Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2023, 01:58 PM   #127

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHBrown View Post
Just beginning to explore RV Trip Wizard. Is it possible to create custom categories of POI? For example, I am a SCUBA Diver and would love to create a POI Category of "Dive Sites" or "Dive Shops" that are saved so when traveling I can click the icon and see what is around me to explore. I guess the same could be done for Civil War Battlefields or Rotary Clubs. Thanks in advance.

George
To my understanding, there is not presently a means to add custom POI's to the list already resident in RVTW.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2023, 02:03 PM   #128

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhiron View Post
Is there a shortcut to turn on and off the Advanced Radius function?
There is not, beyond going to you Default or Trip Settings and choosing between the Classis or Advanced Radius, or just turning the Driving Radius function on or off altogether.
Old 01-22-2023, 12:41 PM   #129

Starting time

Why can't something as simple as adding a start time to a trip be added, then all the stops for that day are based off that start time. New day equals a new start time with that days stops calculated from that time. S&T had that basic function that was helpful in quickly showing the time of arrival vs having to manually calculate the time by adding all the stops together.
Old 01-22-2023, 03:38 PM   #130

Country Coach Owners Club
Offline trip access

Last year after the upgrades I tried to use my trip off line with GPS but each time I went to access trip wizzard to get to my trip it wanted me to log in and I didnít have access. Was I doing doing wrong or are the improvements coming?
Old 01-23-2023, 06:17 AM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by winningteam View Post
Last year after the upgrades I tried to use my trip off line with GPS but each time I went to access trip wizzard to get to my trip it wanted me to log in and I didnít have access. Was I doing doing wrong or are the improvements coming?

Use the RV Life app on your phone for GPS directions. No need to try to pull up trip wizard, as it is just for planning purposes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0148.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	384886
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2023, 08:52 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigBounder View Post
Why can't something as simple as adding a start time to a trip be added, then all the stops for that day are based off that start time. New day equals a new start time with that days stops calculated from that time. S&T had that basic function that was helpful in quickly showing the time of arrival vs having to manually calculate the time by adding all the stops together.
I too think this would be great.I do it with Excel but it would be nice to have it come over to my Calendar ( I do export the trip calendar ) with times. As it is, it is very difficult to read the trip on my Calendar since everything overlaps.
MGICBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 05:37 PM   #133

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pasdad1 View Post
Use the RV Life app on your phone for GPS directions. No need to try to pull up trip wizard, as it is just for planning purposes.

Attachment 384886
Sorry confused. I want to navigate to the sites and the route I had during trip planning. When I pull up rvlife in the middle of a trip (letís say 3rd stop) how do I get to the existing trip so it knows the route and waypoints. If I go to GPS it want a destination but I want to use the router from trip planning.
Old 02-03-2023, 07:04 PM   #134

No matter how I adjust the filters for campgrounds, it does not show me commercial/private campgrounds??? It does show me state parks, national forest, Corp of Engineers but no private or commercial??? Any help appreciated!
dosxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 09:36 PM   #135

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosxx View Post
No matter how I adjust the filters for campgrounds, it does not show me commercial/private campgrounds??? It does show me state parks, national forest, Corp of Engineers but no private or commercial??? Any help appreciated!
I think the best thing you can do for yourself is turn ALL of your filters off, in both your Default and Trip Settings. Also, make sure that you've turned off any and all CG Affiliations. Have a clean slate re: filters, and then enable "Show Campgrounds" and zoom in to your target area to see if potential CG's are identified. If that doesn't work, send an inquiry into the Help Desk.

Tags
trip wizard