Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2020, 07:53 PM   #407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper25 View Post
I bought an rv to use, not to sit home and wait for the perfect day to go camping.
So where are you going? My state is just now going to open up select St parks after Memorial day weekend. RV parks are open but activities are limited due to the majority of their locations.
How does one travel through their state when nothings hardly open?
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2020, 08:17 PM   #408

Still playing the waiting game here. Still grounded & can't fly out. A 10 state 6000 mile plus trip has been cut by about 40 days so far & is looking like another 30 might get whacked off it.

At this point I have gotten around to about all of the aroundtooits that I had lined up. Things are getting desperate. How often can I rearrange & clean out my garage & store rooms? I will never find anything now that everything is so neat & tidy.

RV withdrawl syndrome has me pretty bad. Have not seen the thing since the end of last October.

At this point we would be happy simply to get off this rock, get the trailer out of storage & drift around the area of Marylands Eastern Shore with visits to a cousins boatyard to do some needed trailer maintenance while parked next to a busy waterway.

The only real concern is working in the heat of summer. It gets toasty there. So far Covid 19 has more or less passed the county by with only one death to date. Summer & tourists from the nearby cities may change that.
Triangle Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 09:00 PM   #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoGrizz View Post

I find it hard to believe people are still "living" in fear over this.
Go out and have some fun. It may be your last chance.
Every day of life has it's risks. I could be hit by a train tomorrow.
But I wont stay home to avoid it.
I'm surprised also. Not disappointed as more that stay in their safe space for the next decade or two leaves more services available for the normal people. Living in fear is not living at all.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:33 PM   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captn John View Post
I'm surprised also. Not disappointed as more that stay in their safe space for the next decade or two leaves more services available for the normal people. Living in fear is not living at all.
I see you're from North Carolina where everything is hunky dory.
TechWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 11:07 PM   #411

Thor Owners Club
Heard the Mayor of Sturgis, SD on a radio interview today being asked about the 80th Sturgis Ralley this summer (if it was going to be cancelled).

He said they are having a meeting to discuss on June 15, but they KNOW if they cancel it they will have more people show up out of protest than they will if they let it proceed.

Law enforcement in that part of the state is already looking the other way on the little bit of restrictions they do have.

Also heard that the Catholic Bishops in the Peoples Republic of Minnesota have had enough. Mass' will be resuming with precautions a week from this coming Sunday. My 80 year old mother has asked me to be ready to make bail for her because she is going to attend first chance she gets. Guess SWAT teams will raid all of the churches to take away all of the parishioners?

Think about this... Currently only 10 people allowed in churches at a time in Minnesota, but you can have 400 shoulder to shoulder in the Walmart right across the street!

My state of ND is being very reasonable... have rulse in place but nobody paying a lot of attention.

I sincerely doubt the populous will ever let this happen in the country again. things got way out of control and week minded leaders, or those with other agendas are having a hard time turning it all around while trying to save face.

Crazy times indeed...
Old 05-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #412

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechWriter View Post
I see you're from North Carolina where everything is hunky dory.
Although relatively low numbers they would have been much smaller if not for those from the NE flocking here to get away from the numbers at home.
Old 05-22-2020, 12:27 AM   #413

Skyline Owners Group
This thread has been going on nearly as long as the Virus itself. What I have found here is what I have found in Society in General. 1.) Some folks buying into the Covid-19 hysteria All the way, "If you leave your home, you are going to die or be the cause of others deaths." 2.) Some folks are saying: "This is the Luminatti , and the One World Government trying to show you whom is in charge! Fight, Resist, Protest." 3.) Middle of the Road: "While I can see how, this Virus can be deadly to some, I will need to keep going, to feed my family and do my job. I will do what I can to protect others by social distancing." The forth group is folks from both extremes, that want to control others. Either by extreme orders that seem to NOT have anything to do with the Virus itself, but some leaders power grab. LIke saying, hey Don't go to Church in groups of 50 or more. But, shop to your hearts content in groups of 75-100 at Home Depot or WalMart. Just don't buy Paint or Grass seed? Then there are So, called Health Professionals whom stand on their Soapbox, to scorn others for standing on their soapbox. Dear Healthcare providers, where do you find the time? After all of the above interactions with people, I have found some folks are self centered and expect you to live by their standards. It does NOT matter that your life, and theirs are totally different. You are wrong, for NOT doing as they do. I guess I am wrong, then. OH, Well! I personally have little to no confidence, in the 'Were ALL Going to Die!", hyteria. In fact I believe, and there is proof to this. That the Numbers of Deaths have been Fudged. Either HIGHER to get more Federal Money, or LOWER to gain Public Trust, that ALL is well. So, come Visit us soon. When I saw Dr. Birx say that unlike other countries. The USA marks deaths as Covid-19 deaths, even if the Person had life Long Health Issues, like Heart, Lung, or Kidney Diease. If they were exposed to Covid-19, then we mark it as a Covid-19 death. The Problem is that by siding on the side of caution, the Good Doctor has set the stage for others to overinflate Death Numbers. In many states, they have recalculated Death Numbers, based on if the person had per-existing conditions. They found tha some Covid-19 deaths were recorded for folks under Hospice Care. In other words, these folks were in their Final days, before Covisd-19. In the states that re-calculated. Deaths are 50-75% less then the original count. What does this ALL mean? Simple, enjoy Life. Wash your hands, Wear a Mask when needed, Keep your distance, and Above ALL don't be afraid of your own shadow. Folks have said much here about the "SPREAD". You know what? Nothing is 100% safe. So why stress?
Old 05-22-2020, 06:25 AM   #414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe306tow View Post
This thread has been going on nearly as long as the Virus itself. What I have found here is what I have found in Society in General. 1.) Some folks buying into the Covid-19 hysteria All the way, "If you leave your home, you are going to die or be the cause of others deaths." 2.) Some folks are saying: "This is the Luminatti , and the One World Government trying to show you whom is in charge! Fight, Resist, Protest." 3.) Middle of the Road: "While I can see how, this Virus can be deadly to some, I will need to keep going, to feed my family and do my job. I will do what I can to protect others by social distancing." The forth group is folks from both extremes, that want to control others. Either by extreme orders that seem to NOT have anything to do with the Virus itself, but some leaders power grab. LIke saying, hey Don't go to Church in groups of 50 or more. But, shop to your hearts content in groups of 75-100 at Home Depot or WalMart. Just don't buy Paint or Grass seed? Then there are So, called Health Professionals whom stand on their Soapbox, to scorn others for standing on their soapbox. Dear Healthcare providers, where do you find the time? After all of the above interactions with people, I have found some folks are self centered and expect you to live by their standards. It does NOT matter that your life, and theirs are totally different. You are wrong, for NOT doing as they do. I guess I am wrong, then. OH, Well! I personally have little to no confidence, in the 'Were ALL Going to Die!", hyteria. In fact I believe, and there is proof to this. That the Numbers of Deaths have been Fudged. Either HIGHER to get more Federal Money, or LOWER to gain Public Trust, that ALL is well. So, come Visit us soon. When I saw Dr. Birx say that unlike other countries. The USA marks deaths as Covid-19 deaths, even if the Person had life Long Health Issues, like Heart, Lung, or Kidney Diease. If they were exposed to Covid-19, then we mark it as a Covid-19 death. The Problem is that by siding on the side of caution, the Good Doctor has set the stage for others to overinflate Death Numbers. In many states, they have recalculated Death Numbers, based on if the person had per-existing conditions. They found tha some Covid-19 deaths were recorded for folks under Hospice Care. In other words, these folks were in their Final days, before Covisd-19. In the states that re-calculated. Deaths are 50-75% less then the original count. What does this ALL mean? Simple, enjoy Life. Wash your hands, Wear a Mask when needed, Keep your distance, and Above ALL don't be afraid of your own shadow. Folks have said much here about the "SPREAD". You know what? Nothing is 100% safe. So why stress?
Sure hope the moderators do not consider this "political" and delete it because this covers all the bases of this "crisis". This should be mandatory reading for everyone.
ItalGerBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 06:43 AM   #415

This site shows daily changes in new cases, by State, among other graphs.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...-us-cases.html

Yesterday the US had over 25,000 new cases.
We here in Montana don't even make any of the graphs but locally a few days ago we had some male come home from out of country, didn't quarantine, and spread the virus to 5 other males, and the contact list caused 30 others to quarantine.
We've done sine camping, but doing it differently than we normally would. The last time out we had a class A with toad pull in to next site. Single elderly female with small dog. She was from Spokane and heading for the Black Hills. Any chance she could be "shipping" someone a nasty surprise?
We open up on June first and I expect to see lots of out if state plates around here. Maybe we can become graphed like those other states.
Old 05-22-2020, 07:14 AM   #416

Joe306- Okay, agreed, good comment. Then for those that want everyone to stay home indefinitely, here is your proof that you should do so. A few days ago the news was released that the wife of astronaut John Glenn, Annie Glenn, died of the virus at her nursing home in St. Paul, MN. She was 100 years old. RIP Annie, you are not a joke but an example of ridiculous reporting.
Old 05-22-2020, 08:31 AM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass player View Post
I would think that you would want to get out of Palm Desert for the Summer.

How about the Northern California Coast? Anyplace north of San Francisco to the Oregon Border or along the Highway 101 corridor up in that region. Less people to deal with and spectacular scenery.

Yes we do, it’s been our lifestyle for the last 9 years. Question is, will the things we have planned to travel and see this year be open for us to enjoy or not, if not, maybe we find a place (maybe the beach) to park the coach chill.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:43 AM   #418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl II View Post
Joe306- Okay, agreed, good comment. Then for those that want everyone to stay home indefinitely, here is your proof that you should do so. A few days ago the news was released that the wife of astronaut John Glenn, Annie Glenn, died of the virus at her nursing home in St. Paul, MN. She was 100 years old. RIP Annie, you are not a joke but an example of ridiculous reporting.

My understanding is new case data is also corrupted by the antibody tests. Positive antibody tests are counted as new cases, rather than as recovered cases or as stand alone stats.
MrsChilerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 08:51 AM   #419

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
If you want a safe place to go this summer, Death Valley would be it. The crowds are down and the heat kills the virus.
That's ironic poetry (almost like something Graham Chapman or Eric Idle would have written) "Come to Death Valley, you'll live longer!"
Old 05-22-2020, 08:58 AM   #420

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJohn13 View Post
I started making reservations 6 months ago for a trip from Texas to Rocky Mountain National Park and as far north as Glacier National Park. I have reservations for every night from June 20 until September 9th. Several of our stops are at Mineral Hot Springs resorts. I had never been to one until last fall. We are in our 60's. We have not yet decided what to do. What if we both became seriously ill with Covid-19 and physically couldn't drive our motorhome? I am having a real struggle with this. We have a 24' self contained Class C with a great solar set-up, so most of our campsite reservations are in National Forest campgrounds. I feel like we could enjoy hanging out just at out campsite away from others most of the time, but not sure if it is too risky. I think a trip to the grocery story could be a likely place to contract the disease, and one must go to the store. Long story short...undecided.
A worthy and informative read that may help you better understand and manage Covid-19 associated risks.

Note: the below quoted text is from the blog posted by Erin Bromage, a Comparative Immunologist and Professor of Biology (specializing in Immunology) at the University of Massachusetts.

"So now let’s get to the crux of it. Where are the personal dangers from reopening?"

" Ignoring the terrible outbreaks in nursing homes, we find that the biggest outbreaks are in prisons, religious ceremonies, and workplaces, such as meat packing facilities and call centers. Any environment that is enclosed, with poor air circulation and high density of people, spells trouble."

I would add that a work location may have good overall circulation, with a few internal workspaces that have poor air circulation. Restrooms, closets, etcetera, are notorious for high-touch, low circulation.

https://www.erinbromage.com/post/the...hem-avoid-them
rosebud1218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel