Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-16-2022, 01:33 PM   #113

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Just to be clear, the "Remember Me" check box is for UserID only, but you are correct that when you check that box at Log In, and later Log Out of RVTW, when you subsequently Log In again, your UserID is not automatically entered as it should. Just tried it on my laptop. You should submit this to the Support Team.
I went ahead and submitted this to the Help Desk, and in very timely fashion, this was the response returned to me:
Thank you for contacting RV LIFE Trip Wizard/RV LIFE mobile app, part of the RV LIFE Pro suite of products.

Clicking the “Remember Me” box tells the browser to save a cookie so that if you close out the window for the site without signing out, the next time you go back, you will be remembered.

Make sure that you have your browser set to remember cookies, or this function will not work.
I hope this helpful to anyone else who was curious. I know I learned something.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2022, 02:32 PM   #114

Thanks for the help. To my knowledge I haven't done anything different. Maybe the time period of being away was longer. I just went to trip wizard and was still logged in from yesterday.
Old 12-18-2022, 12:56 PM   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8253 View Post
Back in "the day", MS Streets and Trips had an optimization routine where you could create a list of possible destinations and the routine would put them in an "optimum" order based based on lowest total miles or some criteria like that. If you were just throwing darts at a map, or had a list of stops that you really didn't know what to do with yet, it was a reasonable way to create your new sheet of paper to make a real trip from. I never used it, as I always had reasons to deviate from its suggestions.

On my Garmin RV770, there is a similar optimization function, but again, I don't use it for the reason stated above. But you might contact Garmin about it if you are really interested.
I still use S&T for this feature - to make sense of a good efficient route for the overall trip.

It gives me a suggestion that I can put into a detailed planner like RV Trip Wizard, or into my GPS.
OldBaldFat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:06 AM   #116

How can I follow a specific highway/route?

Is there any way without continually dragging the route or adding crazy wayoints to get the routing to follow a specific highway/route such as the Natchez Trace Parkway or Blue Ridge Parkway?
MGICBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 11:36 AM   #117

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGICBUS View Post
Is there any way without continually dragging the route or adding crazy waypoints to get the routing to follow a specific highway/route such as the Natchez Trace Parkway or Blue Ridge Parkway?
I believe the answer to this is that both do not permit truck traffic, while RV's are allowed for most sections (you do need to watch tunnel heights on the Blue Ridge). That makes things problematic for creating / following RV safe routes using RVTW and RV GPS units. We've driven the Natchez Trace without issue. Haven't done the Blue Ridge Parkway. I don't recall issues with our GPS on the Natchez, but it was before RVTW. Don't know your RV's dimensions, but if you don't require RV Safe routes, than try standard routing. If you are bigger, then for sure some sections of the Blue Ridge will not accommodate full size RV's because of tunnels. Others who've driven that roadway can fill in the details.
Old 01-07-2023, 10:54 PM   #118

Quote:
Is there any way without continually dragging the route or adding crazy wayoints to get the routing to follow a specific highway/route such as the Natchez Trace Parkway or Blue Ridge Parkway?
Under Trip Settings - Routing and Driving - Change to Standard Routing and check YES to avoid highways.

I've easily set the Natchez Trace Parkway with a custom stop point near Natchez, MS where the highway starts, and one at the end near Nashville at Hwy 100 south of I-40.

I set the Jeff Busby and Meriwether Lewis campgrounds as stops on the trip. I did have to drag a waypoint near the start. Do not set the Rocky Springs CG as a waypoint - its location is off the Parkway.

The MAIN reason that RV Trip Wizard does not route along those routes is that they are scenic drives and not efficient routes.

The algorithms that power routing software look for most efficient routes with proper speeds. Just the 45 mph speed limit on the Natchez Trace makes it inefficient.

As mentioned, you have to assume primary responsibility for making sure that your RV fits on those routes.
Old 01-08-2023, 08:08 AM   #119

Quote:
Yes, be careful on the Blue Ridge. You can't get through with a full sized RV. It is possible to get into Pisgah State Park from the South or East but not from the West. No hook ups there and sites are tucked into small driveways with the picnic tables often up or down a flight of steps. Not for the faint hearted.

https://www.blueridgeparkway.org/rv-the-parkway/
CaptVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:31 AM   #120

I fit easily under bridges at <10 ft height. I use the Standard routing. But for some reason, it will not keep me on the Trace or the BR Parkway....sends me off to US highways whenever it can.
I must be missing something....
MGICBUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 03:52 PM   #121

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
I fit easily under bridges at <10 ft height. I use the Standard routing. But for some reason, it will not keep me on the Trace or the BR Parkway....sends me off to US highways whenever it can.
Following is the verbiage taken from the Code of Federal Regulations as it pertains to the Natchez Trace Pkwy:
§ 7.43 Natchez Trace Parkway.
(a)-(b) [Reserved]
(c) Vehicles -
(1) Trucks. Trucks over one ton rated capacity are not permitted on the parkway. Trucks, not exceeding one ton rated capacity, are permitted to travel on the Natchez Trace Parkway when used solely for transportation of persons, their baggage, camping equipment and related articles for recreational purposes only. Trucks used for the purpose of hauling non-recreational materials are not permitted.
(3) & (4) N/A
(4) Recreational vehicles. Recreational vehicles, including but not limited to self-propelled mobile homes, campers, house trailers, and vehicles up to 1 1⁄2-ton rated capacity, when such recreational vehicles are used solely to carry persons for recreational purposes together with their baggage, camping equipment, and related articles for vacation or recreational purposes, are permitted on the parkway.
The issue with parkways such as this is that our RV Safe Planners and GPS Units are essentially using truck based databases to give us routing recommendations. When trucks are specifically prohibited from a route, it's difficult to exclude those prohibitions from your RV Safe Planner. The good thing is there are only a limited number of examples like this, and in most cases, there is lots of available data out there to let you know that these prohibitions don't necessarily apply to RV's. Just the way it is...
Old 01-09-2023, 06:10 AM   #122

Quote:
Besides Standard Routing - be sure to select YES to avoid highways.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:27 AM   #123

Just beginning to explore RV Trip Wizard. Is it possible to create custom categories of POI? For example, I am a SCUBA Diver and would love to create a POI Category of "Dive Sites" or "Dive Shops" that are saved so when traveling I can click the icon and see what is around me to explore. I guess the same could be done for Civil War Battlefields or Rotary Clubs. Thanks in advance.

George
GHBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:02 PM   #124

How can I set Filters to apply to entire trip

Is there a way to set filters to apply to entire trip. I would like the suggestions show only parks that have FHU, rates 5 stars, etc. Thank you!!
Sam1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:44 PM   #125

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
RV Trip Wizard
Wink shortcut

Is there a shortcut to turn on and off the Advanced Radius function?
Ron @ HHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2023, 12:56 PM   #126

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam1212 View Post
Is there a way to set filters to apply to entire trip. I would like the suggestions show only parks that have FHU, rates 5 stars, etc. Thank you!!
To do what you are inquiring about, click on the Research panel on the right side of your screen. Selecting the Parks Tab at the top of that panel, you will see the listing of the various Filters that are selectable for your CG search. The "Hookups and Connectivity" filter section allows you to specify FHU if that's what you are looking for. Above that, the "Park Rating" filter allows you to choose 3 Stars and above, 4 Stars and above, of just 5-Star.

My suggestion to you is to open each of those filter sections individually and understand the many choices you have when doing your search. Note: for some of these filters, you have to be zoomed in enough on your map to actually see individual CG's on your map.

Tags
trip wizard