RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-28-2020, 09:27 PM   #1

Arkansas State Parks to reopen May1

Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage and Tourism Secretary Stacy Hurst today announced that beginning May 1, campgrounds at Arkansas State Parks will reopen for RV campers with the following limitations:
Campers must use private recreational vehicles with self-contained bathroom facilities.
Camping will be only for Arkansas residents.
Park staff will be checking vehicle license plates for adherence to these guidelines.

“We believe that these precautions will allow Arkansans to enjoy the normalcy of going camping while maintaining appropriate social distancing,” Hurst said.

Bathhouses will remain closed. Camping reservations listed under out-of-state addresses are canceled through May 14. All guests, including Arkansas residents with reservations for lodge rooms, cabins, camper cabins, YURTs, Rent-A-RV and Rent-A-Camp are canceled through May 14.

Guests without on-board bathroom facilities, including water and electric hookups, also are canceled.

If you know you do not meet these requirements, please cancel your reservation at this time.

If your reservation is canceled, any cancellation fees will be waived and/or deposits refunded.

“Arkansas State Parks looks forward to opening all of our facilities and inviting guests from around the state and country in the coming months,” said Parks Director Grady Spann.

We do not have an estimated time yet of when we will be able to welcome our out-of-state guests back but are working closely with the Arkansas Department of Health to evaluate our operations and respond to this very fluid public health emergency. We will continue to make recommendations as needed regarding our operations to Governor Asa Hutchinson.

You can find the latest updates at www.arkansasstateparks.com/covid-19-update.

For more information and guidance on COVID-19 in our state, please refer to the Arkansas Department of Health website at https://www.healthy.arkansas.gov/pro...el-coronavirus, or the CDC’s website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
Jayco19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #2

Well good news and what-the-heck-was-he-thinking news. It is clearly unconstitutional to restrict public facilities to state residents. I don't know if anyone will challenge this in court but someone should. You cannot treat residents of one state differently than any other resident of the US.

What next out of state tolls on state roads?, triple gas tax at the pump? This would go on forever and lead to retaliation and the ultimate fracturing of the Union. Thus it is banned.
Agesilaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 07:05 AM   #3
Jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
Well good news and what-the-heck-was-he-thinking news. It is clearly unconstitutional to restrict public facilities to state residents. I don't know if anyone will challenge this in court but someone should. You cannot treat residents of one state differently than any other resident of the US.

What next out of state tolls on state roads?, triple gas tax at the pump? This would go on forever and lead to retaliation and the ultimate fracturing of the Union. Thus it is banned.
I understand your thinking it is the United States, however if you think about it all states have different rules. We live close to Arkansas and drove thru an area that we would like to camp in again and the signs as we drove into the state said "Overnight camping prohibited in parks." so the rule was in place. That being said if you travel with a firearm all states have rules that you may or not be happy with but they are the rules. New York I know bad example but look at their rule on firearms. Roads well if you get on I-44 and head west out of Missouri you have a choice, turnpikes which charge hence why I have a pikepass so I don't have to slow down at toll booths get on the other side of Oklahoma and hit Texas it is back to I-44 no tolls so yes states can impose rules.
Jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:38 AM   #4

I think the camping rules that Arkansas has put in place are fair and protects their residents. Arkansas‘s first responsibility is to its residents not somebody that wants to travel into their state and doesn’t care whether they infect someone or not just because they feel it’s their constitutional right to travel where and when I want to.

Florida was slow to act on social distancing rules and restrictions on camping and travel and thousands of its residents will pay for that decision with their lives. At least Arkansas is not stopping people at its order and refusing them entry into the state or gathering personal information as to where they are traveling to like in Florida so they can check up on them.

Thankfully my governor cares about the health and safety of my fellow Michiganders

Jol you make good points.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 08:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Florida was slow to act on social distancing rules and restrictions on camping and travel and thousands of its residents will pay for that decision with their lives. At least Arkansas is not stopping people at its order and refusing them entry into the state or gathering personal information as to where they are traveling to like in Florida so they can check up on them.
Are you being sarcastic? Yes Florida has looser rules and the governor lessened them more yesterday not being inclined to tyrannical rule. Florida was predicted to become the next NYC but with our lighter rules we came in way down the the list. Below NY, NJ, and the rest of the NE. And less than MI by far tho the population of FL is much greater than that of MI; 21 million vs 10 million. 1200 deaths in FL vs almost 4000 in MI.

And by the way I was in a store a few days ago and there were some people standing in front of a garden seed display. They were laughing about the fact that they couldn't buy those in Michigan. So your governor is a source of amusement down here.
Old 04-30-2020, 09:33 AM   #6

Florida infection and death rates are weeks behind New York City’s and New Jersey rates and given the governors loose restrictions are likely to climb higher as time goes by. Of course now we may never know what the infection and death rates are since the governor has ordered those numbers to be with held from reporting. I believe there are many intelligent people in Florida that are self imposing their own stay at home order to stay safe. All our Florida friends are. They subscribe to the notion that science is greater than opinion. Tyrannical rule is what you experience in Russia or Korea. What we have here in Michigan are decisions based on science and common sense and you know what, it’s working. I hope that Florida doesn’t see a spike in infection or deaths.

Michigan is unique in that the hot spot Detroit, has a high population of African-Americans who have pre-existing medical conditions which make their susceptibility to coronavirus quite high resulting in high infection and death rates for our Michigan residents. Our health care professionals are stretched to their limits with supplies and materials being highjacked to states that the President favors ie. Florida.

As is many times the case, hearsay is purported as fact. It is a fact that in Michigan garden centers were closed for a relatively short period of time during a time when planting was not possible. Gardens are not normally planted here until the danger of frost has passed which is mid to late May and normally after Memorial Day.

That did not mean that seeds, potting soil, fertilizers and other gardening supplies were not available in Michigan. This is just conservative propaganda. We purchased all our seeds, seed potatoes and potting soil weeks ago. All big box grocery stores and our two local hardware stores in our town were and are fully stocked with garden supplies.

Up here our Governor, you may know her as “that women” is a source of inspiration, providing leadership and making difficult decisions to protect the residents of her state and save lives. No time for politics during this public health crisis.
Old 05-01-2020, 09:22 AM   #7

Actually your governor is nationally known as Darth Whitmer. I'm not sure why you think MI is unique, Florida has much greater diversity than MI and has a much higher population of over 65 year olds. Few people want to retire to MI after all.

I'm also not sure why you think that Florida doesn't publish WuFlu infection rates: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

As for science you are ignoring the actual data with the antibody testing going on. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...-tests-tell-us It doesn't fit your dogma so you pretend it doesn't exist. Florida has done extensive and randomized test in South Florida and found that 6% of the population has had the WuFlu and most never had any symptoms. NY did testing and found that state wide the infection rate was 4% and in NYC it was 20%. This data reduces the actual mortality rate to numbers closer to seasonal flu. Why hasn't Darth done that test in MI?

And there is plenty of real data showing that the WuFlu dies in a matter of seconds in bright sunlight and high humidity. Conditions that exactly describe the conditions down here. People should be encouraged to get out in the sun not hide in their homes in close contact with others.

And why should folks in the upper peninsula have the same restrictions as the Detroit area? There are few cases up there or for that matter in most of the state. Governor DeSantis has reduced restrictions in most of the state but kept them in place for the high infection rate areas, which were infected by NYC plague carriers. That's called following the science.
Old 05-01-2020, 03:45 PM   #8

Quote:
And there is plenty of real data showing that the WuFlu dies in a matter of seconds in bright sunlight and high humidity. Conditions that exactly describe the conditions down here. People should be encouraged to get out in the sun not hide in their homes in close contact with others.

What’s your explanation for all those beach going Spring Breakers who returned home with the virus?
Old 05-01-2020, 04:13 PM   #9

Quote:
Actually your governor is nationally known as Darth Whitmer...
I'm also not sure why you think that Florida doesn't publish WuFlu infection rates...
Why hasn't Darth done that test in MI?...
Darth Whitmer?
WuFlu?
Really? That's just the kind of language you hear coming out of the mouths of apologists and propagandists.

2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 07:32 AM   #10

Quote:
Actually your governor is nationally known as Darth Whitmer. I'm not sure why you think MI is unique, Florida has much greater diversity than MI and has a much higher population of over 65 year olds. Few people want to retire to MI after all.

I'm also not sure why you think that Florida doesn't publish WuFlu infection rates: https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/

As for science you are ignoring the actual data with the antibody testing going on. https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...-tests-tell-us It doesn't fit your dogma so you pretend it doesn't exist. Florida has done extensive and randomized test in South Florida and found that 6% of the population has had the WuFlu and most never had any symptoms. NY did testing and found that state wide the infection rate was 4% and in NYC it was 20%. This data reduces the actual mortality rate to numbers closer to seasonal flu. Why hasn't Darth done that test in MI?

And why should folks in the upper peninsula have the same restrictions as the Detroit area? There are few cases up there or for that matter in most of the state. Governor DeSantis has reduced restrictions in most of the state but kept them in place for the high infection rate areas, which were infected by NYC plague carriers. That's called following the science.

I still believe that Arkansas State Parks are doing the right thing.

Hmm, I wonder why the owners of all these RV’s and vehicles with Florida license plates spend their summers here in Michigan.

Let’s offer some factual information. First, the virus is called Coronavirus not WuFlu. Our Governors name is Gretchen Whitmer.

I’m glad to see your governor has finally allowed medical examiners to once again release Coronavirus Death Data after prohibiting it for over 9 days. Good for him. Now maybe he will retract his false statement that nation wide no one under 25 has died from the virus.

Update: The new numbers that DeSantis released are lower than the ones pre-restrictions. Hmm what’s he hiding?

Ignoring data? How can Florida have done extensive and randomized testing when the tests (limited numbers approved but not tested) only became available at the end of April?
From a Florida newspaper. Experts say “The ability for the test to render such confidence is only as good as the test themselves and the data derived from the results. Of the smorgasbord of loosely verified test hitting the market some are far less accurate than others, experts say. Tens of millions of tests are needed before Americans can safely head back to work, school and the beach.”

“Even if the accuracy and sensitivity of the tests were comparable, without a standardized program to collect and analyze the results as there is with diagnostic, nasal swab test-there is less likelihood of public health officials, politicians and business owners will be able to use the test to determine how many people may have been infected and are potentially immune...”

Now reflecting on the seasonal flu death rate, you do realize that you are comparing the Coronavirus death rate of what 2-3 months to an entire flue season? The difference in contagiousness and effect on internal organs of the two can’t begin to be compared.

Michigan residents are not restricted from going outside.
Experts, ie scientists, not the president say that there is little evidence that hot sunny days actually make beach’s safer. Although sunlight can help kill Coronavirus on surfaces it doesn’t work fast enough. Sunshine does not prevent the virus from spreading from person to person through droplets of saliva or mucus in the air.
Your assertion that the Coronavirus dies in seconds is false.

Hospital administrators and county executives in upstate Michigan and the UP were the first to request that residents and visitors stay home and not travel north as their healthcare systems were not equipped to handle normal patients and Coronavirus patients at the same time.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:33 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
Darth Whitmer?
WuFlu?
Really? That's just the kind of language you hear coming out of the mouths of apologists and propagandists.

Yep.

Tags
arkansas