Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2020, 10:09 PM   #29

Next month......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BB0CAA35-0421-4BF5-BB53-6611C21E7D7F.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	276843  
BMGM37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2020, 07:54 AM   #30

My sister and hubby just booked a cruise from Miami going down south and back. I tried to talk her out if it, saying that if one single person is confirmed as having the virus on her ship, that they will be locked down for at least 14 days. Not to mention that the military would probably quarantine them on a base somewhere when they reach home port. Didn't phase her one bit...

Mmmmkay!
Old 03-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #31

I think fear is the bigger enemy. But at the same time I do not want to be trapped on a cruse ship or in an airplane. It's well proven to be a big petri dish.

Starving for good accurate information.
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #32

Ford Super Duty Owner
RVing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shassel View Post
I have decided not to drive to China.
They closed the Pacific tunnel to China...must change plans.
wayno347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:18 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayno347 View Post
They closed the Pacific tunnel to China...must change plans.

I rarely take that tunnel. They require you turn off your propane and my food always spoils by the time I reach Shanghai. If I use my generator, I don't have enough fuel to make the complete trip.

I'm gonna wait until they complete the bridge, next fall. I only hope the weight limits still allow access by motorhome.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:39 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
Wearing gloves is not going to offer any more protection than not wearing gloves unless you wash your hands with the gloves on or change them after touching things.

Just wash your hands and keep them away from your face.
If you put the gloves on before you leave the house, leave them on while your out, then slip them off and dump them in a bucket outside the house, it's 100% hand protection. But, you need to slip them off in a sterile manner. Pull one glove off with the other and dump it. Then stick a bare finger inside the contaminated glove and peel it off. Washing hands is a great idea, but then you touch all those other things; door handles, atm buttons etc and your recontaminated.
Kraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:48 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Just got back from 8 day cruise. The food was great.
Can't wait for the next cruise. Trying to get the cruises out of the way before I get my retirement DP.
okcnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #36

At Costco they were handing out wipes at the door but at the exit they were checking your receipts and how many times did the cashier handle everyone membership cards?
gpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:10 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Bolt View Post
My sister and hubby just booked a cruise from Miami going down south and back. I tried to talk her out if it, saying that if one single person is confirmed as having the virus on her ship, that they will be locked down for at least 14 days. Not to mention that the military would probably quarantine them on a base somewhere when they reach home port. Didn't phase her one bit...

Mmmmkay!
I have three at least month long RV trips planned, no change at the present time. One of those trips includes the west coast.

We were looking at taking a last minute cruise or a trip to S. America soon but have quit looking.
SteveJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 09:18 AM   #38

This virus is no different from the various forms of the flu that we have been dealing with forever. On average over 30k people DIE from the latest versions of the flu each year. I have never panicked over that and will not over this overhyped illness.
Fossil one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #39
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
If you put the gloves on before you leave the house, leave them on while your out, then slip them off and dump them in a bucket outside the house, it's 100% hand protection. But, you need to slip them off in a sterile manner. Pull one glove off with the other and dump it. Then stick a bare finger inside the contaminated glove and peel it off. Washing hands is a great idea, but then you touch all those other things; door handles, atm buttons etc and your recontaminated.
The exterior of the gloves will still be contaminated from the germs you will come into contact so unless you wash your hands with the gloves on or change them after you touch something questionable there is no benefit to wear them all day.

The virus doesn't penetrate or infect you through your hands. It infects you when you put your contaminated hands near your face. If you don't change that behavior gloves won't protect you. If you do change that behavior than there is no need for gloves.

I have been trained in best practices for working in contaminated areas.

Wear gloves if it makes you feel better but for day to day activities they won't make a difference.
tcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:28 PM   #40

Nope, still planning to fly to Australia and then hop a cruise ship home to LA.

If something changes between now and then, we’ll reconsider.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 04:54 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil one View Post
This virus is no different from the various forms of the flu that we have been dealing with forever. On average over 30k people DIE from the latest versions of the flu each year. I have never panicked over that and will not over this overhyped illness.

Not exactly. This one hits the lowest part of your lungs, whereas many virus start from the top of the lungs. Much more malevolent...as it were...

Also, it is still not absolutely certain that this is not an accidentally released weaponized virus from their P4 lab (shared by the military and civilian entities) which is very close to the animal markets in Wuhan. With the fact that the C.C.P. in China will not let either the WHO or the CDC outside of their hotels in China, where they are spoon fed information, I believe exactly ZERO of the official information coming out of China.
Old 03-04-2020, 02:42 AM   #42

I just read gas pump handles and buttons are as contaminated as your average cell phone. That’s filthy.
nancybninja is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel