RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-09-2021, 06:47 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Anyone have Covid or had Covid?

I am on the forum a bit and haven't seen this thread. I manage a small team in a facility in KY and one of my 5 team members was diagnosed with Covid 3 days ago. We all follow the CDC guidelines while at work so not sure how he caught it.

I have had a headache randomly the last couple of days and today I have a slight fever, sore throat, and feel "sick". I am praying I don't get it and it's just a regular winter time cold.

Anyone who has had it, how bad did it get you and how long were you down and out. We full time and are supposed to leave our current location on Monday to start our 3 month "down south" tour. Would hate to start it with the darn virus.
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2021, 06:59 PM   #2

From online info , every individual can have different symptoms to different degrees, some have no symptoms , hence the rapid transmission of the virus .
If you're felling unwell stay put.
Old 01-09-2021, 07:01 PM   #3

iRV2 has a dedicated "covid" forum but you have to know where it is. Here's a link

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f296/

You need to get tested. Presume you are infected. How's the DW or other traveling companions feel?
Old 01-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
I am holding up in the coach. Tried to get the wife to leave the day I found out my employee was diagnosed but she wouldn't leave. Planning to get tested Tuesday per CDC guidelines. Praying it passes me. Will definitely follow every single guideline. If I am infected, I don't want to pass it on to a single person. Wish I could have gotten through to my wife. She is stubborn and said she want's to be here to take care of me just in case. I can see the both of us laying in bed hoping the two puppies take care of us. LOL
brandss is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2021, 08:27 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry you’re ill. My extended family visited Disney World a year ago, just before Thanksgiving. No one knew anything about the virus then. Many of us got sick with symptoms common to Covid. All got well.

You should research helpful supplements. I took 1000mg vitamin C every 5 minutes for many hours. That really helped, but also zinc, vitamin E, and B1.
https://youtu.be/TcI3-yxt5ew
pduggs is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 12:29 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandss View Post
I am on the forum a bit and haven't seen this thread. I manage a small team in a facility in KY and one of my 5 team members was diagnosed with Covid 3 days ago. We all follow the CDC guidelines while at work so not sure how he caught it.

I have had a headache randomly the last couple of days and today I have a slight fever, sore throat, and feel "sick". I am praying I don't get it and it's just a regular winter time cold.

Anyone who has had it, how bad did it get you and how long were you down and out. We full time and are supposed to leave our current location on Monday to start our 3 month "down south" tour. Would hate to start it with the darn virus.
Does that member of your team get to leave the building, go home, shop, visit with family, etc,,,? If so, then it can be caught, even with face mask and social distancing.

Practicing safe guidelines, masking up, keeping your distance, washing hands, definitely reduces the odds of contracting the virus but it's not always 100% effective.
Old 01-10-2021, 12:55 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudfrog View Post
Does that member of your team get to leave the building, go home, shop, visit with family, etc,,,? If so, then it can be caught, even with face mask and social distancing.

Practicing safe guidelines, masking up, keeping your distance, washing hands, definitely reduces the odds of contracting the virus but it's not always 100% effective.
Yeah, it's part of a "full meal deal" package, but you have to have it all, all the time for it to be most effective. It's really easy for folks to get complacent at home or in the community and compliance burn out is a real thing, too. It's not about all the times we do wear our masks and keep distanced, it's about the fewer times we do not.

I'm hoping Scott only has a garden variety cold...
Old 01-10-2021, 07:35 AM   #8

Quote:

One person I know had it about a week. Went to the ER only because it was a weekend. Said that he is short of breath a month later. His girlfriend that hung out the whole time tested positive, but never got sick.

Another friend also had it about a week. Been 3 months now and she still can't taste anything. Her husband and daughter never got sick. Don't know if they were tested or not.

I know of 3 other cases that lasted 3-7 days nothing worse than the flue.
Dr Obbins is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 07:40 AM   #9

Wife and I had it 6 months ago. Hope you don’t have it but if you do.... my best advice is to stay isolated, stay calm, stay positive, maintain body temp below 100 with Tylenol or ibuprofen, and don’t read or listen to any negative news... especially about COVID. We are both 68 and were able to recover at home with no lasting effects. Hope all goes well with you.
MO Fred is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 08:11 AM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Brother in law and his whole family got it (6 people). Two were pretty sick, three were a little sick, BIL was hospitalized for almost 2 weeks and in the ICU for 5 days. He also takes immunosuppressant drugs. No one in the family took it seriously. Both pastors at my church had it, even though they were super cautious (online services, essential visits only); no real issue. In other words, no one can tell in advance what someone’s course will be. Get tested and take it easy. Get a pulse oximeter too.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 12:02 PM   #11

Quote:
I am holding up in the coach. Tried to get the wife to leave the day I found out my employee was diagnosed but she wouldn't leave. Planning to get tested Tuesday per CDC guidelines. Praying it passes me. Will definitely follow every single guideline. If I am infected, I don't want to pass it on to a single person. Wish I could have gotten through to my wife. She is stubborn and said she want's to be here to take care of me just in case. I can see the both of us laying in bed hoping the two puppies take care of us. LOL
Trying to isolate from your DW , wouldn't be any advantage for her now ( if you in fact have Covid-19 ) because your symptoms took 5/7 days to develop and you could have passed the virus to her any time in those days .
Isolate ; both of you , should be tested ; till you get confirmation of test .
Old 01-10-2021, 10:13 PM   #12

We now have three close friends who have died. One in Michigan; two in Arizona. They were ones to take all precautions.
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2021, 10:28 PM   #13

I am so sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twogypsies View Post
We now have three close friends who have died. One in Michigan; two in Arizona. They were ones to take all precautions.
How did they contract it? I am interested in knowing what was learned through the contact tracing. We have been taking "all precautions" since March 14 as I have responsibility for my 83 year old father.
Old 01-11-2021, 05:51 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
What is the purpose of getting tested if you are only having mild symptoms besides adding to the number? If you feel sick stay home just like you should if you had a cold or flu I could see a reason if there was medicine to get just for this, but several of my neighbors had only had mild symptoms took the same medicine they would for a cold or mild flu. After they got tested they came home and did the same thing before they got tested which was to quarantine themselves and take OTC medicine.

My brother was positive he had it and wasted a day to find out he was negative. If by chance I think I have it I plan on isolating myself and if it gets worse I would go to the hospital.

My doctor is not equipped to take a test and if you may have it you cannot get in the door. They check temperatures and ask questions before you get in the main door.
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote Reply