Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2020, 03:24 PM   #1

Coronavirus prep...

...what if anything are you planning ?

I have 4 boxes of N-95

thinking the boondockers will survive, find a place 50 miles from the nearest city, plant yourself and ride it out.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
15 million Americans are infected with the flu, and "More than 80,000 Americans died of the flu in the winter of 2017-2018, the highest number in over a decade, federal health officials said last week." NYT

I hope to live long enough for the Coronavirus to kill me.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Staying away from large crowds, malls and festivals for the time being.
Old 02-26-2020, 03:49 PM   #4

Don't drink the Kool-aid.
Old 02-26-2020, 04:58 PM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Just use common sense around others that are sick and coughing/sneezing. Wash you hands, keep your hands out of your facial area, etc.

Wear a face mask if it makes you feel better....it won't prevent you from the virus.

Worst thing is to panic and cause one.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:12 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by riverforest View Post
...what if anything are you planning ?

I have 4 boxes of N-95

thinking the boondockers will survive, find a place 50 miles from the nearest city, plant yourself and ride it out.

Where'd you find them?
There sold out everywhere I've looked either locally or online.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:17 PM   #7

My late mother was a nurse and I still have a few of her books. I'm planning on reviewing the chapters on Infection Control, then I'm going to google that topic for an update... with a emphasis on respiratory infections.

Mike
Old 02-26-2020, 05:33 PM   #8

I'm a full timer so last week I bought a three week supply of extra nonperishable food, it's the same stuff I eat all the time so it's not like it will go to waste if I don't need it. And I've also heard that the N95 masks won't help with this virus. You could say it will make you feel better, which is always good. On the other hand it might give you a false sense of security and make you go places you shouldn't have.

I lived in Miami Florida for many years and I've seen what happens when people think a hurricane is coming and wipe out grocery store shelves in a couple of days. So I don't really fear the Coronavirus, I fear panicked people creating a shortage where there is none. Does anyone remember the great toilet paper shortage of 1973, I do, there was plenty of toilet paper until everybody ran out and bought 100 rolls of it based on a rumor.

Since I'm a boondocker I plan on staying away from people if times get tough which is pretty easy for a boondocker.

theboondork.com
Old 02-26-2020, 05:37 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjclarke696 View Post
Where'd you find them?
There sold out everywhere I've looked either locally or online.

wife was a nurse, they are not latex free so the hospital needed to get rid of them. but this was like 10 years ago but they still look good, kinda dusty though.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:48 PM   #10

I am going to stock up on finely ground black pepper because it makes me sneeze. Any time I find myself in a crowded situation like a long line at the checkout counter I will take a quick sniff of the pepper, sneeze, and watch everyone ahead of me in the line run away in a panic. It will also work to keep the seats beside me empty at concerts, movies, and heaven forbid, if I have to use public transportation. It is going replace body odor as my go to privacy weapon.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:49 PM   #11

Yes
Many schools closed for a time, some for a week.
This issue seldom made national news.
Keep in mind the talking points and polotics
Surounding the Ebola virus.
The unknown
The fear
The uncertainty less facts can create a Mob reaction.

Like the flu
It affects persons,groups with lower immune systems .
Very young and very old persons

80,000 can die of the flu.in a season.
But look at the response this week to this strain.

1. Stay away from specific bars and night clubs.
2. Shop for healthy food at down times.
3. Choose carefully the restaurants you eat at.
Many dont do restaurants or bars.
Thats good.
4. Eat healthy and watch for symptoms.
5. Get plenty of rest.

Considering all of the above [emoji6][emoji848][emoji41]

We wont change our daily habits one bit.
And I haven't flied commercial for 20 years anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
15 million Americans are infected with the flu, and "More than 80,000 Americans died of the flu in the winter of 2017-2018, the highest number in over a decade, federal health officials said last week." NYT

I hope to live long enough for the Coronavirus to kill me.
Old 02-26-2020, 05:57 PM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
yep follow good old practice of wash you hands ALOT, don't touch everything,

we are sort of isolated in a rural area, but other illnesses spread fast here as they do elsewhere.

most around us only go to town once a week or less. we ave food reserves for months if required, fuel and a source of fresh water.

if needed

we also AVOID hospitals and doctors offices during the flu season unless we just have to go

common sense and good practices

the presser a bit ago does seem to either scare you or give you sense of good depending on your political views

we all do not really trust the gov, but i am happy folks are being quarantined and checked

granted our yearly flu kills 20 to 40k a year...WOW.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

Old 02-26-2020, 06:09 PM   #13

Best to grab a couple extra rolls of bum wad just in case I guess. Average age the disease affects is 55. It says 80% are over the age of 60, and 75% of them have asthma, diabetes, and other existing health conditions. Children seem to very low on the risk level. The fact that it continues to spread across the world is a slight cause for concern. We will have to wait and see what the next couple weeks looks like. Some woman flew into Toronto today from Iran, then showed up at the hospital sick. She tested positive. I sure would be nervous if I had just flew in from Iran on that plane. That's how it continues to jump. Hopefully, it will start a downward curve.
Old 02-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #14

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I'm going to start eating sardines!

No one will come near me !
Closed Thread