Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2020, 06:30 PM   #1

Coronavirus is everywhere!

My wife went to the local Rite Aid to get a prescription filled. Near the druggist was a man hacking and coughing, of course not covering his cough at all. She went directly to the front of the store to get away. When they called her to pick up the prescription the man was still there hacking and coughing. Well its day 12 for her and no sign of letting up. Called her primary care physician and was told to self quarantine. He said test kits weren't available. So much for modern medicine. Anyway the man's wife was with him and there was no reason for him to expose himself to others as his wife could have picked up whatever he needed. Keep vigilant people! Get out if there is someone who is coughing in public. It is out there in numbers that are far greater than expected!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2020, 06:46 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
My wife went to the local Rite Aid to get a prescription filled. Near the druggist was a man hacking and coughing, of course not covering his cough at all. She went directly to the front of the store to get away. When they called her to pick up the prescription the man was still there hacking and coughing. Well its day 12 for her and no sign of letting up. Called her primary care physician and was told to self quarantine. He said test kits weren't available. So much for modern medicine. Anyway the man's wife was with him and there was no reason for him to expose himself to others as his wife could have picked up whatever he needed. Keep vigilant people! Get out if there is someone who is coughing in public. It is out there in numbers that are far greater than expected!
Okay, I have my best not to comment with statements like yours... Fill us in... does your wife really have the Wuhan Coronavirus? Did the person coughing have it? I would think with all of the coverage on CNN/MSLSD/FoxNews, if you passed this information along, you would be on the news tomorrow. Please let us know the details. This is California and the governor has declared a state emergency so you would be first in line in if you or your spouse have it.
Old 03-11-2020, 06:49 PM   #3
tcg

If no one was tested how do you know it was coronavirus and not just a common cold?
Old 03-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
I hope it isn't the flu. This years strain has been particularly deadly and no one is paying any attention to that.
Old 03-11-2020, 07:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdracr39 View Post
I hope it isn't the flu. This years strain has been particularly deadly and no one is paying any attention to that.
of course not. why should they...it’s JUST the flu. nobody dies from the flu.

i was in a local Wally this morning doing some regular non-panic shopping. decided to take a look at the TP aisle just for the heck of it. wow! it looked like a horde of TP-eating locusts had come thru!
Old 03-11-2020, 07:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
My wife went to the local Rite Aid to get a prescription filled. Near the druggist was a man hacking and coughing, of course not covering his cough at all.
he could have copd or a cold or nothing. however it is good to be diligent and aware of your surroundings, just wash your hands
Old 03-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #7

My lifestyle isn't going to change over an over-hyped illness. And that's just what it is.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:02 PM   #8

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I have Fibrosis of the lungs and yes I cough at times. I try to cover up but I try to curtail it. Everyone does not have the corona virus or the flue that coughs.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by V3600 View Post
My lifestyle isn't going to change over an over-hyped illness. And that's just what it is.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

This. Unfortunately the actions of others affects those of us continuing to live life normally.
I just wish other people would calm down & stop buying inordinate amounts of tp. I just want 1 package but all the panickers keep buying tp in big numbers till they are out.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:11 PM   #10
tcg

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5c5 View Post

I just wish other people would calm down & stop buying inordinate amounts of tp. I just want 1 package but all the panickers keep buying tp in big numbers till they are out.

I've had a bidet for a year that I keep putting off installing. Might have to if we can't get toilet paper.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:36 PM   #11

Yup, 100,000 or so people worldwide come down with corona virus and there are no more surgical masks or TP to be had.

30 million people have HIV, and still no one wants to wear a condom.

Seriously, this is less deadly than the flu (more then 20,000 deaths in the US in 2019 alone), and all of the US deaths have been elderly or immuno-compromised. All 38 of them.

At least people are washing their hands, maybe this ridiculous panic will curtail the flu season and actually do some good.

Enjoy hiding in your paranoia holes, I'll be out enjoying the world.
Old 03-11-2020, 08:50 PM   #12

Here’s an educated scientific response to Covid-19.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told lawmakers Wednesday that the U.S. has yet to see the worst of the new coronavirus outbreak. He explained that any time there is an outbreak with enough cases of “community spread,” which means the source of the infection is unknown, “you’re not going to able to effectively and efficiently contain it.”

How much worse will depend on the ability of the U.S. to contain the influx of infected people from other countries and the ability to contain and mitigate the virus here.

“Bottom line: It’s going to get worse,” he said.

Seasonal flu has a fatality rate of less than 1%. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases on Capitol Hill, estimates that the fatality rate of flu is closer to 0.1%. But even accounting for the mild, yet undiagnosed cases of COVID-19, he said Wednesday, it would still make it “roughly 10 times more lethal than the seasonal flu.”

Another reason not to compare the two viruses: Influenza has likely been around for more than 2,000 years. Scientists say the “novel influenza A viruses” in humans lead to a pandemic approximately once every 40 years. But, again, flu vaccines exist. “The flu has been with us since the birth of modern medicine,” said Adalja.

I’m going to add some important information to this. The entire US Pandemic Response Team was fired two years ago and the department disbanded.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:16 PM   #13

This virus is much wider spread than people think. How long was the virus really in China before it was reported to the rest of the world? During that unknown time how many interactions occurred between Chinese and other people around the world who then interacted with more people before the virus was identified?

I was involved with the initial discovery of the Emerald Ash Borer. While authorities were focusing on Detroit(we've got it contained), it was already far into Ohio and the rest of Michigan.
Old 03-11-2020, 09:20 PM   #14
tcg

We should have a vaccine or cure any day now, a rich movie star and his wife just tested positive.
Closed Thread