Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #29

I downloaded the co pilot app, it doesn't have what I'm looking for
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-13-2015, 06:22 AM   #30

I am trying out this https://www.rvtripwizard.com/. I have not had S&T, but was thinking about getting it when it was cancelled. I also will be using Copilot gps on my android phone.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

Can a pre-planned out route created on Delorme Street Atlas software be downloaded to the Garmin RV760 GPS?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I received a confirmation that Delorme Street Atlas WILL download a GPX file to the Garmin or a different way to explain it, the Garmin will IMPORT a GPX file into its memory.

Email response below:

------------------------------------------------------

Hello Richard
Thank you for your email.

If the GPS will accept a GPX file then you can create a route in Street Atlas, right-click it and copy it to the Active Track Layer and then on the Draw tab export that layer to GPX for importation into your GPS.

If you have any questions, please reply to this email.

Regards,

Kurt Ringrose
DeLorme Customer Care
Phone: (800) 511-2459 or Internationally at (207) 847-1165

-------------------------------------------------------

I just may give it a try!

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:48 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Here is another mapping software program that I came across recently that MAY be the "answer".

Discover Hidden Garmin RV 760LMT Tricks You're Missing. 28 Tips From the GPS Experts!

I have downloaded a trial version to see if it is what it says it is.

I have one short trip coming up at the end of this month to Arizona & San Diego. Then later in April I am headed for Alaska which has many stops along the way. That will be interesting to see how this program manages all of that information.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-13-2015, 11:23 AM   #33

Maybe it is just my aging eyes, but for me I love navigating in a motorhome looking at a laptop and the large screen....
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepside454 View Post
Does the RM app allow you to "plan a trip"? , like you could with street & trips ?
No, you can create multi stop strips but you have to enter each stop manually.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:43 PM   #35

Next project.
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:30 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post

I have downloaded a trial version to see if it is what it says it is.

I have one short trip coming up at the end of this month to Arizona & San Diego. Then later in April I am headed for Alaska which has many stops along the way. That will be interesting to see how this program manages all of that information.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Don't waste your time on this one. It's about as useless as BaseCamp was.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 03-13-2015, 10:32 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
Maybe it is just my aging eyes, but for me I love navigating in a motorhome looking at a laptop and the large screen....
I'm with you, Brother! I just downloaded the Garmin BaseCamp. Useless for what we laptoppers are looking for. Delorme has many "hard to navigate" the program issues. I had tried it several years back and found frustration a common emotion with it. All the solutions being suggested by the fine folks in the thread are all falling short of the quality of S&T. S&T was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it was much more versatile and user friendly than anything I have seen offered on the market. ALK may be the next best option but they are pricy. I have no idea why a total new program needs to be purchased to receive an update. When I had Co-Pilot Live several years back I found it okay but not what S&T was for the money. Of course S&T sold new versions and never had patches that I am aware of.

We are just too old and unwilling to go with the "new" technology devices. I have a built in GPS in my coach but it is located in the dash and I just don't like to take my eyes off the road that long to figure out what it is trying to have me do. As you know, with the big screen on the dash a glance is all that is needed.

Thanks for your vote. Hang in there my friend.

Rick Y
Old 03-14-2015, 06:29 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
I'm with you, Brother! I just downloaded the Garmin BaseCamp. Useless for what we laptoppers are looking for. Delorme has many "hard to navigate" the program issues. I had tried it several years back and found frustration a common emotion with it. All the solutions being suggested by the fine folks in the thread are all falling short of the quality of S&T. S&T was not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but it was much more versatile and user friendly than anything I have seen offered on the market. ALK may be the next best option but they are pricy. I have no idea why a total new program needs to be purchased to receive an update. When I had Co-Pilot Live several years back I found it okay but not what S&T was for the money. Of course S&T sold new versions and never had patches that I am aware of.

We are just too old and unwilling to go with the "new" technology devices. I have a built in GPS in my coach but it is located in the dash and I just don't like to take my eyes off the road that long to figure out what it is trying to have me do. As you know, with the big screen on the dash a glance is all that is needed.

Thanks for your vote. Hang in there my friend.

Rick Y

Thanks Rick ...I've had Street Atlas from the beginning..I agree that it takes a while to learn but once you do it is a powerful program...Never had the opportunity to try S&T but did not like Copilot. Guess that's why they make chocolate and vanilla....
Old 03-14-2015, 07:15 AM   #39

Freightliner Owners Club
I now have the Street Atlas. It is real powerful. Is there any tutorials or DVD for it? I still trying to learn it.
>> Dennis
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #40

Try Here

https://support.delorme.com/kb/7-street-atlas
Old 03-14-2015, 08:48 PM   #41

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
I now have the Street Atlas. It is real powerful. Is there any tutorials or DVD for it? I still trying to learn it.
>> Dennis
The old question surfaces: why do the good die young.

I have been looking at every option offered and I am so discouraged. S&T was the king and now the king is dead. I just read the latest user input for Street Atlas and I was horrified. One review said that his street, over 12 years old, is not on the map and the locations in his area are misspelled or mislabeled. CoPilot has many of the same issues and it's latest map seems to be form 2012 at best. The internet options just don't fly for me.

I hope someone at Microsoft sees how popular their Streets & Trips is and ops to give it new life. RVing is not going away. The in-dash GPS systems are okay but lack many of the features I need when planing a trip. Besides, most of them are difficult to operate in the planning mode. Choosing roads that one favors or needs to avoid is often difficult. Printing the itinerary is unheard of as far as I know, or even a over-view map for that matter.

For all of you who have found workarounds that are functioning for you, my hat is off to you. I am not among you.

I hope this is not too harsh. I feel that some of the latest technology advances are actually another dumb down for society. This topic I rate among them. S&T was user friendly for the most part, but it allowed some creativity when planning a route. Many of the new systems are all or nothing options and the need to be connected. And the devices are just too small for older, weaker eyes to fine tune to in a snap.

Rick Y is
Old 03-14-2015, 09:39 PM   #42

I agree , I loved S&T. I still have it on lap top & can still use it. It's fun & helpful finding interesting places to stop at along the way
stepside454 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alaska, alaska trip, replace, trip wizard