Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2020, 06:28 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
Thanks. Yesterday he was feeling really good, but today he said it felt like two steps backward. He is going to try to get a doctor to see him tomorrow. He really should get a chest x-ray to see if something is going on that is inhibiting his breathing. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow…

A chest X-ray is a good idea to check for pneumonia. If he doesn’t have an oximeter to track his blood oxygen levels, he should try and get one (they are getting scarce).
In my case talking and laughing seems to set me back. A half hour phone conversation I had about a week and a half ago landed me in the ER. Here’s an article you may want to share with your son. It’s the only thing I’ve read that comes close to describing what’s going on with my lungs.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/20/o...pneumonia.html
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2020, 07:26 AM   #16

I hope everybody gets better soon and on a side note I also hope everybody else on this forum reads this thread.
Old 04-23-2020, 08:40 PM   #17

My younger sister, she has been fighting cancer for almost a year.
She is 68 years old and maybe from visits to get treatments
she tested positive for corona last week.
She was released yesterday and is at home in Penn. with hospice
nurses daily.

And I can't go see her.
Old 05-23-2020, 06:10 PM   #18

Thanks much.
Goid news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
My son recovered, just a lot of chest pain from coughing.

No on else in the family caught it and are all doing well.

My granddaughter celebrated her 13th birthday looking out the window as friends and family drove by and waved.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:43 AM   #19

Well, I am very fortunate to not personally know of anyone with the virus. Sorry to hear about those who do. Missouri did not get hit hard. The churches and businesses including restaurants have/or are opening up under new guidelines. We continue pray for those who suffer and that a cure is found soon.
Old 05-24-2020, 10:56 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
25 year old Granddaughter in WA, she has recovered.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:53 PM   #21

My 22 year old son has finally been cleared to go back to work after 9 weeks. He's still not 100% recovered.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:01 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donskiman View Post
My 22 year old son has finally been cleared to go back to work after 9 weeks. He's still not 100% recovered.

I’m glad to hear he’s still improving. You don’t hear too much in the news about how long this can hang on, and how slow the recovery is in some people.

One epidemiologist was on the morning news a few days ago. He was talking about how Covid-19 was a small capillary disease. Autopsies on C-19 victims have found damage to the small blood vessels in the lungs. On a positive note, they also found evidence of new capillary growth. The damage to the blood vessels would account for why some have strokes, and why diabetics are more at risk. He called diabetes a small capillary disease as well.
Old 05-24-2020, 03:49 PM   #23

Found out my Daughter in laws 93 YO grandfather had a mild case of Corona virus. No hospital stay and doing fine.
Old 05-24-2020, 05:03 PM   #24

Lost my sister in-law on April 19th. She was recovering at home from bladder surgery and likely caught Covid from my brother. She went to the hospital with a 102 fever and was dead 3 days later. My brother had a mild case and didn’t need hospitalization.

Outside of family. I lost a boating buddy up in Maryland in early April. I read on Facebook this morning, our former neighbors up in NY lost their 31 year old son just a few days ago.
Old 05-25-2020, 01:34 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGrizz View Post
My younger sister, she has been fighting cancer for almost a year.
She is 68 years old and maybe from visits to get treatments
she tested positive for corona last week.
She was released yesterday and is at home in Penn. with hospice
nurses daily.

And I can't go see her.
Update.

She passed away one week after that post.
Her treatments were not going well and they had decided to send her home under hospice care. "to make her comfortable". I think we all know what that means. We, the family, know she died of cancer but it was recorded as a Corona death. Not that it matters to us, her ashes will be scattered in the Gulf as she wished.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:22 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGrizz View Post
Update.

She passed away one week after that post.
Her treatments were not going well and they had decided to send her home under hospice care. "to make her comfortable". I think we all know what that means. We, the family, know she died of cancer but it was recorded as a Corona death. Not that it matters to us, her ashes will be scattered in the Gulf as she wished.
Very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
Old 05-27-2020, 08:36 PM   #27

A niece(48) is a working LPN, supervising Alzheimer's patients treatment in several different facilities. She was diagnosed with COVID19 last month, spent 2 weeks in hospital, one day was considered for a ventilator, 4 days later she was released. Doctor's were amazed at her recovery.
FWIW, she's a smoker.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Closed Thread