Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:17 AM   #1

Being able to travel this summer

Do Y'ALL thank parks will open up so we are able to travel this spring?

We would like to spend the summer in the west but I sounds like everything is up in the air about being able to travel.
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2021, 10:52 AM   #2

I have been traveling, along with many others, since last fall.

RVing is the definition of social distancing.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:04 AM   #3

an item in today's edition of RV Travel (2/14/21) predicts a 20% increasein new RV deliveries over 2020. that should mean roughly 500,000 new RVs.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 01:22 PM   #4

I think parks will be more open going forward, last spring/summer's closures raised the powers that be awareness of the fact that camping is a great way to social distance. Also the loss of revenue for those public campgrounds. case in point-we used to just take off and go, and rely on finding a campsite as we needed, but now in planning our sept trip found that campsites are filling fast, many campgrounds we got one of few remaining open spots. COE's now doing all reservation, no FCFS, same at many FS campgrounds, I'm also noticing that campgrounds with the 6 month or YTD rolling window reservation system filling within hours of opening. JMHO. I don't like to have to reserve, but, it is the nature of the beast right now.
Tightwadted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #5

Hopefully we start seeing more of a semblance of normal life by this summer. We travelled minimally last summer as the U.S. border was closed and still is. All maritime provinces were off limits, so that left us with some (not all) of our province of Quebec and Ontario, but even that was iffy at times.

I am itching for another mega trip but I doubt that'll be in 2021. Depending what plays out maybe we'll head for Alberta. I know I'm not missing muchworkwise the past 2 months.

2006 Lakota 29RKT
kdauto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2021, 05:14 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Parks are open in NM. Even if they were closed plenty of places to camp.
Old 02-26-2021, 09:48 PM   #7

The only way to get back to normalcy is for folks to get serious about getting their vaccine and continue to wear masks - properly. Cases/deaths skyrocketed during summer vacations and holidays. We just got through the big Christmas spike. We all need to help!
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 06:44 AM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
JMO, but until it stops being political, it will be up to the Governors. FL is wide open while CA remains mostly closed. We are making our travel plans, after our vaccinations, for areas that have not closed everything. Who knows what they will continue to do.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 07:19 AM   #9

California is a no go.
Jayco1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:10 AM   #10

Most of the parks near us in pennsylvania have been open with social areas like pools closed. Hopefully we'll end up in florida at some point over the summer break. Im hoping the political side of this is over and it will just be left to die, not that i dont believe in the virus, i dont believe anyone knows what theyre doing. Everyone i know who follows guidelines religiously has had it and alot that dont have had it, seems to be a crapshoot and hopefully yhe politicians will admit this and just let it play out without ruining peoples lives anymore.
Jshopes81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:08 PM   #11

we don't usually travel in the summer. we leave that to the families that have no other choice.
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:20 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Except in a couple cases (States) parks have been open for months. I know for a fact Oregon and Washington parks (most) have been open My kids have been rving with no issues. Of course there are restrictions on "gatherings ' and Masks inside. In august/sep I went from FL to Indiana and back with no issues getting in any park.
I am planning on being on the road again this summer.
BillJinOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayco1 View Post

Do Y'ALL thank parks will open up so we are able to travel this spring?

We would like to spend the summer in the west but I sounds like everything is up in the air about being able to travel.
We spent the entire summer and most of the Fall in the Rockies last year - think it will be even better this year. And last year was Great.

Yellowstone to to Taos then back to Colorado and Utah - no issue at all.

Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 09:22 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
I have been traveling, along with many others, since last fall.

RVing is the definition of social distancing.
This. I completely agree.

We just returned from an 8 week trip through 4 States. We stayed in six areas -Yuma, Tuscon, Sedona, Sun City, Indio, Cathredal City and a few parks on the way out of town and the way back home. All the parks or resorts we stayed at had sanitizer stations everywhere and did a great job communicating protocols. You could tell extra cleaning was done in the restrooms and showers.

The weather was great so people were outdoors having fun and getting extra natural vitamin D from the Sun. Masks were encouraged and worn indoors, but very few people wore them outdoors while being active or at the pools. Restaurant patios were open and busy in all States we visted. (Nice to See)

We never had a challenge getting a park reservation, dining out or hitting the hiking and biking trails. Things were open and active and it was fun to particiapte.

I would encourage everyone that's healthy to get out and enjoy the RV life like you always have. (Maybe with a few more sanitizer wipes)
SilverPlum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel