RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #15

Just put heated blankets in the bed and thicker quilts on top First real flying snow yesterday and day before - bright blue skies and sunshine today but still chilly. Ho hum, time to hunker down for a predicted longer cold spells winter.
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2020, 01:41 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rarebear.nm View Post
The snowbirds will be cold and grumpy and have to learn how to winterize their RVs. The camp spaces they use to occupy will be occupied by some of the new US RVers.
Cold and grumpy I am. But just wait until next year! Yippee. Party time.

Seriously though, there is no point in folks crossing the border and getting sick in another country. Much as I like travelling in the USA, this year I'll pass. I was planning on buying a DSDP but right now there is no point. It would sit in my driveway and collect snow.

To the Americans who can travel to warmer climes, I wish you well. Unfortunately I cannot join you

Stay safe
Xmcdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmcdog View Post
Cold and grumpy I am. But just wait until next year! Yippee. Party time.

Seriously though, there is no point in folks crossing the border and getting sick in another country. Much as I like travelling in the USA, this year I'll pass. I was planning on buying a DSDP but right now there is no point. It would sit in my driveway and collect snow.

To the Americans who can travel to warmer climes, I wish you well. Unfortunately I cannot join you

Stay safe
There is an option. Call RV parks in FL to see if they have a rental trailer available for your time period. Fly down and back, it is not prohibited.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:05 PM   #18

Some back channel talk has popped up on some of the Facebook channels. Right now about 5000 American per week are dieing from the virus. The jabber is that that number needs to drop down to about 2000 per week before things start to relax. Mortality per million inhabitants is about 2.5 times as high as Canada and headed the wrong direction. That is spooking lots of snowbirds as well. Best to sit it out for awhile.
radar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM   #19

For what its worth Canada is now experiencing what the US went thru.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/po...solation-camps
EyezOpen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
Some back channel talk has popped up on some of the Facebook channels. Right now about 5000 American per week are dieing from the virus. The jabber is that that number needs to drop down to about 2000 per week before things start to relax. Mortality per million inhabitants is about 2.5 times as high as Canada and headed the wrong direction. That is spooking lots of snowbirds as well. Best to sit it out for awhile.

Not even close to what is happening. The US is far ahead of the curve..far ahead.
Old Yesterday, 07:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyezOpen View Post
Not even close to what is happening. The US is far ahead of the curve..far ahead.
I’m just going by the world o meter numbers. Do you have more info?
Old Yesterday, 08:19 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar View Post
I’m just going by the world o meter numbers. Do you have more info?
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/us-map

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/map

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tracker/overview

With all of the above information the actual flu itself is no longer being tracked.
Old Yesterday, 08:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Interesting links. They seem to reflect the worldometer info. I didn’t understand your comments on being “ahead of the curve” so I’ll just leave that alone.
Old Yesterday, 11:56 PM   #24

Quote:
With all of the above information the actual flu itself is no longer being tracked.
This site is updated and has excellent information. Scroll down midway for deaths by diseases and you'll see the common flu stats.

https://informationisbeautiful.net/v...J2PJ8KZLK4wjdo
twogypsies is offline   Reply With Quote