Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Revcon Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-05-2018, 11:26 AM   #29

Hey fellas, I just picked up the 19.5s from Juan a couple days back and up now in Spokane finishing up on making room for them in the front wheel wells at a body shop. Note this combo does fit in the back wheel wells without mods.
On the front, the shop is cutting the fiberglass and aluminum back at least 2-3 inches (front and back of the tires) and refastening with new rivets. I hope to be done and on the road again today but will post some photos here soon with the tires and wheels in the expanded wheel wells. I'm running Toyo M920 225 70R19.5 all the way around but note these are about two inches taller that the previous tires so give the coach a little lift. Also a spare won't fit in the back compartment, so keeping my old one. More soon!
WanderWithMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2018, 08:50 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWithMe View Post
Hey fellas, I just picked up the 19.5s from Juan a couple days back and up now in Spokane finishing up on making room for them in the front wheel wells at a body shop. Note this combo does fit in the back wheel wells without mods.
On the front, the shop is cutting the fiberglass and aluminum back at least 2-3 inches (front and back of the tires) and refastening with new rivets. I hope to be done and on the road again today but will post some photos here soon with the tires and wheels in the expanded wheel wells. I'm running Toyo M920 225 70R19.5 all the way around but note these are about two inches taller that the previous tires so give the coach a little lift. Also a spare won't fit in the back compartment, so keeping my old one. More soon!
We were able to make room for these wheels/tires and made it up to Canada last night on them and now loving how much better the ride is. It also adds a good two inches of height to the bus, where before the clearance always felt a little low, especially up front. The one caveat, Les Schwab Tires put a couple wheels on the spinning machine we found they could be more 'true' - they wobbled a little outside the norm. You might double check that with Juan or Shaun over at American Wheel, but overall I'm really happy with the ride so far.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:34 AM   #31

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderWithMe View Post
We were able to make room for these wheels/tires and made it up to Canada last night on them and now loving how much better the ride is. It also adds a good two inches of height to the bus, where before the clearance always felt a little low, especially up front. The one caveat, Les Schwab Tires put a couple wheels on the spinning machine we found they could be more 'true' - they wobbled a little outside the norm. You might double check that with Juan or Shaun over at American Wheel, but overall I'm really happy with the ride so far.
GREAT to hear that the wheels are working out. Juan called me to check in while he was making them for you (I assume it was your job).

Odd that you had to clearance the front wheel wells. Mine fit fine...but I've yet to take it anywhere that has stressed the suspension (because it's not done - hoping for this summer!). We'll see!

Very encouraged that the ride is measurably better.

Happy Trails!
BJohnsonsv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:29 PM   #32

Hey Brad, good to hear from you! I need to check in again in your photo gallery of the overhaul you've accomplished, its astonishing!

I'll email you some photos soon as I haven't been able to post them to this forum. On the fit. maybe there are some slight build differences between the years, not sure...mine is a 77...could be the engine size causing displacement, but at least there was plenty of room on top of the tires and the back tires fit perfectly, without mods.

Here's to summer time coming!
Old 05-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJohnsonsv View Post
GREAT to hear that the wheels are working out. Juan called me to check in while he was making them for you (I assume it was your job).

Odd that you had to clearance the front wheel wells. Mine fit fine...but I've yet to take it anywhere that has stressed the suspension (because it's not done - hoping for this summer!). We'll see!

Very encouraged that the ride is measurably better.

Happy Trails!
Hi Brad, Can you direct me to where I can find the wheel well for the rear? When my tire blew out it took a huge chunk out of mine and almost tore out my water heater. Thank you
Rchoudini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #34

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rchoudini View Post
Hi Brad, Can you direct me to where I can find the wheel well for the rear? When my tire blew out it took a huge chunk out of mine and almost tore out my water heater. Thank you
@Rchoudini - sorry, I wouldn't know where to find a replacement. RevCons are rare. But, what I would do is find a body or truck repair shop that could fabricate me a new one out of aluminum or even mild steel. To be honest, in hindsight, I should have done this as thinking about a blowout and the plastic wheel tubs is a bit of a worry.
Old 07-02-2018, 04:43 PM   #35

Where do you find Sewer dump connectors?

Hey guys, My Revcon 250 D/T has a sewer connection that seems to be slightly larger than the standard size for current RV's. Anyone know what size I need and where I might find them. Kinda getting tired of making a mess when I dump my tanls, lol
Old 07-03-2018, 12:17 PM   #36

Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rchoudini View Post
Hey guys, My Revcon 250 D/T has a sewer connection that seems to be slightly larger than the standard size for current RV's. Anyone know what size I need and where I might find them. Kinda getting tired of making a mess when I dump my tanls, lol
Seems odd that it's larger. I wonder when RV's went w/ standard sizes. You might want to just replace the whole drain and valve setup with newer fittings. They're pretty low cost. Every RV site and even Amazon has what you need. I like eTrailer.com, BTW.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:18 PM   #37

Vintage RV Owners Club
I have a drain hose for that fitting if y want it
Snufy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:48 AM   #38

Yes, I would very much like to have it. How would you like to handle that?
Thank you
Old 07-07-2018, 02:32 PM   #39

Vintage RV Owners Club
PM me with phone number and I will call you
I am on road right now coming back from TX
Old 07-07-2018, 10:44 PM   #40

Vintage RV Owners Club
I will be in Florence Or from the 14th to the 19th
Old 09-10-2022, 04:16 PM   #41

Revcon owner here, 1971 # 0004. Worked at Revcon from about the very start (early 1971), done a lot of work on our coach systems, happy to try to help any Revcon owners!
Still the best all around RV ever.

Thom
#71-0004
Revcon 250
doc50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 06:25 AM   #42

Thank you. Do you have an email that we can contact you at?

robert@klairmontkollections.com
ChiRevcon75 is offline   Reply With Quote