Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #29

I think the route interface needs overhauling, big time.

For example, why does it show the "little green men infestation" when I click the Tent icon at top (Show campgrounds); like this:

... when I just want it to show the campsites near my route (I-80, the purple line on the map)? There should be a preference to only show places that are within, say, 5 miles of the route. (If it's there, please tell me where.) Instead it shows every dang site in the country, if your route goes cross country at least.

I've learned to zoom in before turning on the Tent icon. But if I zoom in too much, suddenly all of them disappear:

Then I look closer and I see two KOA campgrounds bottom center. Then I realize I have to open both Filters and Map Settings trying to figure out how to show other campsites along the route, just as it did a moment ago.

Finally, many times while en route I've opened up Trip Wizard to find which gas stations or truck stops are along my route in the next 50-100 miles or so. Is there an easy way to do this? I've resigned myself to using Google Maps on my iPad, which has an easy way to find "fuel" on my route (even includes current price per gallon).
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-05-2022, 04:10 PM   #30

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
[QUOTE=amc123;6236458]I think the route interface needs overhauling, big time.

For example, why does it show the "little green men infestation" when I click the Tent icon at top (Show campgrounds); like this:

Regarding the "little green men infestation" , the CG symbols at that zoomed out level don't indicate any particular CG, they just indicate, as you saw, that you've activated the CG Icon. To see actual CG locations, you need to zoom in more.

Separate from that, you need to set the CG filters upfront to include the types of CG's you'd consider for any night's stay. At a minimum, select Big Rig Access in the Park Features filter area. That should illuminate quite a few potential sites for you to choose from when you do zoom in enough to see actual CG locations..
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 02:35 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
No, you had added a comment (Post # 21) quoting a previous post (#5) by chindog that talked about identifying Waypoints on the map that were listed in the Trip Section, and that had resulted from dragging the route. At least that's what the post was about that you quoted. I was just saying that there was an answer to that question in post #7. That's all.
If you think so. #21 had to do with waypoints. You need to read #23 to find what I wrote about route exclusions. I'm sorry if that was confusing to some.
MevetS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 05:34 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MevetS View Post
If you think so. #21 had to do with waypoints. You need to read #23 to find what I wrote about route exclusions. I'm sorry if that was confusing to some.
I had read your #23. It was related to Waypoints, but different subject matter than the question posed in #5, which was specifically about finding and deleting the correct Waypoint in the Trip Section when you have multiple in your route, to which you commented "X2". I didn't comment on your #23 as I don't have the same concerns as you expressed in that Post.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:00 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post

Regarding the "little green men infestation" , the CG symbols at that zoomed out level don't indicate any particular CG, they just indicate, as you saw, that you've activated the CG Icon. To see actual CG locations, you need to zoom in more.
Thanks for the reply, Mike. I understand that, but that's why I started my post with the plea to overhaul the interface. When you've plotted out a route, turning on the CG icon should only show CGs along the route. That is what a user intuitively expects.

I did set filters beforehand, and told it to use filters. When I said "no filters" then I saw many more CGs near the route (after zooming in). But here again I think a User Interface redesign is worth thinking about.

For example, instead of having to open a panel and select items to filter, I would like a vertical strip on top of the map that had checkboxes for various types of campgrounds. (or the user could choose which filters to include in this "quick filter" bar). When I click a checkbox, it means "include this kind". And the map would immediately update.
Old 07-06-2022, 07:08 AM   #34

[QUOTE=Alan_Hepburn;6219433]You receive 4 products with your single subscription (called RV LIFE Pro bundle):

If these products are all bundled into one subscription, why is it necessary to sign in separately for each product? Seems to me that if you sign into one of the features, your sign-in should carry over to the others.
1JetDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:52 PM   #35

How to change trip start date?

I am trying to (1) change the start date of my planned trip to leave one day earlier than originally planned and (2) leave from a different location than originally planned.

RV Trip Wizard won't let me do either.

Help pls and ty!

Signed, Frustrated Trip Planner
Debbyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:36 AM   #36
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbyf View Post
I am trying to (1) change the start date of my planned trip to leave one day earlier than originally planned and (2) leave from a different location than originally planned.

RV Trip Wizard won't let me do either.

Help pls and ty!

Signed, Frustrated Trip Planner
Simply highlight the starting point in your trip menu on the left. When the pop-out with the pencil, trash can, etc., comes up, click on the pencil. Now you can change the date, and it will change all the other dates as well.
Old 07-07-2022, 06:26 AM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
Simply highlight the starting point in your trip menu on the left. When the pop-out with the pencil, trash can, etc., comes up, click on the pencil. Now you can change the date, and it will change all the other dates as well.
Regarding 2) in your post (I'm sure pbucha had intended to address it in his response but just hit go after his 1st point), I'd say if the new Start Location doesn't matter much re: routing to your 1st Stop, then I'd forget about adding it. However, if there is likely a big enough change to your routing, then I'd add a Stop for this new location between your original Start and Stop #1. That will establish this location in your route. Once you've completed that step, then you can move that new entry ahead of your original Start. That done, you have your new Start location, and you can assure the start date is as you want it. All of that then completed, you can now Delete what was your original Start Location from the route. Now you'll have your new Start Location and Date, and the correct routing to the real Stop #1.
If I've confused things for you with all this, please come back with questions.
Old 07-07-2022, 03:23 PM   #38

I can't figure out how to add boondocking or Harvest Host stops to my trip. I read the FAQ's but the closest I found was a note saying that if I was staying with a family member to make it a POI, but I still don't see a way to do that. Also, Why isn't Harvest Hosts part of the membership list?
TeamMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 03:28 PM   #39
Community Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMartin View Post
I can't figure out how to add boondocking or Harvest Host stops to my trip. I read the FAQ's but the closest I found was a note saying that if I was staying with a family member to make it a POI, but I still don't see a way to do that. Also, Why isn't Harvest Hosts part of the membership list?
Make it a custom stop.
You will need to put in the address for the stop, it works, I do it this way.
2017 Ram 3500 w/Aisin w/4:10
2 Dachshunds DJ (RIP 9-12-19) & Joey (RIP 5-14-21)
hamm2018 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:22 PM   #40

Where do you get the option for a custom stop?
TeamMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 04:38 PM   #41

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Enter the address in the search bar at the top of the map - when that location is identified on the map you add it as a custom stop.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:50 AM   #42

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamMartin View Post
You have to have a partner to be able to dance. Trip Wizard has made overtures to Harvest Host in the past, and Harvest Host has declined because of the way they do their membership process and the way they protect access to members only. Maybe sometime in the future, but so far HH doesn't want a partner.

Tags
trip wizard