Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-27-2021, 01:22 PM   #1

New Nash vs ORV vs Keystone

Hi Nash owners. I asked a similar more longwinded version of this on the ORV forum but thought I would ask here as well to get Nash/Northwood owners thoughts.

I currently have a 2019 keystone passport. I am looking at going to a better quality trailer and hooked on the Northwood/ORVs. I am not looking at Arctic Fox due to needing a bunkhouse so Nash 24B or ORV 23DBS.

I keep seeing lots of comments about Nash looking dated and way more basic then the ORVs. Looking at current models online it looks like Nash has made a lot of changes recently (front cap, updated colors/graphics/aluminum framing/etc..) that makes me think maybe they have closed that gap some. Am I correct in that thinking?

Any thoughts from owners that have gone from a keystone, jayco, forest river, etc.. to a Nash/Northwood? Any that closely looked at ORV and Nash/Northwood and have thoughts on why they chose what they did?

thanks in advance.

Brett
polarbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2021, 10:39 AM   #2

Hey Brett,

If your still interested we had a Forest River (shockwave toyhauler) and then Crossroads RV (sunset trails) and I can tell you our new 2021 Nash 24M is built exceptionally better than the other 2 trailers we've owned. We looked extensively at ORV and Northwoods both used and new before we purchased this time. Price point, build quality and four season capability were the highest considerations along with length and ease of use. ORV had the most user friendly options like electric stabilizers, x-large refrigerator, well thought out solar system and a private bedroom/bathroom in most models but was the most expensive at the time we were buying. Northwoods Artic Fox was well built too but for most travel trailer models the shower was not private so if we had guests it would be awkward. It also had nicer interior features but most had a heavy tongue/tow weight. So then we looked at the Nash line and of all the floor plans the 24M had a considerable amount of key features we were looking for: well built, slide-out well positioned in common area to allow multiple people visiting together on the couch and dinette, private bath, plenty of storage and awning covered both entry doors. Its 27' to the tongue which gives us the ability to stay at any campgrounds and with weights of 800 lbs tongue (the way I have it setup) and 10k GVW its a real easy tow. We've been completely happy so far but of course I've already done upgrades.
dmc91709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 03:58 PM   #3

I have had two Arctic Foxes and one ORV. The ORV was traded off in just a little less than a year.

Both AF seemed to be better built than the ORV. I have no experience with Nash. When we bought our first AF (a 2011 26X) it seemed that the Nash line was a stripped-down Arctic Fox, but that may not be the case now.
JHinman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 05:07 PM   #4

Since you mentioned Keystone. Most Keystone Cougar/Montana models are warranted for full time living. The other two manufacturers are not.
AZRanchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRanchers View Post
Since you mentioned Keystone. Most Keystone Cougar/Montana models are warranted for full time living. The other two manufacturers are not.
Not sure either are.
Per the warranty section.

ONE-YEAR (TWO-YEAR FOR THE
REDWOOD BRAND) LIMITED BASE
WARRANTY:
The Keystone Limited Base Warranty covers this RV for
a period of one-year (two-year for the Redwood brand)
from the date of purchase by the first retail owner. This
Limited Base Warranty covers defects in materials and
workmanship supplied by and attributable to Keystone’s
manufacturing and assembly of the RV when the RV
is used solely for its intended purpose of recreational
camping. This Limited Base Warranty does not cover the
items excluded under the section “What is Not Covered”

"Recreational Camping"

https://keystone-rv-dealer-app.cdn.p...de+7-16-21.pdf
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 05:05 PM   #6

The Keystone Montana has a full-time warranty.

https://keystone-rv-dealer-app.cdn.p...e_0921_WEB.pdf

Same for the Cougar line.
AZRanchers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone