Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2018, 02:41 AM   #1

Has Northwood Mfg gone out of business

I can't seem to find the website of Northwood Mfg and Arctic Fox, Nash, Snow River, etc? Hopefully it is because it is 3:30 am and I am not thinking clearly.

I just found out Livin Lite has closed. Sure hope NM is still in business.
Rzrbrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2018, 06:50 AM   #2

Probably just a web glitch combined with the holiday.

Northwood | Build your RV

Still works for me but Google searches are not providing results. Maybe they forgot to renew their domain name.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:14 AM   #3

Livin Lite ended up being part of Thor, and they've decided to stop producing Livin Lite campers.
https://rv-pro.com/news/sources-thor...anded-rvs-2018

The RV industry is a competitive one and it's hard for the smaller company to make a go of it. Just look at how many different rv manufacturers have been sold to larger companies. Jayco, a veteran family owned business is now part of Thor. Years ago, around the 2008 financial meltdown, Sunline (PA) went out of business. Our first TT was a Sunline and it was a fantastic trailer. Before purchasing our Winnebago Minnie travel trailer, we considered a comparable trailer by Evergreen, another company that went under.

So, RV companies come and go and I don't think that will change.
Brake Buddy, 2015 Chevy Malibu
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 10:10 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Northwood | Northwood Manufacturing works fine - I know they have been making changes recently. - So has Outdoor RV.
Old 11-23-2018, 03:10 AM   #5

Thanks. Hopefully Northwood Mfg will remain independent.

I see where Lance TT was bought by the REV Group. Winnebago bought SunnyBrook, which had a very good rep for producing a quality trailer at a mid level price point.
Old 11-24-2018, 01:16 PM   #6

I still get regular updates from Northwood . Tells what is building or coming off the line at the moment. Seems they are alive and well.
Old 11-24-2018, 04:41 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am new to Northwood Forum but I am confident Northwood is not going out of business and is doing just fine. We have an ORV and just ordered a 2019 27-5 Artic Fox.
The news is our 27-5 will have the midyear updates. Light grey main body, white and grey front cap, new tail lights. The interior is being updated also. Good or bad that is what we are getting. New stove and glass backsplash, new color counter tops. There are other changes also. Our interior fabric is a new color. We are excited about it and should take delivery sometime in Jan. We are in the Dec. run.
Joe and Lucy
Old 11-24-2018, 05:08 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolu View Post
I am new to Northwood Forum but I am confident Northwood is not going out of business and is doing just fine. We have an ORV and just ordered a 2019 27-5 Artic Fox.
The news is our 27-5 will have the midyear updates. Light grey main body, white and grey front cap, new tail lights. The interior is being updated also. Good or bad that is what we are getting. New stove and glass backsplash, new color counter tops. There are other changes also. Our interior fabric is a new color. We are excited about it and should take delivery sometime in Jan. We are in the Dec. run.
Joe and Lucy

Not sure if you saw the new colors, the silver fox models should all look like this.

https://www.apachecamping.com/New-In...81504?ref=list
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I did see a few photos the dealer had. Thank you for posting the photos you have. They are more detailed. Gives us a better idea of what we may expect. I like the new color scheme.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #10

This is the new colors for the classic line.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...25Y-5004939405
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 09:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobj616 View Post
I still get regular updates from Northwood . Tells what is building or coming off the line at the moment. Seems they are alive and well.
We've got a 2012 Toyhauler and I have never received any updates or communication from Northwood. Don't know why they would pass up trying to form some brand loyalty with past customers. Been a good product, hope they stay in business.
Oregon RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:32 AM   #12

I may get the updates because I went to the Northwood facebook page and signed up, liked, followed or whatever you do on facebook. I bought my trailer barely used(less than 9 months with the original owner). I don't think I have received anything from Northwood officially but I have contacted them a few times with questions and they have given me answers (sometimes while I'm still on the phone and once by email).
Old 01-22-2019, 02:36 PM   #13

We stopped by the factory last month, and they are chugging along fine.

In fact, we got into a discussion with the Sales Coordinator, and he said that today every unit they build is already sold as they leave the building. So for them, the income stream is very predictable and their financial exposure is exceedingly low. That is a nice position to be in should the economy soften.

He also said that they were pretty much running at capacity and the limit to their growth is labor supply in the La Grande, OR area. They couldn't find more people even if they expanded and built another line. That inability to build more is also why there are so few dealers/units in the Eastern US. The dealers they have already want more units than they get.

At least that's the story. Great tour. Clearly they don't have lawyers or risk management people as they took us through parts of the factory/line that were wildly close to the action.

We were convinced. They are building our new Arctic Fox 25Y next month.
bikedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:30 AM   #14

Many, if not all, RV manufactures are selling everything they can produce They are having a hard time finding reliable help, particularly for the wages they pay; there is a lot of labor turnover, which is a major reason quality is so bad.