Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-13-2015, 07:41 PM   #15

We have a 2015 Artic Fox 27-5L 5th wheel that we received last February. Love it, built to last.

Go to at afnash.com. That is the Northwood (manufacture of the Artic Fox) RV Owners association. You can have a trial period to see if you like it.

We joined after we purchased our 5th wheel.

I give two thumps up to Artic Fox construction.

Jim
wallyjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-16-2015, 01:47 AM   #16

More trailers made more troubles in proportion. Like cars BMW may look great but compare to Ford sure makes a difference in numbers.
I know a couple went through 2 BMWs with problems and now are very satisfied with a Hyundai Santa Fee.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:02 PM   #17

To the owners of the AF 27-5L. Looking at Northwoodmfg.com site, it states that the 5er's are Canadian dealers. How did you get yours? By going to La Grande, OR? Or does the dealer/s have them here in the USA? I'm looking at the dealer in Grand Rapids, MI as they are the closest one to me, but they only have PU models on their site.
BandSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:28 AM   #18

Af 27-5l

I bought mine from an AF dealer in Longmont, Colorado. You might call them to see if they have 5th wheels as well. Our dealer carried both truck campers, travel trailers and 5th wheels made by AF and Nash.

There is a Northwood owners association forum at afash.com that might be able to help you as well.

Good Luck,

Jim
Old 09-20-2015, 02:52 AM   #19

Most of their dealers are in the US but not all carry the fifth wheels, different dealers carry different lines of theres.

Lots of dealers on the west coast but the further east you go the less and less there are.

We bought ours from Sumner RV in Seattle and they were great. But before buying we priced it out with about half a dozen dealers in the Northwest.

I found this listing for a new one on RV Trader not too far from you:
2016 Northwood Arctic Fox 27-5L, Albertville MN - - RVtrader.com

I am sure if you call Northwood and tell you where you are they can tell you the closest dealers that carry fifth wheels.
cootersotg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:17 AM   #20

We have a 2005 Artic Fox 295T. Very happy with how well it stays warm and cold as required.
Technobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #21

After the warranty is finished, dealers are useless. You just have to have owned another brand of trailers before you realize how good these rigs are. Most northwood owners trade up within the AF or Nash line...and it is hard to find used ones..

If you want to hear bleating, go on the MH pages where folks have spent multi 100K and read the problems..

All rigs have problems..but if you want to avoid that..buy one that is a couple of years old..we did..bugs all ready worked out..

I also think that northwood is geared to folks that want "solid" ..not just technical bling and widgets.. next trailer you walk in to, jump up and down on the floor..then ask if you can bounce on the roof..

Northwoods tend to be heavier...there is a good reason for that...

Do I sound happy with our purchase, yup...

Edit, there nearest Canadian dealer to me is 6 provinces over or basically, on the other side of the country !
Old 09-25-2015, 11:35 PM   #22

We bought a used smaller AF 5th wheel and really enjoyed it. Made a coast to coast trip and many, many miles on rough roads with no issues. We upsized to an AF 29 5T and it too has been solid, had some issues that were fixed under warranty, things that were supplied items like the Lippert entry door and Lippert egress window (poor fit) and the electrically operated black tank valve. Everything has been trouble-free since then. AF makes their own frames from steel "I" beams so they are heavy but rugged. AF doesn't use fancy eye candy to hide all the stuff that's going to fall apart in a few years.
road dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 10:06 PM   #23

The website has been redone and the new link is:

http://www.nroa2003.com/forum/

Great info on Artic Foxes and Nash trailers
Old 10-08-2015, 03:32 AM   #24

Great trailer

We have been on the road for only 10 weeks and it's surprising how many people tell us how much they like our trailer and how they have never seen any like it. Having only been in Ontario and New York State so far, we haven't yet seen another Artic Fox.
We are still pretty happy with ours.
Old 10-08-2015, 05:44 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technobody View Post
We have been on the road for only 10 weeks and it's surprising how many people tell us how much they like our trailer and how they have never seen any like it. Having only been in Ontario and New York State so far, we haven't yet seen another Artic Fox.
We are still pretty happy with ours.
As far as we know, we have the only AF in the maritimes..maybe even atlantic canada. We have never seen one before and we are continually asked "what is that " ?

We were up you way this summer (we did 5 provinces) and didn't see any there even though I hear there is dealer selling them in Ontario through a dealership in Alberta...not sure if he stocks or just brings them in on order. According to Northwood, the nearest trailer dealer is Alberta..and I hear there are a lot out west.

You should visit the northwood web...the really nice thing is that all the info is specific to the brand so there is a huge amount of knowledge available for the asking..

BTW, we used to live in Nepean
Old 10-08-2015, 09:46 PM   #26

Yes they are that good! I have a 2005 Nash 22H and I have really enjoyed it. Is it perfect? No but it is better than the other brands by far. I would rate Airstream as #1. You get what you pay for.
I have made many improvements to mine and now it has become mine and has higher quality components which I appreciate. I enjoy doing the modifications. Next project is to install a built in vacuum under one of the dinette seats.
Buy one ASAP and you will not regret it.
I just got back from a trip to Sunriver in eastern Oregon and there was a neat couple there who had a huge Mobile Suites 5th wheel and they were towing it with a big shiny white class 8 Volvo. Says he never notices the hills. No kidding! Made me think about changing but I will never get rid of my baby.
09 harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 03:06 AM   #27

Northwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassy View Post
As far as we know, we have the only AF in the maritimes..maybe even atlantic canada. We have never seen one before and we are continually asked "what is that " ?

We were up you way this summer (we did 5 provinces) and didn't see any there even though I hear there is dealer selling them in Ontario through a dealership in Alberta...not sure if he stocks or just brings them in on order. According to Northwood, the nearest trailer dealer is Alberta..and I hear there are a lot out west.

You should visit the northwood web...the really nice thing is that all the info is specific to the brand so there is a huge amount of knowledge available for the asking..

BTW, we used to live in Nepean
We actually belong to the Northwood Owners Association
Old 10-19-2015, 10:48 PM   #28

I have an Arctic Fox 35M that I bought new in 2014 in Pueblo Colorado. We love the unit for it's construction and four season capability. That's not to leave out the interior for it is beautiful and very functional. I added a mod to the furnace to add an electric heating element. It only works off of a 50 amp power source but provides all the heat you need for a South Dakota winter. We spent last winter in Rapid City with no problems and used no propane. The mod is called "Cheap Heat" and if you google that you will get the web site. Would highly recommend the Arctic Fox to any one.
ArcticFoxTom is offline   Reply With Quote