Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2019, 05:33 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54bob View Post
You only use THREE? I haven’t bothered to count how many apps I need to get down the road ... AllStays to look for propane, gas and dumps, although they are not all inclusive so I also use SaniDumps and Gas Buddy. Google Earth to see if we’ll be able to maneuver the motorhome up to the propane or dump easily, or get in/out of the gas station without issue. Rest Stops, Trucker Path, iExit and Road Ahead if the other apps/sites are not giving me what I need. It takes a village of apps to get where you’re going. If you haven’t thanked your navigator recently, please do so. We aren’t just sitting there admiring the pretty scenery. Often times Bob will say, “Look at that!” And by the time I look up from the iPad, we’re past whatever it was! LOL. (Mrs. Bob)
You are so right, Mrs Bob. Three is not enough. We have added paper maps to our navigation ensemble. We are out camping and could not force any of our GPSs to avoid downtown Savannah en route to Tybee Island. We had to use the paper map. We also added RVParky app to get more info on camp sites. Greg
svcattales is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2019, 11:34 AM   #30

Entegra Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Blue View Post
Bruce,

We use the clamp mount so it’s easy to remove the arm while we are parked. We went through several different mounting ideas (and the associated hardware) before we got to the Joy arm; it’s by far the best. We remove the mount without loosening any of the articulating joints so the arm always goes back into the same position and no adjustment are necessary.

Please let me know if you have other questions.
Hey thank you very much. That makes perfect sense! I am going to order one now!
Harleydeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 04:34 PM   #31

Do you use the iPad for planning your trip on trip wizard? I am a new RV owner and I just bought trip wizard and I’m having difficulty using my iPad to plan my trip.
Cynde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 06:57 PM   #32

Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynde View Post
Do you use the iPad for planning your trip on trip wizard? I am a new RV owner and I just bought trip wizard and I’m having difficulty using my iPad to plan my trip.
Welcome to the forums.

Would you list the problems you’re having? What browser are you using on your iPad? I mainly use an iPad for RVTW and usually don’t have problems.
2016 Ford Edge Titanium
Victory Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 06:39 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golferdave78 View Post
I am a first time Trip Wizard user.
I set RV info with Height at 13’9” and trip wizard is taking me an routes that have clearance restrictions anywhere from 11 feet up
I must be doing something wrong
Advice please
Happened to me, too. Go back to Trip Tools>trip settings>Routing & Driving> and select RV routing under the Routing subheading. It says Beta but it changed my route through the Smokey Mountains to an appropriate one for my rig.

Regards,
Kathy
Raisekayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2019, 07:00 AM   #34

Thinking of buying Rand Macnally 2020 Motor Carriers Road Atlas as a back up to our apps. Any thoughts?
Raisekayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 05:45 PM   #35

RV Trip Wizard Discount?

Is there a discount code for iRV2 members?
TheLuvShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 02:31 PM   #36

Alpine Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisekayn View Post
Thinking of buying Rand Macnally 2020 Motor Carriers Road Atlas as a back up to our apps. Any thoughts?

One of the smartest things you do in 2019!
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2019, 03:21 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Georgie Boy Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Scenic routing

Does this or any other program help you find scenic routes. I want to enjoy the drive and not race down the Interstate
Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 04:45 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curiosity View Post
Does this or any other program help you find scenic routes. I want to enjoy the drive and not race down the Interstate
Go into the "default settings" and then to the "routing & driving". Then check the "avoid highways" box. This will attempt to avoid all major highways unless there is no other option.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 02:57 PM   #39
RV LIFE Support Team

What we do is get maps from AAA, they have dots on all the scenic routs in each state, highlight them. Then we subscribe to onlyinyourstate.com and, over time, they show more routes which we put on our maps. Most states have maps/websites of their scenic and I believe there is a wbsite called scenicbyways.com. Everything goes on the AAA map and then we add the route we are interested in into RVTW so we have some feel for isance and elevation changes.

2015 Winnebago Vista 36Y + Honda CRV
RV LIFE Support Team
Sue46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard