that are so happy with it are being honest but I'm certainly not thrilled with it !
After reading some of these threads I tried using Trip Wizard on my Lap Top & it worked like it's supposed to, much better than when I was using an IPad.
I was able to create a trip on the Lap Top & now follow it using the IPad.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2019, 07:26 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Location: Twinsburg OH - Franklin MA - New Milford CT - Bay Shore NY
It’s like a bottle of Fine Wine, “better with age”
mikeannetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:22 PM   #17

Map Movement Stops

I just started with trip wizard today and looks good so far.

I'm having a problem with moving the map around. Initially, I could move it with mouse or my finger on a W10 laptop, but after about 20 minutes the map stops moving. I can re-center map around a stop location, but can't get map to move with mouse or touch screen.

I experimented by closing program and closing browser (MS Edge) and then logging into TW again. That seemed to fix the problem and map started moving again. Had this problem twice and closing the program and browser fixed it both times. Any ideas on a solution? (Have not had any other similar issues with laptop) Greg
svcattales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 06:56 PM   #18
RV LIFE Support Team

I would try another browser. I use Firefox and have no problems. Get back to us if this solves the problem.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use Google on Win10 and had no problem. If this still is still happening using Edge, let me know and I will try with edge to see if I have the same problem.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:28 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use Win10 and Google with no problem. If problem continues let me know and I will try to replicate with Edge.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:02 AM   #21

I would recommend using the Google Chrome browser for Trip Wizard and stop using Edge. Microsoft has decided to stop improving Edge in any case and will be switching to the same mechanism as Chrome (the engine is called Chromium). So may as well jump ahead to Chrome now.
rashers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashers View Post
I would recommend using the Google Chrome browser for Trip Wizard and stop using Edge. Microsoft has decided to stop improving Edge in any case and will be switching to the same mechanism as Chrome (the engine is called Chromium). So may as well jump ahead to Chrome now.
Thanks for all the suggestions about browser issues. I ran Trip Wizard last night for about 2 hours using Chrome and there were no problems with maps freezing up. I think it solves the problem, so I will continue to use Chrome and report back if there are any issues. So far, I really like the functionality with choosing campgrounds and dragging routes.

I have a question about gas station listings in Trip Wizard. I'm planning a trip starting on April 9th from Tampa area to Florida panhandle. My route goes from Brooksville, Fl to panhandle via US 98 with an overnight stop in Perry, Fl. Trip Wizard doesn't show any gas stations on this route and on other routes seems to list just the truck stop type stations like Flying J. Is there a way to list other fuel stops? We are only 27ft long and 42ft with the toad so we can use some of the other gas stations designed for cars. For example we plan to spend a night in Rocky's Convenience Store Campground in Perry, Fl. When I Google it they show pictures of the gas station and it looks like we can easily get gas there since it has a "pull thru" configuration and it looks like good height clearance. Am I missing something in getting more gas station listings? Greg
Old 03-24-2019, 08:17 PM   #23

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
You'll find that the gas station identification functionality resides primarily on or near the interstates. There are exceptions to that, but when you move away from the interstates, the number of gas stations declines considerably. However, you still have the "fill-up" icon appear on your route, and you can use Gas Buddy or even Google Maps to find stations around that point on your route that will accommodate you.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 04:46 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
You'll find that the gas station identification functionality resides primarily on or near the interstates. There are exceptions to that, but when you move away from the interstates, the number of gas stations declines considerably. However, you still have the "fill-up" icon appear on your route, and you can use Gas Buddy or even Google Maps to find stations around that point on your route that will accommodate you.
Thanks Mike. I like Trip Wizard as a planning tool. It does a great job at planning camp sites and building routes for an entire trip. I just planned our first 1500 mile trip with it and it was a big time saver. It looks to me right now that I need at least three different tools for navigation. Trip Wizard for planning; Copilot for turn-by-turn navigation with maps in memory & hazard avoidance; and Google Maps to find gas stations and cross check Copilot on routes.

I realize that "Rome was not built in a day", but it would sure be nice to have one navigation system that does it all. I think Trip Wizard could be that system if the users work with developers to define our needs. Greg
Old 03-25-2019, 04:06 PM   #25

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
The flip side of that is that I'd like to plan my trips on my GPS and just navigate away... But that ain't happening either. So it's nice to have two good tools to use.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 10:05 AM   #26

Entegra Owners Club
Hello Bill,
Was curious how that iPad mount is working out for you? It is what I am looking for. I noticed Joy sells a clamp mount and a pole mount...looks like yours is a clamp? Thanks, Bruce
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #27

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydeal View Post
Hello Bill,
Was curious how that iPad mount is working out for you? It is what I am looking for. I noticed Joy sells a clamp mount and a pole mount...looks like yours is a clamp? Thanks, Bruce
Bruce,

We use the clamp mount so it’s easy to remove the arm while we are parked. We went through several different mounting ideas (and the associated hardware) before we got to the Joy arm; it’s by far the best. We remove the mount without loosening any of the articulating joints so the arm always goes back into the same position and no adjustment are necessary.

Please let me know if you have other questions.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 07:11 AM   #28

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Multiple Aps

Quote:
Originally Posted by svcattales View Post
I need at least three different tools for navigation. Trip Wizard for planning; Copilot for turn-by-turn navigation with maps in memory & hazard avoidance; and Google Maps to find gas stations and cross check Copilot on routes.

I realize that "Rome was not built in a day", but it would sure be nice to have one navigation system that does it all. I think Trip Wizard could be that system if the users work with developers to define our needs. Greg
You only use THREE? I haven’t bothered to count how many apps I need to get down the road ... AllStays to look for propane, gas and dumps, although they are not all inclusive so I also use SaniDumps and Gas Buddy. Google Earth to see if we’ll be able to maneuver the motorhome up to the propane or dump easily, or get in/out of the gas station without issue. Rest Stops, Trucker Path, iExit and Road Ahead if the other apps/sites are not giving me what I need. It takes a village of apps to get where you’re going. If you haven’t thanked your navigator recently, please do so. We aren’t just sitting there admiring the pretty scenery. Often times Bob will say, “Look at that!” And by the time I look up from the iPad, we’re past whatever it was! LOL. (Mrs. Bob)
54bob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard