Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #1

New To Us 2007 AF 25R -Need Help!

After much searching and finding next to nothing...I have brought my questions to you all! We are past owners of a Jayco Jayflight 31BHDS. Unfortunately, it was stolen last fall and never seen again. As we are now empty nesters, we decided to go a bit shorter, and having heard great things about Arctic Fox trailers, decided on this brand.
We found one (very few on the market these days), bought it and have been finding things are not as 'great' as we had hoped. Our Jayco never gave us a problem in any area. We were spoiled, I think. After having some random exploring, we discovered the skirt around the bottom of the trailer is rotten. I have been trying to ascertain if anyone else has had this issue, but many of the AF seem to have an aluminium skirt, with no backing. This was the case in our Jayco as well. But, this trailer has the filon siding all the way down and on the skirt. Behind the skirt is a piece of plywood that was covered with the same material that covers the underside of the trailer. Tarp like. Because it was covered and looked fine from the outside, we had no clue it was actually wet and rotting behind it. This trailer has spent it's life on the wet west coast, which could be the reason for the wet wood rot. There is no delamination and the roof was resealed last year. No signs of leakage inside. We can' figure out why it was so wet, other than it having been in a wet climate and never getting to dry out as it was covered with plastic. We have now brought the trailer home to our much dryer climate and will be removing the rot and fixing it.
My question is about the build of this model and year. Is it aluminium framed? Is this a fluke or have others experienced this problem. I have been unalbe to locate anything on it. Sadly, all of the original manuals and trailer information were not with the trailer. And it seems almost impossible to find reprints. Northwood has been almost useless as all I get from my emails is that they can suggest a repair place. It's like they aren't even reading my email! I ask for build information for the year and model!
Anyways, long winded as this is, I'd appreciate any help, advice or to hear from other 2007 25R owners. Thank you in advance!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-09-2021, 11:32 AM   #2

If you havent, join the NROA site. I believe they have a lot of documentation on the site you can download. I make no promises for documents pertaining to your year/model.

Yes, It should have aluminum wrapped wood studs. I am in the dry southwest so my trailer hasnt experienced any of the wet issues you are.
Old 06-09-2021, 12:24 PM   #3

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavenger View Post

Yes, It should have aluminum wrapped wood studs. I am in the dry southwest so my trailer hasnt experienced any of the wet issues you are.
Thanks! It seems this was the time period Arctic Fox was transitioning from wood to aluminium wrapped wood, and so far I haven't been able to find anything on this models build.

Tags
2007, need help