Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2020, 08:24 PM   #1

New AF 27-5L

Just joined the AF family. Will be looking for advise periodically. Picked up our new 2020 27-5L 2 weeks ago. Decided on an available 2020 because it has slider windows and we boondock a lot in the Northern Utah mountains. (New 2021's have frameless/tilt out windows and virtually no air flow.) I seem to have a great dealer in Access RV. They gave me a whole day to do my own PDI un-supervised before final agreement to purchase. I gave them a punch list which was completed along with their PDI.
First trip last weekend and very few issues to deal with. A couple of bubbles I missed in the vinyl flooring, a string came loose in a window shade, a refrigerator door adjustment, and I managed a static discharge when adjusting the thermostat that completely fried it. (They've already ordered me a new one). Fortunatley for me I've spent 23 years designing and building Specialty Vehicles for LE and DHS. (Mobile Command, SWAT, Drug Surveillance, etc.) so these repairs are easier for me to take care of than waiting on shop time. In two weeks I will take it to southern Utah for the winter, then make trips further south. Will check in periodically. (BTW, this is trailer #4. My life is fraught with things I didn't get right the first, second or third time.)
BAPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2020, 08:03 AM   #2

Great choice of 5'ers. Had a Fox Mountain for 6 years with almost zero issues before getting an ORV TT. Always like the 27-5L. Perfect size and huge tanks.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:21 AM   #3

Welcome to the AF family. You are going to have a few things you need to fix. Sounds like you are handy and already realize it's way easier to fix them yourself rather than a return to the dealer. Check out the NROA website for specific info and mods. Good choice with the slider windows, the new ones are a dumb move for AF in my opinion. I also think they should add a second window to the bedroom, but have no ides if that's possible with the new window style.
MtCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 10:16 PM   #4

Good choice! We have a 2016 and have been doing upgrades since we bought it. If you run into any questions let me try to see if it is something I have already tried. I have added solar, Battle Born, and an inverter charger. If the floor plan has not changed too much all should still be relevant. One of my favorite upgrades was getting rid of the ceiling fan and putting in a light with a fan. It took a little doing but is so much better. If you are on NROA I am also Fox Will Travel. Let the good times roll and the Fox will howell!
PeterC is offline   Reply With Quote