Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2021, 07:53 PM   #1

Artic Fox 22G with sit & sleep option

Asking for opinions on this option in the 22G. Has anyone seen or experienced this option ? I just wonder how comfortable it is in both positions .
Kenmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2021, 04:35 PM   #2

My wife and I bought the 2017 22G with the Sit and Sleep sofa option. We use a 3 inch memory foam topper that easily folds with the mattress for sit position. The bed is very comfortable with the 3 inch topper. We enjoy the sofa during the day. We alway fold up the bed before breakfast and use the sofa until bed time.

I am a bigger dude and I wanted a little more padding on the sofa. I have a 3 inch bench cushion that I use on top of the sofa.

So with modifications we are very happy with the layout. I think it would get a little old only being able to sit at the dinette. We replaced the TV with a 40 inch 4K TV so it is very easy to enjoy watching it from the sofa.

90% of the time it is just the two of us. My son and our Australian Shepherd comes with us a few road trips each year. He sleeps on a 10 inch mattress under a Leer cap in the truck bed and the dog sleeps with us when she comes on a trip. The dinette handles the 3 of us just fine.

I bought the Arctic Fox 22G because it is a good size for us without slides. Didn't want the complications, added weight and added heating/cooling load related to a slide. After 3 years we don't have any regrets.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #3

When it's msde up like standard bed?

We have a 23D with the sit and sleep setup. Like the previous response we NEEDED a 3” memory foam topper to take out the rock hardness and make it comfortable. We haven’t tried to fold it into sofa form yet with the topper on because the better half likes a real bed complete with sheets, pillows and blankets.

There is no way I can see to fold it with all that stuff in place. And, taking it apart and remaking the bed each night is a PITA so we just leave it in the bed position and the two of us just use the dinette for sitting around.

I’d be really interested in how others with the sit and sleep option handle that functionality.

Tom
TomU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 02:17 PM   #4

We leave our bed made with fitted and flats sheets and just fold it up. We use retention straps that clip near the four corners to retain the sheet. We fold it down at night and pull the comfortable out of the side ward and through it over the bed and we are ready sleep on the bed.
Old 05-25-2021, 03:17 PM   #5

Thanks Astrocamper

I'll have to give that a try...

Tom
TomU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 04:15 PM   #6

I meant to type comforter or blanket, not comfortable. Throw not through. I guess need to proofread before posting.