Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2020, 06:25 AM   #379

And that is the whole Carona Virus thing in a nutshell.
esox07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-16-2020, 07:23 AM   #380

We made reservations at a State Park eleven months ago for a week stay, including Memorial Day weekend. A week or so ago, we got email informing that the reservation had been cancelled, due to the fact that two of the days at the start of the week were not available because the park opening date had been pushed back. We called (hour long wait on phone) and this was verified by the call taker, that the whole reservation was cancelled. We then decided to book other places for the week, a day or two here and there.
Now, we get email that the original reservation was moved back the two days, not cancelled. We were meeting friends at the first SP, so now were in process of cancelling days and hoping were not charged cancellation fee at the other SP. (on phone now for 30 minutes)
Old 05-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #381

Outdoors RV Owners Club
The fact that things are changing fast with no warning is one of the reasons I am going to sit out the crazy summer season and plan on the fall. My boys are just as happy here as they are 1000 mile from home. You ever try a 5 week trip alone with two, 125+ pound dogs, alone? You throw in this virus thing and that puts me over the edge.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:12 AM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
The fact that things are changing fast with no warning is one of the reasons I am going to sit out the crazy summer season and plan on the fall. My boys are just as happy here as they are 1000 mile from home. You ever try a 5 week trip alone with two, 125+ pound dogs, alone? You throw in this virus thing and that puts me over the edge.
I could see that being a bit of a challenge. Hopefully the fall will be better, but I'm not counting on it.
Well, my wife spent two hours on the phone waiting to talk with reserve america and then customer service. It was going to cost us more to cancel, than to just keep the sites double booked. On top of that, the rep could not verify that we have the first booked sites, so I guess we will just have to be flexible, keep all the sites and see what happens.
Old 05-16-2020, 11:25 AM   #383

We left AZ on the 7th and arrived back in WI on the 10th. 2,000 miles and three campgrounds. One was over half full, the one in Denver was over 80% full but in the last one in Lincoln, NE we got the last pullthru. They were full. I just assumed that people were enjoying the outdoors instead of couped up at home. Most were practicing social distancing. We're home till late June when we will then travel to ID to visit a daughter for the 4th celebration. Traveling in the MH makes it easy to avoid all contact with others. I don't see any problem.
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:07 PM   #384

To my knowledge, As of today Idaho still has a 14 day quarantine requirement for people arriving from out of state. I’m hoping they lift it before August
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 05:53 PM   #385

I cannot wait to travel again. My problem now is not fear but how other people will look at me when I driving across state lines. It's just a weird vibe now.
Old 05-16-2020, 06:07 PM   #386

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallRVLife View Post
I cannot wait to travel again. My problem now is not fear but how other people will look at me when I driving across state lines. It's just a weird vibe now.
I know CA is a little different than the rest of the world. I've been in 5 states since Dec 2019, 2 of them twice. Only a few states have strange restrictions and none are in the SE. People ARE crossing state lines every day and no one gets strange looks, unless maybe in CA.
Old 05-17-2020, 09:21 AM   #387

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsChilerick View Post
To my knowledge, As of today Idaho still has a 14 day quarantine requirement for people arriving from out of state. I’m hoping they lift it before August
They could lift it, then three days before you get there start it again. It's all at the whim of the Gov and the virus numbers. It's easier for me to be stuck at home than in a CG in another state. In previous trips, it was "HI, can I pet your dogs and welcome". My feeling is that it won't be the same.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:56 AM   #388

No it won’t be the same this summer. We are still trying to decide if we should just find a place to park rather than take the trip we planned.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #389

Oh this just drags on & on. CGs in the primary state we want to get to are reopening. Our usual air route to get to our RV no longer exists but another way has been found that actually gets us there in less time using the rails. The hold up is a closed airport here in Bermuda. Can't get off the Rock till that reopens. Things are opening up very slowly but we still have a 10:00PM-6:00AM curfew. No eat in restaurants. Grocery shopping days restricted by surnames. Can't go inside hardware stores.

The itch for a change of scenery needs scratching.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #390

Wish I could switch with you. Bermuda is not a bad place to quarantine. Arizona hitting 105° is not as desirable :-)
Old 05-19-2020, 10:29 AM   #391

�� wow I thought I had it bad. I at least can go to the hardware store! (My second home)!! Praying for you and your folks out there. (At least I’m not on an island) I’ll quick gripping now (doubt it)��
PalBacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 02:05 PM   #392

I just canceled 6 days at a RV park right on the Sacramento River. Not sure if I've just gotten Lazy during the lock down or what, but it just seemed like to much work. I'm staying home for the big holiday weekend, maybe have a cook out.

Tags
travel