Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Northwood Manufacturing Owners Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2021, 04:15 PM   #1

Thinking of 21SW instead of 21TRX

I have had my heart set on an Outdoors RV 21 or 22TRX for about a year now. I retire June 1 and figured I'd get one Spring of this year. Then COVID hit and

I've been looking since Sept, but prices have skyrocket and availability has dropped. I finally called Thompson RV about ordering one and they told me the next build for them isn't until March/April 2022 :-(

I've found a used 2020 Northwood 21SW for sell by private person in my general area. It appears to be pretty much the same floorplan and alot of same amenities as the 21TRX. It's about a foot shorter, which appeals to me, and the major difference seems to be it has a fabric/screen closure for the rear opening rather than the wood/glass one on the Outdoors RV.

I go look at it tomorrow. This is my first RV and buying from a private seller has me a little more leery, especially as to why they would be selling a 2020 so soon if there are no problems with it (which they claim).

Are there any issues unique to the Northwoods that I should be looking for? Any issues common to RVs and Toy Haulers in general I should be aware of.

I asked them to turn the fridge on today so I can see it actually gets cold when I arrive tomorrow, I've heard it can take 8 hours or so for RV type fridges to get cold. And in youtube RV videos I've been watching it seems quite a few people have had problems with the circuit boards going out on the Dometic an NorCold fridges.

Thanks for any info on other things I should be checking for.

I guess I'll start lurking on this Forum instead of the Outdoors RV one now :-)
MacTarnahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2021, 07:47 AM   #2

I'm not too familiar with the toy haulers, but other than decor, I think you will find both units very similar as far as construction goes. ORV will have a bit more flashy finishes and such than the DF will. The frames are build in the same plant by the same guys so that isn't an issue. Construction techniques are the same. The only difference you'll see is the difference between the workers in the two plants and that varies day by day.

As far as why it's for sale, ask them. Maybe it's just too small/big/hard to tow. I wouldn't go into too much angst over an inspection. Just check to see if the basics all work. You're not buying a new unit so don't expect it to be new! A new one will be over 50K MSRP and maybe 5-6000 off that in this market. If the used unit is in the 30-35 range I'd be a player. BTW, you may be able to go to a local dealer and have them run the VIN against any factory warranty work. Don't know if RV dealers can do that but car dealers can.
MtCamper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 12:08 PM   #3

Yes, they’re asking 43k, I was going to try and get it down to 36 - 38. In photo it look pretty much unused.
Thanks for the advice, I didn’t want to offend them by offering too little, it also thought 43,000 was bit high for used. I see a couple new in area advert for 45k but they’re still on order and dealer doesn’t know when they’re coming in.
Old 01-16-2021, 10:16 AM   #4

Not sure if these are for sale but they say they have 2 left.
https://www.lazydays.com/rvs/lovelan...t-fox-21023142
20% off gets you in at $44K
Could maybe dicker it down more.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 01:16 PM   #5

Yes, they are sold.
Thank for looking though
Old 01-16-2021, 07:36 PM   #6

Try Dennis Dillon RV in Boise
MtCamper is online now   Reply With Quote