Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > CAMPING, TRAVEL and TRIP PLANNING > Alaska, Canada, Mexico and Beyond
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-09-2021, 08:19 AM   #1

Traveling to Mexico?

Hello All

Anyone traveling to Southern Mexico this fall? We will be going across Columbia or Eagles Pass late September looking for other RVer's to caravan.
DRvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2021, 04:17 PM   #2

Good luck on that

2014 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
1doodadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 08:34 PM   #3

Stay safe. Let us know how it goes.
Tonkexpress1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:33 PM   #4

Don’t want to scare you or anything but my neighbor and 3 buddies went down there with a Dually Ford and a trailer with four Harleys and had to walk back. No kidding. The federales decided they liked his stuff and kept it when he tried to come back across Eagle Pass.
Rob_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 10:48 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRvt View Post
Hello All

Anyone traveling to Southern Mexico this fall? We will be going across Columbia or Eagles Pass late September looking for other RVer's to caravan.
Last place I would be wanting to travel too.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

Country Summary: Violent crime – such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery – is widespread and common in Mexico. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico, as travel by U.S. government employees to certain areas is prohibited or restricted. In many states, local emergency services are limited outside the state capital or major cities.

Restrictions on U.S. government travel: U.S. government employees may not travel between cities after dark, may not hail taxis on the street, and must rely on dispatched vehicles, including app-based services like Uber, and regulated taxi stands. U.S. government employees may not drive from the U.S.-Mexico border to or from the interior parts of Mexico, with the exception of daytime travel within Baja California, between Nogales and Hermosillo on Mexican Federal Highway 15D, and between Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey on Highway 85D. U.S. government employees should avoid traveling alone, especially in remote areas.
Mike-NM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:27 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-NM View Post
Last place I would be wanting to travel too.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

Country Summary: Violent crime – such as homicide, kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery – is widespread and common in Mexico. The U.S. government has limited ability to provide emergency services to U.S. citizens in many areas of Mexico, as travel by U.S. government employees to certain areas is prohibited or restricted. In many states, local emergency services are limited outside the state capital or major cities.

Restrictions on U.S. government travel: U.S. government employees may not travel between cities after dark, may not hail taxis on the street, and must rely on dispatched vehicles, including app-based services like Uber, and regulated taxi stands. U.S. government employees may not drive from the U.S.-Mexico border to or from the interior parts of Mexico, with the exception of daytime travel within Baja California, between Nogales and Hermosillo on Mexican Federal Highway 15D, and between Nuevo Laredo and Monterrey on Highway 85D. U.S. government employees should avoid traveling alone, especially in remote areas.
I find these state department warnings to be overhyped. You can usually travel anywhere and your chances of getting involved in a bad incident are minimal.
move on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 07:18 AM   #7

Depends where in Mexico you are going. We go alone into Rocky Point every year including last year. Never a hint of a problem
FLYING BUTCH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 09:36 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Good luck and stay safe. I prefer to stay on this side of the border.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 05:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_M View Post
Don’t want to scare you or anything but my neighbor and 3 buddies went down there with a Dually Ford and a trailer with four Harleys and had to walk back. No kidding. The federales decided they liked his stuff and kept it when he tried to come back across Eagle Pass.
Yeah bunch of Harley dudes can't imagine they were doing anything wrong
Old 08-11-2021, 05:08 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
Good luck and stay safe. I prefer to stay on this side of the border.

Ken
I'm visiting in-laws and Houston and San Antonio I'll just make sure I stay on the correct side of the city
Old 08-11-2021, 05:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1doodadd View Post
Good luck on that
Thank you
Old 08-11-2021, 05:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkexpress1 View Post
Stay safe. Let us know how it goes.
Been to the Yucatan many times have a house there people are beautiful and have good hearts
Old 08-11-2021, 05:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
I find these state department warnings to be overhyped. You can usually travel anywhere and your chances of getting involved in a bad incident are minimal.
I agree just travel on the toll roads during the day
Old 08-11-2021, 05:30 AM   #14

So no one wants to travel with me? I guess this forum is just for folks living in assisted living facilities called RV parks

Tags
travel