Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-13-2020, 04:26 PM   #127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
People in Banff, were from TX. RCMP were called on those individuals, as of this AM , I haven't seen a follow up .

Look for the border restrictions to be tightened and extended , as the second wave, of infections, gets going in the USA.
Just read on the CTV News site about the people from Texas, dining and sight seeing in Banff.
If indeed they have taken advantage of their entry into Canada I would suspect the RCMP and CBS will be tracking them down and they could face a quarantine or deportation. Even if they were allowed to continue on to Alaska, when it comes time to head home and re-enter Canada from Alaska they could be refused entry.
That's when reality would set in.
Entry into any foreign country is a privilege and not a right.
Could be a tough lesson for those who consider themselves entitled.
Jim.B1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-16-2020, 12:19 AM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.B1 View Post
Just read on the CTV News site about the people from Texas, dining and sight seeing in Banff.
If indeed they have taken advantage of their entry into Canada I would suspect the RCMP and CBS will be tracking them down and they could face a quarantine or deportation. Even if they were allowed to continue on to Alaska, when it comes time to head home and re-enter Canada from Alaska they could be refused entry.
That's when reality would set in.
Entry into any foreign country is a privilege and not a right.
Could be a tough lesson for those who consider themselves entitled.

YUP!!!!!
NorthernDriv is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 09:42 AM   #129

Announcement this morning, June 16; cross border travel restrictions extended to July 21st.
Old 06-16-2020, 11:58 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
Sign up for the email subscription from the Alaska Tourism bureau. The from address will be: myalaska@travelalaska.com if you wish to receive this informative correspondence.

GPS, POI-factory.com has a listing of free overnighting spots along the Alaska Highway; basically wide gravel turn-outs left over from when the highway was constructed.

Thanks!!
Jimcamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #131

I just watched an interview with local police in Banff, Alberta and apparently, there were two groups of American travellers that used the excuse of transiting through Canada on their way to Alaska.
The 4 Texans in Banff conceded they were really not going to Alaska at all, but rather just on vacation in Banff.
Police did not state the outcome of their investigation.
The other group of American travellers are in British Columbia and police caught up with them in a local campground. The travellers were detained and now in quarantine at the campground for 14 days. They were moved from their existing site to a remote site away from all other campers and will be monitored before being allowed to leave.
The arrogance of these people to enter into a foreign country and feel they are chosen ones, entitled to do what they want despite the laws of the country and safety warnings.
Publish their names, address and photo of them, their RV and license plate.
Get out now, and be placed on a "Refused Entry" list for minimum of 5 years.
Old 06-18-2020, 07:11 PM   #132

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I'll just leave this right here:
Click image for larger version

Name:	C-19 in NA.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	290132
Grump010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 12:42 AM   #133

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim.B1 View Post
I just watched an interview with local police in Banff, Alberta and apparently, there were two groups of American travellers that used the excuse of transiting through Canada on their way to Alaska.
The 4 Texans in Banff conceded they were really not going to Alaska at all, but rather just on vacation in Banff.
Police did not state the outcome of their investigation.
The other group of American travellers are in British Columbia and police caught up with them in a local campground. The travellers were detained and now in quarantine at the campground for 14 days. They were moved from their existing site to a remote site away from all other campers and will be monitored before being allowed to leave.
The arrogance of these people to enter into a foreign country and feel they are chosen ones, entitled to do what they want despite the laws of the country and safety warnings.
Publish their names, address and photo of them, their RV and license plate.
Get out now, and be placed on a "Refused Entry" list for minimum of 5 years.

As one who considers himself to be a responsible RVer, I completely concur with Jim B's suggested ramifications for those totally irresponsible campers. To stay silent is tacit approval for their despicable behavior. We need to show Canada we American RVers DO NOT tolerate or approve of their actions.
akeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 08:15 AM   #134

https://virusncov.com

This website is updated daily and provides data by country and by x/1Mpop and puts the numbers in a bit of context. USA data is further broken down by state. Data source is stated on the first page.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:15 PM   #135

The Canada border crossing has been extended to July 21 for leisure activities.

https://www.ezbordercrossing.com/cor...travel-issues/
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 06:30 PM   #136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Jay View Post
Looks like it means:
Direct route only, max 7 days
No RV Parks, boondock only alongside the road
Pay At Pump fuel only (I know this does not work in many areas from previous trips, sometimes due to Only Canada issued cards at pump)
Food and water for the whole trip

Our usual trip is minimum 5 days in Canada, with most days around 500 miles. There is an unattended waste water and fresh water station on the north end of Ft Nelson by the Visitor Center, two lanes, no waiting.

Sounds like the trip of a lifetime! I wonder why more people would not jump at this chance to go to AK in 2020?

Who knows what fun restrictions will be in place for the return trip?
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 09:56 PM   #137

Update on the American tourists who lied at the border using the excuse of going to Alaska when actually sight seeing in Banff.

Reported on CTV News June 21, 2020:

The RCMP have now tracked down and charged 7 American tourists for not adhering to travel guidelines when traveling through Canada on the way to Alaska.
1) They "have" been fined $1,200.00 each for violating provincial health rules.
2) They are now in position to be charged with providing false information to a border
services agent that means denied entry to Canada or a ban for life.
3) Anyone caught breaking the current border restriction would be considered to be
violation of the "Quarantine Act" and that fine is $750,000.00 or 6 months in jail.

The Canadian government is taking a firm stance on tourists who intentionally abuse the system during this pandemic.
Aside from the obvious issues, their actions put a bad image on all RV travellers.
My sense is these people may not currently be enjoying the totally relaxing vacation they had planned!
Old 06-21-2020, 11:44 PM   #138

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
just finished reading all of this (I’m between good books) and I’m planning a trip next season. This one seemed too iffy before I read this thread, and and now it’s definite. Plenty of other stuff to do, and see this year. But I’ll definitely stay tuned in to this thread.
R.Wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:40 AM   #139

Every sovereign country has the right and responsibility to secure their borders and protect their citizens. A lifetime ban seems appropriate.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #140

In today's news ( June 22 ) seven Americans have been fined CD $ 1,200 for their part in ignoring Canadian travel restrictions on tourism vs direct travel to Alaska.
No word on their possible expulsion and ban from any future border crossings.

Tags
alaska, travel