Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2020, 11:32 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahoona View Post
We are traveling. Right now we are staying in Tombstone which is practically deserted. When on the move we have stayed in rest stops, Walmarts and public lands. Allstays works but there aren't that many updates. Still you can get an impression and we have started to call ahead. We are almost never turned away. IMPORTANT to remember the Pandemic though. An RV is an ideal place to isolate. Do not forget masks, disinfectants and hand sanitizer. Roads are empty outside of big cities. Repairs are available if needed. The highways are actually pleasant with the reduced traffic.
assuming one can find hand sanitizer. and the farther east we go the more normal traffic becomes. we’re abt 100-m west of St. Louis at a Flying J for lunch break. traffic has been moderate-to heavy on I-44 for the last 60-90 minutes.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2020, 07:43 PM   #30

We're on our way back from Colorado. Left east coast early last week. Traffic was very light. Campgrounds (public and private closed in WVa but open in all other states on way). Spent 5 days in the high desert, 2 nights in a campground in Alamosa and 3 nights boondicking. Beautiful place. No one else within a mile. Never had to shop. Only person we got within 20' of was a hiker who stopped to talk. You can barely make out our rig in the left end of the clump of small pines in the distance.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200504_133305_resized_1.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	289.2 KB
ID:	284554

Traffic heavier as we head back east. Many more RVs heading west I gues doing the same thing as we did. Stayed in some very nive Walmarts also.
Old 05-08-2020, 11:54 AM   #31

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
I suppose each State is different but it is now pretty hot in southern Arizona and the boondocking locations in the National Forest in the Tonto National Forest were full of RVs this weekend, and I do mean full.

A drive through some of the forest roads that allow camping showed that pretty much every available space had at least one, and sometimes more, RVs camped on them so yes, people are traveling.

We're in Tonto Basin and right now the two little motels in town are full. May be a bass tournament on the lake this weekend?? And yes, there seem to be a lot of boondockers around in the National Forest.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:19 PM   #32

We left Lake Havasu City, AZ yesterday. Traffic was light in Las Vegas and mostly light up to I-70 in Utah and east to Grand Junction, CO. Was surprised at the heavy traffic coming over Loveland Pass. Went into Home Depot and few had masks on. Same at Loves in Utah. The good thing was what diesel fuel cost me In AZ. $2.79 on the pump, but only $1.65/gallon out of my account after the TSD discount. That's only $.25/mile for a 40,000# motorhome towing a 6400# Avalanche. I haven't traveled the cheap in 14 or 15 years.
Old 05-09-2020, 05:42 AM   #33

I have a trip half way booked for late June. Two of the reserved campgrounds are in Arkansas and they have restrictions to only Arkansas residents. Two campgrounds in Louisiana that I have not made reservations yet are still closed. I am chomping at the bit to go somewhere, but everywhere I look at has issues.

A neighbor left yesterday heading to Houston for family. I have not heard how their trip is going.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:58 AM   #34

Outdoors RV Owners Club
My near future trips will be within one day travel and only have one location. Future this year. Next spring will be my earliest several day travel trips. For now, my bets chances of making long trips in the future is to just stay home and do stuff at home for now.
Closed Thread

Tags
travel