Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > RV LIFE Trip Wizard - Trip Planner Topics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-05-2022, 06:18 AM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souljourner View Post
Tim -
Is there a way to import an RVTW route into google maps, besides recreating it using waypoints?
Not that I know of.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-25-2022, 05:29 PM   #100

clicking on campgrounds doesn't open them anymore. I have a Samsung galaxy s22 phone and a tablet s4. Used to work but is very bad now. Very frustrating. Must be due to a recent tripwizard update since it wasn't a problem before
phfkef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 02:57 PM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Rhoda View Post
I've experienced the same phenomenon you describe, and I think I found a way around it. When you get your map loaded in google maps, tap a destination map pin. That brings up a menu on the bottom of the screen where you then need to tap "Directions". Google then plots the real route - not some straight line crayon drawing that you initially get.

Downside is that I'm not 100% certain the "RV Safe" route plotter in RVTW is followed. I did a side by side comparison of a ~500 mile trip and it seemed ok. I'll find out next week. My interest in doing this was to take advantage of Android Auto. RVTW does not appear to be compatible with Android Auto. Maybe that's in the future?
I know that the RV life GPS works on Apple CarPlay and I have read that it also works in Android Auto. It isn’t the default map, so you need to browse your available apps to select RV LIfe GPS.
MemByTheMile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:34 AM   #102

Is there a trip planning app out there which does the following:
I input the names of lets say 20 parks I want to visit in Montana, Wyoming, Iowa, Alberta, British Columbia and so on and the software figures out the best route???
hbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 10:24 AM   #103
Community Moderator

What Trip Wizard questions do you need answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrand View Post

I input the names of lets say 20 parks I want to visit in Montana, Wyoming, Iowa, Alberta, British Columbia and so on and the software figures out the best route???

This doesn’t seem all that helpful in real life however, as rv parks will only have availability on certain days or weeks, and so timing becomes critical as to which order you need to visit.

I am following to see what the other responses are.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 07:42 PM   #104

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbrand View Post
Back in "the day", MS Streets and Trips had an optimization routine where you could create a list of possible destinations and the routine would put them in an "optimum" order based based on lowest total miles or some criteria like that. If you were just throwing darts at a map, or had a list of stops that you really didn't know what to do with yet, it was a reasonable way to create your new sheet of paper to make a real trip from. I never used it, as I always had reasons to deviate from its suggestions.

On my Garmin RV770, there is a similar optimization function, but again, I don't use it for the reason stated above. But you might contact Garmin about it if you are really interested.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 04:36 AM   #105

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
What Trip Wizard questions do you need answered?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvstitchy View Post
on the topic of route dragging. There is a bit of an art to it and it takes a little practice. I have found that you need to sometimes drag in sections and zoom in closely to make sure you are dropping exactly on the road. If you are zoomed back to far it is easy to drop on a side road without knowing it. I have also found that it might take a couple of individual drags to complete your desired route.

For example, heading north on 95 i want to use 17 to charleston instead of 26. I zoom in close to the 95 exit for 17 and drag the route to make the exit. Then scroll further up the route. You may find trip wizard is trying to route you back to 95. Get to that point, zoom in and make another drag to change the route.

If you make a mistake on a drag do not try to drag it back. That is a killer mistake. You can go to the route listing on the left side and delete the small waypoints.

If you stay zoomed way out and just try to change the route by dragging from a mid point you will get all sorts of weird detours and circles. That creates the unusual time and mileage increase.

exactly!!!!!!
Old 11-29-2022, 07:19 PM   #106

Thor Owners Club
Elevation

Does everyone else have the issue with the latest update on wizard that the elevation is off? I was planning a trip through Flagstaff which is around 7000' and the elevation says 149'
Old 11-30-2022, 09:14 AM   #107

I'm not sure if this is the place to mention it but when I edit a stop's cost setting, if the setting has a non-zero default, I can't set the amount to $0. It just reverts to the default. For example, I have a "Meal Total" default of $50. If I try to set "Meals Total" cost to $0, it just reverts to the default setting of $50.

Same for my "Camping Total". I have a default setting of $30 but if I boondock somewhere where my cost is $0.00, It will just revert to the $30 default.

To make it work somewhat, I have to set it for a non-zero amount (e.g. $0.01 works).
Old 12-11-2022, 06:29 AM   #108

offline use

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbucha View Post
What are some RV LIFE Trip Wizard questions you have that you need answers to, or you see are constantly asked?

Maybe you've just haven't felt like asking them, but wish someone would.

What would you like to know about Trip Wizard, that you don't?

Do you have any really hard questions...aka...stump the presenter-type questions?
How can I download maps on my computer for offline use?
landisteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2022, 11:45 AM   #109

Tiffin Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
"How can I download maps on my computer for offline use?"

If I understand your question correctly, RVLIFE Trip Wizard is a real time web application, so being on line is a requirement for it to function. Please keep in mind, RVLIFE Trip Wizard is a PLANNING tool to be used prior to taking a trip.
There is a companion mobile app called RVLIFE which can be used off line to navigate the trips created in RVLIFE Trip Wizard. You will be given the option to download the maps needed to navigate each of these trips.
LarryJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2022, 06:40 PM   #110

I am having to re-login to trip wizard after being out for a couple days. I am checking the remember me box. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Old 12-16-2022, 09:40 AM   #111

Tiffin Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by motts461 View Post
I am having to re-login to trip wizard after being out for a couple days. I am checking the remember me box. Is anyone else experiencing this?
Just to be clear, the "Remember Me" check box is for UserID only, but you are correct that when you check that box at Log In, and later Log Out of RVTW, when you subsequently Log In again, your UserID is not automatically entered as it should. Just tried it on my laptop. You should submit this to the Support Team.
Mike8253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 12:58 PM   #112

Quote:
Originally Posted by motts461 View Post
When I’m planning a trip, I’m often on TripWizard daily, even multiple times per day. If it sits idle for a few days, I will have to log in again. Doesn’t surprise me as many websites will do this if they are idle for too long. I’ve always assumed it’s a protection so that if the device were to be stolen, someone else couldn’t use your account, but don’t know that for sure.
Bobalouie2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trip wizard