Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-02-2019, 10:16 AM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Not much action in this Owners forum for Northwood

It appears the Northwood Group must post somewhere else because this site gets very little action. What is the best forum for Northwood Products?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2019, 02:32 PM   #2

I have an Arctic Fox 22G and participate in both sites. I use the irv2 site for not Arctic Fox specific stuff like the 'Going Green' forum to discuss solar and batteries. The irv2 site has much higher total traffic. Once you get away from specific questions regarding a trailer model a larger audience is more likely to provide useful advice.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:18 PM   #3

There is always the pay to use northwood site. I'm not one to pay so I can't really tell you whats inside. They keep it pretty well locked down, even just to read.

[Mod Edit]
Old 01-04-2019, 09:40 AM   #4

The NROA site is very slow as well. You will get a quick response most of the time after posting a question.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 11:04 AM   #5

The facebook groups are the best. I would have no problem with paying for the Northwood owners site but it is dead with very few new posts. I also feel the Northwood products are owned by an older age group who are not as into internet forums as younger people are.
These are all just my opinions so no facts here.
jnslprd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 08:54 AM   #6

Northwood is not a very big operation compared to a lot of the other trailer builders out there. Also there are not many dealers east of the Rocky Mountains and the price is higher than a lot of products. I also like to think that we have less problems with our trailers so we post a lot less. If someone has a question it usually gets a response pretty quick.
Old 10-15-2019, 08:33 PM   #7

I would take it as a good sign. If there’s not allot of complaining I’m going to assume people are just enjoying! I haven’t got my 295T yet...I’ve also noticed that you don’t see allot of AF preowned for sale either. Current year or last couple of years (dealers overstock). Promise when I get mine I’ll post about it
Old 10-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Most of the time people come on irv2 with problems they need to solve.

Northwood has an excellent product and very few problems, hence no need for help.

Pay attention to the groups that are on here with problems and you'll see what I mean.
Arch Hoagland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 06:48 AM   #9

Old 10-16-2019, 09:51 AM   #10

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Chip View Post
It appears the Northwood Group must post somewhere else because this site gets very little action. What is the best forum for Northwood Products?
After posting this last January, I signed up for the Northwood Owners Forum which was very helpful in my 32-5 m purchase.
Old 01-05-2020, 09:05 PM   #11

Northwood Owners

Hello- We are owners of a Northwood Manufacturing 22H. They are very well built travel trailers so I have to agree that there may be fewer postings. Before we purchased our trailer we visited many RV dealerships and looked at many brands that were only two to three years old, not wanting to purchase a new RV until we retire in ten years. We were shocked at the amount of de-lamination of of all brands of RV walls due to lack of owner maintenance in the form of annual caulking. We experienced interior walls and ceilings separated from exterior ones in every trailer we looked at and let me tell you we looked at dozens and were well informed on how to properly assess a travel trailer's condition. Leaking due to lack of caulking maintenance seems to be a common problem. It is a lot of work to inspect and re-caulk a trailer as needed every six months or so.

Our trailer is made of real plywood so it stands a chance of surviving a leak that is quickly discovered and treated without experiencing the swelling of 'wood particles' as is found when particle board gets wet.

We are extremely pleased with out trailer and find it to be a very well thought out, comfortable unit. We researched travel trailers for two years before deciding on our Northwood product. It was going to be a Bigfoot travel trailer or a Northwoods and we went with the Northwoods 22 H due to getting a permanent bed a tall man could sleep in without losing the dinette and getting a separate couch to boot. We feel we could travel the country in comfort with our trailer. We have no slide but would have considered one if we had pets just to have the floor space to accommodate them.
Campsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 07:05 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1361 View Post
There is always the pay to use northwood site. I'm not one to pay so I can't really tell you whats inside. They keep it pretty well locked down, even just to read.

The pay to play has turned off a lot of people, especially they way the admin calls is a "SITE FEE" in order to use that forum

I have NEVER seen a forum run that way.

[moderator edit]
Bill111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:35 AM   #13

(The facebook groups are the best. I would have no problem with paying for the Northwood owners site but it is dead with very few new posts. I also feel the Northwood products are owned by an older age group who are not as into internet forums as younger people are.
These are all just my opinions so no facts here.)

Well well a young person who thinks us older folks can't operate a computer. Well son/girl who ever you are some of us older folks like to enjoy the great out doors instead of spending a lot (and I mean A LOT) of time on the electronics.

All and all most of us know how to surf the web and use computers.
MOTOMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2020, 07:46 AM   #14

PS jnslprd
I also want to mention that us older folks have had experience with the other guys not so nice build. We had a Montana in 2004 and had so many problems with it, we needed to dump it and pay a price for it.
So all and all us older folks have reason to go with the better built units.
MOTOMA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forum