Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2020, 06:29 PM   #29

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I have been home all summer cuz it's hot everywhere worth camping, and the north border is closed. Winter is here and finally I can get out with no crowds. Lots of open 4star suites.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2020, 07:58 AM   #30

Most private campgrounds and ALL of the State Parks have been Closed, so No we have been stuck at home in the driveway. State Parks just opened up first of the month with full access. Yes, we are going today to a park for a week. YES,,,Hallelujah we are on the road again....
Florida Rang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 08:53 AM   #31

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
So it would seem , but by the time , you read through " Who Qualifies to enter" and get through the " Quarantine Requirements " and the " Footnotes " . Just about anyone can be refused entry if all the requirements aren't met , turned around in their vehicle or put on the next plane back to their place of origin.
Airlines are careful not to board passengers who won't meet the requirements ; to stay in Canada; because last I heard they were responsible to fly them back.
Good points Skip, and thanks for the education! I was ignorant of the fact that an airline is responsible for flying international passengers back when they are denied entry to the destination country. Prompted by your comment, I learned that this appears to track all the way back to the Warsaw Pact.

The devil is in the details and, more so, in the breadth of discretionary execution of same. As timjet alluded, land border agents may be less willing to accept the risk of admittance, given the potential consequences are so significant and the documentary controls may be too unreliable.

https://travel.stackexchange.com/que...s-entry-by-air
rosebud1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:13 PM   #32

If Canada does not allow US residents to enter, why shoudl US allow Canadians to enter?
Old 10-17-2020, 06:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldCat25 View Post
If Canada does not allow US residents to enter, why shoudl US allow Canadians to enter?
Land borders are closed both ways. I believe flying is ok however must quarantine where flying into.
GonetoRaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #34
laj

They should just shut travel down tight. bout time.
laj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 08:11 PM   #35
NXR

Quote:
If Canada does not allow US residents to enter, why should US allow Canadians to enter?
500,000 Canadians spending money here for months is why. In American dollars.

Ray
Old 10-17-2020, 08:49 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonetoRaces View Post
Land borders are closed both ways. I believe flying is ok however must quarantine where flying into.
Actually lots of areas (check individual states/municipalities!) into the USA Canadians arriving DO NOT have to quarantine or self isolate the 14 days upon arrival, provided they've not been in any listed exempt areas (ie; Ireland+others) prior to arrival into the USA state. However, upon returning/entering into Canada you will have to self isolate 14 days as at current mandates.

We are still hearing of Canadians that hung down in Mexico longer than the March return orders, and therefore have spent less than the 6months in the USA still RVing around, and just got back last month and this month, crossing into Canada. Some are upset about "house arrest" as they term isolation for 14 days. To me that's wanting your cake, eating it and asking for another slice. Really!
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #37

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Well, if Canadians want to come down here for the winter, that's fine with me. They can't spread it any more than we do. If they want to risk getting it and taking it back to Canada that's on them. Due to forum rules I can't say what I think and that's OK.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:36 AM   #38

How does self quarantine work? Do you tell the authorities you will comply or is there some enforcement.

Several US states tried to limit travel from certain states they felt were C-19 spreaders this last summer. We changed our travel plans avoiding NY and Maine because of this. However I've read here on this forum several people ignored the travel bans and since there was little to no enforcement, they had no issues.

Personally at this point I feel quarantine is useless. Unless everyone every where self isolates for 14 days, closing the borders won't help much, as we've already seen.
Both sold
2021 Vanleigh Beacon 41LKB 5th wheel
timjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:39 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by timjet View Post
How does self quarantine work? Do you tell the authorities you will comply or is there some enforcement.

Several US states tried to limit travel from certain states they felt were C-19 spreaders this last summer. We changed our travel plans avoiding NY and Maine because of this. However I've read here on this forum several people ignored the travel bans and since there was little to no enforcement, they had no issues.

Personally at this point I feel quarantine is useless. Unless everyone every where self isolates for 14 days, closing the borders won't help much, as we've already seen.
The health authorities I believe have been asking the RCMP to do spot checks on those under quarantine, and when they've found them not at home where they are supposed to be there's been HUGE fines being in breach of the act. For us up North, not worth the risk, but inevitably an odd one or two didn't adhere!
SomeDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 11:20 AM   #40

Quote:
Mutual agreement between countries, for the better of both. Turns out the USA has not adhered to the mask recommendation like Canada. You can easily see the results in both countries.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, winter