Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2023, 04:21 PM   #155

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
What is the big appeal with this trip planner? If I zoom out and see CG on the map but when I either zoom in or hover over some on the map nothing happens?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2023, 07:49 AM   #156

Don't just hover over a CG icon - click it. A pop-up will open with gobs of info: relative cost, distance from your starting location and a link to more info on the CG like reviews, accomodations, etc. In there will also be a link to the campground website.

You can add a CG to your route and the planner will plot an RV safe route.

Off to the left in the trip ininerary there's a wrench icon. Click that and you can enter a whole raft of information. RV size (height, length, weight - helps the route planner), fuel efficiency, average travel speed, how far you'd like to travel in a day.

It'll take time to learn it all. Make practice trips, click on everything to see what it does.
Brian Rhoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 02:32 PM   #157

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
What Trip Wizard questions do you need answered?

I’ve done some trip planning and rv info and rearranging stops, route dragging, filters and saving trips and such but now when I click on a icon it just zooms in. It’s not acting right. It loads all the CG within my filters but won’t let me preview them. I’ve had issues before with this program. The only time it opens and displays info on a stop is when it’s in my Trip.
Old 03-18-2023, 03:32 PM   #158

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How do I get this removed, nothing works?Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7040.JPG
Views:	30
Size:	294.9 KB
ID:	388434
Old 03-18-2023, 04:15 PM   #159

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

I had to delete the last stop and then put it back in for that one night unplanned to disappear.
Old 03-18-2023, 09:29 PM   #160

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
I had to delete the last stop and then put it back in for that one night unplanned to disappear.
Just curious, why all the Waypoints, and are you sure that they are in proper sequence?
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 06:48 AM   #161

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Waypoints were from Route Dragging. I often forget to delete them if I can to clean it up a little. I can do most things on here fine Except it will not Display the CG’s when I click on them unless I manually put them in my list of stops and they were taken from the search bar? Searching for CG on the screen won’t work, it use to however. I have to search on RV Parky then put them in the search box and then add them to route.
Old 03-19-2023, 07:13 AM   #162

Passport America accuracy

How often are affiliations updated, if ever?

MANY PA parks listed in RVTW, are no longer active PA members.

For the remaining parks that are actually current, it would be extreme beneficial if their specific discount details were visible once you open their description. I spend a great deal of time researching PA parks only to find out they are blacked out for the planned month(s).
RW8337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 07:40 AM   #163

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RW8337 View Post
How often are affiliations updated, if ever?

MANY PA parks listed in RVTW, are no longer active PA members.

For the remaining parks that are actually current, it would be extreme beneficial if their specific discount details were visible once you open their description. I spend a great deal of time researching PA parks only to find out they are blacked out for the planned month(s).

Well that’s just one of many I guess, heck I haven’t e en got that far. Why can I click on displayed CG and it does nothing but zoom in on the screen and it doesn’t even show the target CG when it zooms in, it just disappears! It’s a terrible program IMO
Old 03-19-2023, 10:11 AM   #164

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Well that’s just one of many I guess, heck I haven’t e en got that far. Why can I click on displayed CG and it does nothing but zoom in on the screen and it doesn’t even show the target CG when it zooms in, it just disappears! It’s a terrible program IMO

When the map is zoomed out the campgrounds all appear as the generic tent icon, letting you know that there are some campgrounds at that location. As you zoom in, the icons will change to the specific affiliation icons, and all your filters take effect. If they disappear at that point it means you're set too many filters, and there are no campgrounds in the area that meet ALL your requirements.

Filters are set in 2 places: in the Research tab, and in the Memberships & Clubs option in the Trip Tools menu. In the Memberships & Clubs option a common issue is users selecting the option to only show their preferred campgrounds: any campgrounds that are not affiliated with their preferred list will disappear. It's better the select the "Show all Campgrounds" option - this way the affiliated campgrounds will be displayed with their respective icon and all others will display with the generic tent icon.
Old 03-19-2023, 12:39 PM   #165

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Alan thank you for that great explanation! It’s really not a intuitive platform to me. I’ve watched many videos and most are pretty good🤷
Do you have any videos you could suggest to watch? I must have changed some filter settings because it worked better previously.
Old 03-19-2023, 01:13 PM   #166

Travel times differ between apps ??

I was using my TW cell app to plan a trip to maine from NJ, stopping in CT for the night.. A trip that I have made before pulling my TT took a little over 4.5 hours to get to CT.
Routing the same trip using Trip Wizard showed it to take over 6 hours. Google maps shows the trip at 4.5 hours over the same route.. Why such a big discrepancy??

Thanks in advance..
1stimerveer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 01:49 PM   #167

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well being a person that is having some issues of my own in previous post I might take jab at this and I could be wrong and maybe shouldn’t even reply but I am. You may know a route for a fact that is doable but if you have your RV info setup correctly TW may disagree with you. You might have No Tolls or other options setup that is costing you time and miles. Zoom in a look close at the route and you might be able to Drag a Route and reshape it. I do this often on familiar routes. When you do that it will create way points, just play with it a little. Google Maps and such isn’t setup to ask you how many miles a day you travel based on speed you drive either. You’ll need to study and compare the two closely side by side. For me the appeal initially with TW was to have many CG or POI available in one place for planning but you should compare it to other mapping programs for route planning too. Hope this helps as a easy answer.
Old 03-19-2023, 01:59 PM   #168

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_Hepburn View Post
When the map is zoomed out the campgrounds all appear as the generic tent icon, letting you know that there are some campgrounds at that location. As you zoom in, the icons will change to the specific affiliation icons, and all your filters take effect. If they disappear at that point it means you're set too many filters, and there are no campgrounds in the area that meet ALL your requirements.

Filters are set in 2 places: in the Research tab, and in the Memberships & Clubs option in the Trip Tools menu. In the Memberships & Clubs option a common issue is users selecting the option to only show their preferred campgrounds: any campgrounds that are not affiliated with their preferred list will disappear. It's better the select the "Show all Campgrounds" option - this way the affiliated campgrounds will be displayed with their respective icon and all others will display with the generic tent icon.

Well it seems I have to turn the Filters tab Off totally for your suggestion to work. So do you only open your filters for setup and turn them off for planning?

Tags
trip wizard