Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-30-2021, 11:55 AM   #1

Arctic Fox Quality?

I live in eastern Oregon about 50 miles from Northwood Mfg. Yesterday, I drove from my home to Salem viewing half a dozen of their TCs and TTs along the way.

I had been seriously considering buying an Arctic Fox fifth wheel for the simple reason of their purported quality.

However, after watching these two videos regarding the build on a brand new, never used 2021 Arctic Fox TT, I am rethinking.

The first video explains and provides background. The second video explains what was found on the roof.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xu3i6DBlgdA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zh39X5c4vAg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
moparjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2021, 12:31 PM   #2

Just because one trailer has an issue doesn't mean all will or most will.
When buying you need to look at just the one you're buying not what you read about or see in other units. Each unit is built differently in that some are worse or better than others.
You can have two identical trailers on one dealer's lot and one may have issues and the other could be close to perfect.
BTDT. My ORV has had multiple issues of which two were needing a trip back to the factory. Other ORV owners had very little to report for issues. Others had much worse than me.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:43 PM   #3

AF was very responsive to their customers back in the day but in recent years not so much. They are putting more customer satisfaction onto the dealers. The thing that sets Northwood apart is their frame and basic box construction. They are not innovative nor are they on the cutting edge of style and design. But the box is one of the best in the industry. Fit and finish of the interior is usually workmanlike but does vary considerably from camper to camper. I don't think you will find a unit with the resale value of AF. If you are that close to the factory, go check out Thunder RV. They are one of those dealerships that have very few complaints and are known for taking care of their customers.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 09:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparjer View Post
The first video explains and provides background. The second video explains what was found on the roof.
Thanks for the info, but in case anyone else had issues with your links . . .

First

Second

Back to morning brew . . .
CalCamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 07:45 PM   #5

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I would say quality is average and customer service is abysmal. They seem to push everything to the dealer and in my case, the dealer is lousy also. I can deal with the average quality as I fix what I need to but to not care about customers is unforgivable. I have helped steer away at least 6 new customers to other manufactures just due to the poor customer service. I know this is not in Northwoods wheelhouse but they seem way behind the others in both design and technology if that's important to you.
Old 05-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #6

I am new to it but Northwoods has treated me well on several issues that dealer did not. Some trim not done well but overall I am very impressed. Went with them, because my Class A was falling apart. Little stuff I can fix but rebuild is not an option.
saundnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 09:14 PM   #7

Try to find a better frame today. That is what holds everything else together.
As a controls guy, I work with tech all day, and some of it is good, some, not so much. So when I get in my 5th wheel, I don't want to think or worry about whether or not the touch screen is going to run my slide out. I know if I push the old style rocker switch, the slides will move. Not having the latest tech crap on the wall isn't a negative to everyone.
They are stuck using the same crappy rv furniture, appliances and windows that all the others use, but try to find a better frame.....
Old 05-13-2021, 05:08 PM   #8

I have a 2017 Arctic Fox 22G. We found only 1 installation defect. The fire extinguisher bracket was screwed into just the surface laminate not the underlaying framing. I fixed that myself. Having needed to have anything else fixed in the 3 years we have owned it.

Happy with the trailer and made a lot of upgrades related to solar/batteries/Inverter-Charger, 12 volt compressor fridge and new audio system. Plan on using it a long time.
Old 05-21-2021, 01:14 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtCamper View Post
AF was very responsive to their customers back in the day but in recent years not so much. They are putting more customer satisfaction onto the dealers. The thing that sets Northwood apart is their frame and basic box construction. They are not innovative nor are they on the cutting edge of style and design. But the box is one of the best in the industry. Fit and finish of the interior is usually workmanlike but does vary considerably from camper to camper. I don't think you will find a unit with the resale value of AF. If you are that close to the factory, go check out Thunder RV. They are one of those dealerships that have very few complaints and are known for taking care of their customers.
Yup.....What he said! I think from the "design" the Northwood and Outdoors RV manufacturing are quite a few steps ahead of the competition. I think from the fabrication the Northwood and Outdoors RV are better than most but not where it really should be from a "consumer perspective". They're all built by humans and there lies the problem. One day all could be fine, one day a guy/gal shows up with a hangover or problems at home and we suffer.....I'll still take my chances with either one of these two manufacturers.
Vintage465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality