Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2021, 05:00 PM   #71

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I'll stick with facts and science, many popular "theories" as some call them are not suited for air time, IMO.

We'd be mostly out of this whole mess if people did what was needed to be done. Covid-19 is expected to be with us for a long time. How bad it impacts society seems to be determined by a shrinking minority of the country. It seems that the majority of the population no longer rules.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2021, 06:06 PM   #72

Didn't mean to post
Charming is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2021, 01:13 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charming View Post
I agree, where do these people get this stuff. Not dignifying by calling it information.

As far as I know there is not one credible source telling people to not get vaccinated, to not mask up when in rooms of people, and to not social distance.

If there is a Credible source, please share it. BTW, it's not facebook.
Are these two sources credible enough? They are not saying not to mask but they do provide some interesting information on masks. Especially the cloth ones most everyone seems to wear.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs...raphic-508.pdf

The CDC site would lead me to believe that a cloth mask is doing little good, especially with this statement. "Does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection"

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/control-prevention

OSHA has this to say about masks "Surgical masks are not respirators and do not provide the same level of protection to workers as properly-fitted respirators. Cloth face coverings are also not acceptable substitutes for respirators." "Cloth face coverings are not acceptable substitutes for PPE intended to prevent worker exposure to droplets or other splashes or sprays of liquids."

If you chose to use a respirator face covering which I have noticed some people do here is the OSHA recommendations on how to do it. Wonder how many comply with that standard?

https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/f...s/OSHA4015.pdf

While we are told to wear a mask here are two government agencies which seem to be suggesting that cloth masks offer little real protection to the wearer.

Or am I miss reading the information on these government sites?
Old 08-26-2021, 04:39 AM   #74

Very interesting information. The first link is a comparison between surgical masks and N95 masks. It is intended for medical providers when dealing with patients (i.e. people working in environments with high COVID risk). It states the surgical masks provide protection for the patient from the wearer. N95 masks provide a higher level of protection for the patient and the wearer.

The second OSHA reference (4th paragraph down) says:

"Interim General Guidance for All Workers and Employers

For all workers, regardless of specific exposure risks, it is always a good practice to:

Wear cloth face coverings, at a minimum, at all times when around coworkers or the general public. If a respirator, such as an N95 respirator or better, is needed for conducting work activities, then that respirator should be used, and the worker should use their cloth face covering when they are not using the respirator (such as during breaks or while commuting)."

The third reference is nothing more than "how to properly wear a mask". You seem to be making the assumption that people in general do not follow instructions and making the inference that means mask wearing is ineffective.

Mask wearing is one of several components to an overall strategy for preventing the spread of COVID 19. The wearing of masks, getting vaccinated, social distancing tamp down COVID spread.

So if you are thinking these 3 references confirm mask wearing is ineffective, then yes, I think you are misinterpreting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc1470 View Post
Are these two sources credible enough? They are not saying not to mask but they do provide some interesting information on masks. Especially the cloth ones most everyone seems to wear.

https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/npptl/pdfs...raphic-508.pdf

The CDC site would lead me to believe that a cloth mask is doing little good, especially with this statement. "Does NOT provide the wearer with a reliable level of protection from inhaling smaller airborne particles and is not considered respiratory protection"

https://www.osha.gov/coronavirus/control-prevention

OSHA has this to say about masks "Surgical masks are not respirators and do not provide the same level of protection to workers as properly-fitted respirators. Cloth face coverings are also not acceptable substitutes for respirators." "Cloth face coverings are not acceptable substitutes for PPE intended to prevent worker exposure to droplets or other splashes or sprays of liquids."

If you chose to use a respirator face covering which I have noticed some people do here is the OSHA recommendations on how to do it. Wonder how many comply with that standard?

https://www.osha.gov/sites/default/f...s/OSHA4015.pdf

While we are told to wear a mask here are two government agencies which seem to be suggesting that cloth masks offer little real protection to the wearer.

Or am I miss reading the information on these government sites?
jondrew55 is offline   Reply
Old 08-26-2021, 08:56 AM   #75
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Thread Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIFFTALL View Post
We started this section exactly for this purpose and felt our members needed a venue to discuss this. We also have to keep them within our Community Rules and currently do not have any intentions of doing away with it for these same reasons.
The main topic of discussion was addressed in Post#11. It is starting to drift into other areas now.

Site Staff
Spk64 is offline   Reply
Closed Thread