Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2022, 11:36 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Trip Wizard question, please?

This morning, when I logged in to Trip Wizard, I found a notice that there was an upgrade and all my problems were solved.

I opened a trip, to do some updating, and I found that my blue routing line went away, my driving radius will not load, & the roads on the map are very difficult to see.

Anyone have any hints as to what has happened, or how I can reactivate these tools?
kcfissel is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2022, 05:03 PM   #2

Mine seemed to be working ok EXCEPT it changed all my prior routing. Lucky I have lots of time before I head out.
Old 06-30-2022, 07:27 AM   #3

I reported the problem and sent a screen shot to the Wizards. I'm not a happy user currently. I know my laptop is old and creaky, but their only current recommendation is to open it in Firefox rather than Chrome. Odd, it works in Chrome on my tablet. I added Firefox and it loads fine, however, it doesn't want me to use my cursor to move the map. I can enlarge or shrink the map and click on a different location and it will go there.

All very frustrating. I hate change.
Charming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 10:21 AM   #4

Being well versed in many things computer related, the problem seems to lie with Chrome on your computer and not Chrome in general. I posted previously that all seems ok with mine.
So, it sounds like your computer needs some TLC. Lots of things affects website functionality. The first thing I would do is open a incognito session in Chrome and see if it works there. If it does, and I suspect it will, then the problem lies, probably, with your cookies. You can then try clearing the cookies in Chrome. Restart Chrome and see if all is well.
Old 06-30-2022, 12:15 PM   #5

did the sugestions by Computer guy

I tried all the things computer guy mentioned with chrome and it is a NO GO.
I have problems with the map portions of the trip wizard. Very slow to load everthing on my open trip and movement around the map is almost non existant. I'm waiting for RV Pro Life to answere me, I have sent two emails and no reply yet.
2007camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 04:52 AM   #6

They have been responding to my issues. I sent a screen shot with my issues to the help desk. Prior to sending in my problem I went through and deleted cookies and emptied my cache. I'm doing it again now. After suggesting trying Firefox they have come back with additional questions for me that might be above my pay grade in my ability to answer, I'm going to give it a try today.

Okay, I was able to provide the additional info. Here is what they requested:

Thank you so much for reporting this issue. I am glad using the Firefox browser works. We would like to figure out why it is not working on the Chrome browser. We are reaching out to you for more detailed information and hope you will be able to help. We have noticed that this seems to be affecting a handful of Windows 10/Windows 7 users and a few iPad users.

If you could, would you mind sending us a screenshot of your system processor info and also a screenshot of your Chrome browser extensions that may be loaded? Would you also be open to speaking with someone from Tech Support if we have additional questions?

HOW TO GET PROCESSOR INFO:
Simultaneously press the WINDOWS key and the PAUSE Key.
If that doesn’t work, you can also get processor info by going to Settings and select System. On the next screen, scroll down and click on About in the left pane. In the right-pane, you will be able to see the Processor Make, Model and Speed. If you could send a screenshot with this info that would be very helpful. I’ve attached an example of the information we are looking for.

HOW TO VIEW INSTALLED BROWSER EXTENSIONS:
Open Chrome and click on Chrome > Preferences from the menu bar. Select Extensions from the left hand navigation.

Steps may vary slightly for between different browser versions.

Thanks so much for your help!
Old 07-01-2022, 03:31 PM   #7

There must have been more than a few of us with problems. I received this from the help desk:

Quote:
Earlier this week an update was made to the Planner that caused some members to experience degraded performance. The trouble you experienced was an unintended consequence and so today we've reversed these updates. You should be able to login now and use the planner without these issues. You may need to refresh your page once as you login.

In the coming days we will continue to work on a new update.
I sent her a thank you in response and accepted their offer to participate in testing the next updates.

It did force me to clean out my cookies and cache - something long over due.
Old 07-01-2022, 03:43 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007camelot View Post
I tried all the things computer guy mentioned with chrome and it is a NO GO.
I have problems with the map portions of the trip wizard. Very slow to load everthing on my open trip and movement around the map is almost non existant. I'm waiting for RV Pro Life to answere me, I have sent two emails and no reply yet.
I'm sorry you had trouble... when you contact the help desk, our responses sometimes end up in spam folders. You might check.

The map updates what were introduced late Monday caused performance issues for some users and improved performance for others. While we're investigating the reasons for this and because this is a busy travel weekend for many rvers, we made the decision to roll back the update.

When you login next, you may need to refresh a time of two but the planner should be working now as expected.

iRV2 Custom Search Tool
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard