Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2020, 05:49 AM   #57

I just put gas in my at Sam's Club in Hickory NC for $1.78 per gallon. On 3/6 I paid $1.99 in Lincolnton NC. I filled up my bus for $2.046 per gallon in Newton on 3/7. With the added 6 cents for my TSD fuel card that is $2.10 per gallon. I was able to get in 150 gallons.
Prof_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-16-2020, 07:35 AM   #58

Fuel in Italy

While we are normally in the Ft. Worth area with our Tiffin Alegro 35 footer, we are now in Amalfi Italy. We filled up our little Fiat rental car for 1.86 Euros per liter. This comes out to about $7 to $8 per gallon. I guess that is one reason we haven't seen many RVs here.
shainker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:04 AM   #59

Our MH had been in Tulsa, OK since Thanksgiving getting some needed repairs. Our plans were to fly there and drive back to South Texas in prep for our return to Colorado Mountains for the summer changed with the CV scare. I would not get into a flying germ tube on a bet now so we pulled our 20 ft car hauler up and trailed the toad back. We have self quarantined since returning. We saw a lot less traffic than normal going and return trip that took us through Ft Worth Tx which can be a parking lot at times. Wife and I are blessed with good health in our early 80s but we aren’t going to our regular dances right now.

Trees
bgtrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 12:41 AM   #60

Thor Owners Club
Silverdale, WA Costco diesel $2.559 less the 4% rebate with Citi Costco Visa card.
Penguin30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:12 PM   #61

Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
This is a short term issue.

I'm actually more concerned with USA crude producers as some will surely go under with the current prices. Once enough go under, when prices recover, the US will again be dependent on foreign oil and the prices will go up far beyond what we have become use to.

I did fill up with gas last Monday, $1.88 a gallon. Diesel was $2.17
So here is how it works. If foreign producers can sell for less than us production. Then we leave our oil in the ground. If they raise prices to where we can bring in our oil cheaper then we will. We will never be the abused country again with our vast reserves . That’s how supply and demand works. Foreign countries need our money and they really can’t control the high price any longer. They can only control low prices. If all our current companies go into bankruptcy don’t you think there will be American buyers.
Long live American oil.
dsavage74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #62

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsavage74 View Post
So here is how it works. If foreign producers can sell for less than us production. Then we leave our oil in the ground. If they raise prices to where we can bring in our oil cheaper then we will. We will never be the abused country again with our vast reserves . That’s how supply and demand works. Foreign countries need our money and they really can’t control the high price any longer. They can only control low prices. If all our current companies go into bankruptcy don’t you think there will be American buyers.
Long live American oil.

Sorta but its not that easy. The main reason the US is again competitive is the shale prodution in north DK. That cant be profitable below about 35$ per barrel. The saudis can still turn a profit below 20$ a barrel prob. And whats left of the russian production can still make it worth their time to allow it go to 30$ for a while just to drive out some of the smaller guys (lik e shale producers).

So, can the shale production stop when it STAYs below 30 and then restart later, yes, but there's gonna be a few thousand in the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakken_Formation that will be out of work very soon if thats the case..
Old 03-17-2020, 06:06 PM   #63

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy braden View Post
Sorta but its not that easy. The main reason the US is again competitive is the shale prodution in north DK. That cant be profitable below about 35$ per barrel. The saudis can still turn a profit below 20$ a barrel prob. And whats left of the russian production can still make it worth their time to allow it go to 30$ for a while just to drive out some of the smaller guys (lik e shale producers).

So, can the shale production stop when it STAYs below 30 and then restart later, yes, but there's gonna be a few thousand in the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakken_Formation that will be out of work very soon if thats the case..

and according to DOE
the US imports XXX million of raw crude, then refines it to export xxx of finished product. its nice to be on the good side again.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 06:09 PM   #64

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
and according to DOE
the US imports XXX million of raw crude, then refines it to export xxx of finished product. its nice to be on the good side again.
You didnt really offer anything definitive there my man. As I said, the SHALE production is more than the US imports. So we are a net EXPORTER of petroleum products.

It doesnt really matter who's on 'top' now. It comes down to who can do it for how much per barrel..

Which is what I said above..

And thats not a number that is static ..or we would not be here
NOW..

Enjoy it while you can bud.
Old 03-17-2020, 06:30 PM   #65

$ 1.59 for e10 here in OKC, diesel under 2 bucks now
Mcgee43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:11 AM   #66

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lowest price around here is $1.75 at Costco in Brighton, MI (west of Detroit). We're staying home as much as possible so I looked it up on Gas Buddy.
permitwriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:21 AM   #67

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by shainker View Post
While we are normally in the Ft. Worth area with our Tiffin Alegro 35 footer, we are now in Amalfi Italy. We filled up our little Fiat rental car for 1.86 Euros per liter. This comes out to about $7 to $8 per gallon. I guess that is one reason we haven't seen many RVs here.
Wow, be safe. Italy is hit hard by the coronavirus. I have relatives in Montescaglioso. It's near Matera, about an hour north of the instep, not too far from where you're at.

Ha, ha. Just like here in Michigan, using body parts to give directions.
permitwriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 03:17 PM   #68

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
I wish in this part of FL, still over $2.30 here in the Peoples Republic of Alachua County.
Come on up to Pensacola, Fl. where we are at 1.86 a gal.
rwdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:01 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh2013 View Post
With the coronavirus going on and the drop in the price of crude oil falling below $33 a barrel. We are seeing gas prices here in Fla. fall below $2.00 a gallon. I always like to look for the good when bad things are happening. What are you paying for gas in your state?
Don’t come to Pennsylvania. Up in Northeast PA they haven’t even dropped the prices more than 10cents.i buy my diesel in Ny State. It’s about 30 cents a gallon lower.
Drive right thru to NY State.
If your heading south get enough fuel to get to Mount Jackson, VA on I 81.
The Sheets Truck Stop there is about $1.00 cheeper than anyone in PA.
Just be ready to sit behind all the 18wheelers that stop there too.
It’s rush hour 24 / 7
2cyber71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 04:19 PM   #70

Ga price and politics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
[snipped]
but please folks, lets remain calm, reasonable and above all; civil. Keep politics out of this per the forum rules and remember... Wash your hands
When dealing with politics (and politicians) washing your hands often is a good idea. Politics is a filthy business! LOL
Dave Dopp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel