RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-28-2020, 12:08 PM   #1

Good places to camp in Canada with a 43’ diesel pusher

I just recently traded in my 40’ for a 43’ coach. I want to plan trip from Ontario Canada to the east coast. (PEI,NS and maybe NFLD). Looking for some suggestions on where to camp for a few days at a time. My concerns are finding places to accommodate a Large 43’ diesel pusher with 50 amp services. Also maybe even some suggestions on things to do, site seeing, great places to eat etc.ect. Can anyone shed some light. I would like to start booking sites and so on for next July. Obviously Covid 19 can change everything but I’m hoping things clear up by then ?? I know it’s early but I struggled a little this year already getting good sites with 50 amp services. Just want to get working on a itinerary !
mgh200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #2

Finding 50 amp sites in PEI,NS and NFLD, can be tough. We boondocked the entire trip in NS and NFLD. In PEI we used Harvest Host but never had a need for 50a. If you have a res fridge you may need to depend on your gen or 30amp Solar is difficult with the "Gray Foggy Days" in NFLD.

Welcome to the group!!
Old 10-29-2020, 07:43 AM   #3

Two years ago we stayed here; https://jellystoneniagara.ca/en
If you ask for the center sites/section you will be ok
be-happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2020, 08:23 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Why do you need 50A? WalMart sells a $15 ($20 Canadian) 50A to 30A adapter.
Old 10-29-2020, 10:58 AM   #5

Don’t need 50 amp and I have all the adapters but would prefer it. It will be July when we go and likely very hot. May need to run all 3 air conditioners and would rather not run gen set.
mgh200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:37 PM   #6

50amp will be a tough find wherever you go. 30a will be the norm. You may even need to get by with 20a. Our 5er is also 50a but we know how to get by on 20a. It is called very frugal power management. If it is hot ALL 120VAC breakers are turned off EXCEPT the A/C. With 30a it is pretty much business as usual except maybe water heater on propane & possibly fridge too.

Subject to Covid 19, next year we are planning a return to The Maritimes & Newfoundland. Looking at 6 weeks plus for Newfoundland. Plenty of really nice provincial parks however amenities such as power are light. It is not like US resort areas.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:55 PM   #7

We live next to the jellystone rv park in Kingston Nova Scotia.

They should be able to accommodate you.
Xmcdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #8

As others have posted, 30 amps is the norm in Canada. I know in the Western Provinces, every site we've stayed at had 30 amps max.
TheLex is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, ada, canada, diesel