Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #1

Company reinstate masks

My company just said that Masks are mandatory again even for vaccinated people.
boiledowl is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2021, 10:19 AM   #2

Mine set up a voluntary participation website where you could enter your vaccination status. If you indicated you were vaccinated, you did not need to wear a mask. I only go in occasionally now, but I'm wearing my mask when I am in meetings or crowded spaces. I fully expect our company to go back to mandatory masks in the next week or so.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #3

My company is still work-from-home. How ever, there have been lots of rumblings about return-to-office. I have drawn a line in the sand, and my supervisors and management above them know this, so I'm not afraid to share. If returning to the office means wearing a mask and will not be able to continue working from home, the answer is simple. I quit! I walk. And I'm prepared to do so. I will not wear a mask all day. I will not!
Old 07-30-2021, 10:47 AM   #4

Whats the big deal to wear a mask???? I wear it mandated or not. Wish the people getting within 6 ft of me or handling my food felt the same. I tend to think anyone threatening to quit their job over a mask was probably going to quit anyway and just found their excuse. Theres far worse things about going back to the office than a mask. Starting with the commute. Id be more distressed over the get vaccinated or get tested every week mandate that is starting.
Bearstream1 is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 10:54 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearstream1 View Post
Whats the big deal to wear a mask???? I wear it mandated or not. Wish the people getting within 6 ft of me or handling my food felt the same. I tend to think anyone threatening to quit their job over a mask was probably going to quit anyway and just found their excuse. Theres far worse things about going back to the office than a mask. Starting with the commute. Id be more distressed over the get vaccinated or get tested every week mandate that is starting.
Now you've hit on it. I had a 30 mile commute each way and that dropped to zero except for the couple of times a month I still go in for meetings. Not sure I'm willing to give that up, especially since my home office is so much nicer than my noisy cubicle. I can retire anytime and almost certainly would if I were asked to return full-time. Fortunately, they've classified my job as only going in occasionally. So until that changes I'm happy. I don't like wearing a mask either. Its itchy and hot. But I do it. And now I'm doing it whenever I go out.
jondrew55 is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 10:59 AM   #6

I just had to have the same uncomfortable conversation with my employees. They understand it's not our decision but we have to abide by the law. So back to foggy glasses.
SacRV is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 11:07 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
What is the point of having fully vaccinated people wear a mask? Other than to satisfy some politicians power ego trip, I absolutely see no reason to wear a mask. Makes more sense to tell unvaccinated people to wear a mask or stay home.
Charles L is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 11:07 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSpor View Post
My company is still work-from-home. How ever, there have been lots of rumblings about return-to-office. I have drawn a line in the sand, and my supervisors and management above them know this, so I'm not afraid to share. If returning to the office means wearing a mask and will not be able to continue working from home, the answer is simple. I quit! I walk. And I'm prepared to do so. I will not wear a mask all day. I will not!
I like your answer and attitude. You are not forcing your opinion on anyone else. You are stating what you personally would do and for that congratulations.

Terry
96Bounder1st is offline   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 11:13 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiledowl View Post
My company just said that Masks are mandatory again even for vaccinated people.
Sitting here still recovering from the Delta variant after catching it (I am fully vaccinated) on July 3rd from my father, who was also fully vaccinated and spent 3 days in ICU, I don't see the problem. Once you get it, maybe you'll understand.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #10

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles L View Post
What is the point of having fully vaccinated people wear a mask? Other than to satisfy some politicians power ego trip, I absolutely see no reason to wear a mask. Makes more sense to tell unvaccinated people to wear a mask or stay home.
See my post above.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:20 AM   #11

Delta variant is alpha on steroids

One has a choice and as always choice comes with consequences

Choose wisely........ you and the ones you love depend on it
*even those that you don't know or like also

Simple..........
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply
Old 07-30-2021, 11:31 AM   #12

Forest River Owners Club
Old Biscuit, I agree with you, but in this case keep in mind that the masks also protect those around you. I would say it's like comparing seat belt laws to no smoking laws. Seat belt laws protect you. No smoking laws protect those around you. Masks are not just there to protect you but also to protect those around you. Would any of you feel bad if you infected someone who then carried it to their elderly parents, infected them, and they died from it? After watching my father in ICU for 3 days and worrying about him, anyone that's not doing what they can is plain selfish in my mind. I've been sick since July 5th and it SUCKS, but luckily for me it wasn't life-threatening.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:41 AM   #13

Delete.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:45 AM   #14

You cannot control what others do. You only have control over what you do. That includes who you do business with. Since CDC has advised returning to masking, I will not shop at any store where the employees are not masked.

As Robbie noted, this new and improved Covid is dangerous to those who have been vaccinated and have a weakened immune system. Due to my immune system, I’m terrified of being near people who are not masked. Call me paranoid, but I want to be around long enough to enjoy my RV and my grandkids.

So to those anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers, please restrict your interactions to others like yourself, and spare spreading the virus indiscriminately to innocents.
Closed Thread