Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-07-2022, 04:14 PM   #1

Nash 17K turn signals.

The left turn / flasher / brake light doesn't work on our Nash. I know the problem isn't with the truck since the 7 way port on the truck will operate the left signal on another trailer. I've cleaned the 7 way connector on the Nash hoping for a simple fix, but no. I'm assuming it's the light assembly, but can't see a straightforward way to remove it. Also is there an online source for Nash parts? Thanks for any help.
jrpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-07-2022, 07:14 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Your lights are a little different than mine, but I think both are similar in installation. The outer piece is a snap on bezel. Gently pry out to remove, then mounting screws are accessible. Your appears to have a small bead of sealant on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220807_180509.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	373096  
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 09:21 AM   #3

Tail light wiring

I removed the old tail light & installed a new one, but that didn't solve the problem. Apparently there is an interruption somewhere in the red stop/turn wire inside the trailer. Anyone have any information about the path of the turn signal wires?

We have no generator in the compartment built to hold it. If I remove the rear panel inside that compartment, will that expose tail light wires?
jrpalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 11:54 AM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I think you are going to have to do some more troubleshooting. I know you said your truck 7 pin connector works on another trailer. I have my 5th wheel, a gooseneck stock trailer, and a hydraulic dump utility trailer( all trailers have 7 pin pigtails). On the truck, I've got a 7 pin connector (factory) on the rear bumper, and one in the bed near the rear wheels. The bed connector works with the gooseneck and the dump trailer, but not the 5th wheel. The 5th wheel works great on the bumper 7pin. I've changed connectors on the truck , but the results are the same. I have not changed the pre molded 7 pin pigtail on the 5th wheel. I just plug the 5th wheel into the bumper 7 pin.
You may want to try calling Nash and see if they can help with wiring diagrams. I would also double check the grounds and crimp connections. Good luck, hope it turns out to be something simple.
GPCPL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 02:29 PM   #5

When you changed the light did you check to make sure you where getting power back to the light? Doesn't sound like you did. I would think it unlikely that there's a problem with the wire between the light and where the pigtail attaches to the wire going back to the light. I would check that connection where the pigtail wire hooks to the wire going back to the light and see if you have power there. If you don't have power there then the problem has to be in the trailer's 7 way plug.