Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2020, 04:22 PM   #57

Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlott2k View Post
You can tap his name , then tap the 3 dots in the top corner and block him.

Wondering what I said that was in error. Happy to correct and ask admins to delete my post, if someone can direct me to site with different numbers at the time I made the post.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2020, 10:02 PM   #58

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Some struggle with affording insurance vs. Food, others struggle to decide between cancer treatment (that weakens the immune system) and seeing friends and family. I guess I can always talk to them on the phone....😀
Old 03-18-2020, 07:51 AM   #59

Commercial Member

Here is a proven model of how to get a handle on infections. The problem appears to be that our Doctor-in chief does not want to listen to any Asian experts.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...et-its-success

Isn't it time to do what is right and do what is needed for Americans rather than continue with racist comments like "China Virus"?

The S. Korea model works and saves lives and doesn't crash our health care system as we see in Italy. It appears we only have a week to get this in place to avoid complete catastrophic.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:05 AM   #60

We live in a very remote place and came down with a bad cough and stuff last week and called our doctor and they said if we had not traveled abroad we not worry.
Also I have slight asthma and my wife has MS and we are just over 60..
I still ask to be tested and they said they had no way to test anyway..
Today we still have coughs and slight fevers but are surviving and have not left the house for a week that is normal for us being retired...

Bottom line we are waiting to be tested somehow and have no idea how yet so we can get milk and other things so we do not spread this..

The world health organization says test... test... test.....
So all of you that have been every place with lots of people you have no idea if you are a carrier..
Also remember if somehow you do get a positive test you must inform who you have been in contact with......Just my 2 Jay
Old 03-18-2020, 09:24 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireman9 View Post
Wondering what I said that was in error. Happy to correct and ask admins to delete my post, if someone can direct me to site with different numbers at the time I made the post.

Sorry wasn’t referring to you but about the poster you responded to.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:29 AM   #62

SF Bay Area Lock-Down, but Life must go on

We live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and are under Shelter-in-Place orders, that will be gently enforce by police as of midnight the 18th.

But,... My 74 year old mother had a tooth snap off at the roots yesterday. Her dentist has schedule emergency dental surgery today. Will be defying that edict today to get her to the dentist.

Corona virus, coved-19 or Hunan virus. What ever you call it, politically correct or not. My elderly mother needs the ride stat.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Gardiner View Post
We live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and are under Shelter-in-Place orders, that will be gently enforce by police as of midnight the 18th.

But,... My 74 year old mother had a tooth snap off at the roots yesterday. Her dentist has schedule emergency dental surgery today. Will be defying that edict today to get her to the dentist.

Corona virus, coved-19 or Hunan virus. What ever you call it, politically correct or not. My elderly mother needs the ride stat.

And these are the common sense exclusions that need to be accepted.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:33 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post

I’m going to add some important information to this. The entire US Pandemic Response Team was fired two years ago and the department disbanded.

That fact is worth re-posting. The PRT would have had a national response plan ready to implement which would have averted all this panic buying and local confusion.
Old 03-18-2020, 11:42 AM   #65

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindstone01 View Post
That fact is worth re-posting. The PRT would have had a national response plan ready to implement which would have averted all this panic buying and local confusion.
Yep- some folks are penny wise and mega-dollar stupid. You can't fix being stupid.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 03-18-2020, 12:24 PM   #66
tcg

There are so many topics in this forum, I'll just leave this here.

I was working at a shop today and for about 2 hours I was right near a bathroom. It's a single toilet, single sink bathroom.

By my count, about 90% of the people that used it did not wash their hands when the exited. I know this because you can hear the toilet flush and then the sink and then the paper towel dispenser. You would hear the toilet flush and then the person would exit immediately with no sound from the sink or paper towel dispenser.

If people can't even practice that very basic bit of personal hygiene how on earth are we going to get them to wash their hands to help prevent the spread of this virus?
Old 03-18-2020, 12:31 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcg View Post
There are so many topics in this forum, I'll just leave this here.

I was working at a shop today and for about 2 hours I was right near a bathroom. It's a single toilet, single sink bathroom.

By my count, about 90% of the people that used it did not wash their hands when the exited. I know this because you can hear the toilet flush and then the sink and then the paper towel dispenser. You would hear the toilet flush and then the person would exit immediately with no sound from the sink or paper towel dispenser.

If people can't even practice that very basic bit of personal hygiene how on earth are we going to get them to wash their hands to help prevent the spread of this virus?
Thats why this pandemic will last the rest of the year and 100's of 1000's will be sick.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:42 PM   #68

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
They didn't want to touch the sink taps!

Your lucky they flushed the toilet !
Old 03-18-2020, 12:45 PM   #69

Worldwide, raidio said 200,000 confermed cases.
That was at 5:00 AM Pacific time.
scrapperjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 01:35 PM   #70

Coronavirus is everywhere!

State by state Campground closure website. https://www.campendium.com/camping/c...res-responses/
Closed Thread