Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-14-2020, 10:43 AM   #15

Some can't breath thru masks....face shields zdo not work.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2020, 11:09 AM   #16

Yes some can't breath well with a cloth mask. Face shields still help. If you sneeze behind a face shield the particles won't go flying through the air. Some will escape but not the majority. Every little bit helps those around you.

It's not a law that you can't see your family. It's a recommended guideline. You won't go to jail. We all have to choose whats right for our situation. Just like in Oregon, only certain counties are now under a partial lock down.

I don't get all wigged out over what some politician says. Both sides are playing the Covid for their benefit. But it's easy to see which side is more concerned about our health.

No one's going to jail because there's 7 people at Thanksgiving dinner. But I sure wouldn't want to be the guy that has to explain why I was at a large family gathering where many of those there got sick and several went to the hospital.
Cumminsfan is online now   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 11:31 AM   #17

I see people driving in their cars alone. by themselves mind you. wearing a mask.Is there any possible scientific advantage to do this that would slow the spread of this virus??
jeanluc001 is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 12:55 PM   #18

We've progress a lot since these days but... as we still don't have a vaccine and covid-19 has mutated as least once, I, for the sake of maybe, will wear my mask when I venture out in public. I don't want to bring anything home to the family.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish...ave-resurgence
DKB218NYC is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 01:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanluc001 View Post
I see people driving in their cars alone. by themselves mind you. wearing a mask.Is there any possible scientific advantage to do this that would slow the spread of this virus??
They could be comfortable wearing it and are inbetween going to stores, etc. and just didn't remove it.
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 01:25 PM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
So Washington state or any other state clamps down, closes borders and business and the numbers go down. Great. Then they open back up and the numbers go back up. So they close back down. Up, down, up, down. How long do we do that dance? I can see how people get "just over it" and give up. It's been almost a year, is it any better? If we don't get a vaccine that works our way of life will die, if it hasn't already been wounded to death.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 01:39 PM   #21

Tiffin Owners Club
We are still planning on heading to the desert after Christmas, but we do intend on making our stay shorter than usual. Many of the places we might have gone are closed anyway, so why not? We have already cancelled extended family Thanksgiving and we have semi-cancelled extended family Christmas. However we have started talking about why we just might stay home this winter. Travel restrictions in AZ or CA will be the reasons if we cancel. If we can just get through this until summer by which time many will have been vaccinated, we will be able to have some normality. The question is how many people will die or have serious long-term complications before then.
UTTransplant is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 03:17 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
So Washington state or any other state clamps down, closes borders and business and the numbers go down. Great. Then they open back up and the numbers go back up. So they close back down. Up, down, up, down. How long do we do that dance? I can see how people get "just over it" and give up. It's been almost a year, is it any better? If we don't get a vaccine that works our way of life will die, if it hasn't already been wounded to death.
All great points. Times are chaotic to say the least. A vaccine is very close to being made public, but even then it may take a year or two before the results bare fruit.

Not everyone will take it, even if proven safe. Combine Covid with the flu and winters are going to be a mess.

FWIW I got my flu shot 3 weeks ago and while talking with the pharmacist that issued the shot, he told me he wasn't going to personally get a Covid shot from the 1st batch. Hmmm. Thats not too comforting.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:14 PM   #23

Unfortunately, it isn’t necessary to travel to another state to transmit the virus. It can be accomplished at a neighbors dinner party, a family birthday party, a restaurant or a golf course, for example. So, everyone can stay close to home and spread at will.

It’s the same virus in one state as it is in another. It really doesn’t matter if someone shows up from another state or not.

I’ve been working in a project for more than 8 weeks in So Cal. Our workforce numbers more than 250. Everyone gets tested on Monday, about half that number also gets tested on Wednesday and Friday. We work about 50 hours a week, M-F. So far we’ve worked one Saturday and we’ll be working this Saturday as well. We wear masks and face shields and attempt to maintain a distance of 6’ from each other. The 6’ distancing is all but impossible. Some of us are often shoulder to shoulder or well within 6’ of each other for a majority the day.

We have had 5 positive test results. One is believed to have been a false positive as that person was being tested 3X a week and tested negative on the next 3 tests after the positive result, as well as having a negative result on a test for a separate employer during the same period. All persons believed to have been in close contact with those who had positive results were removed from the project for 2 weeks.

Initially, I questioned the idea of wearing a mask. Based on my recent work experience and work with our Health and Safety team, I no longer question the usefulness of wearing a mask when being within 6’ of anyone who does not live in my house. You can get it from, or give it to, your best friend, grandmother, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, aunt or anyone else whether you know them or not.

Personally, I believe that the state to state travel restrictions are ineffective. It isn’t where you go, it’s what you do when you get there.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 04:23 PM   #24

I have to walk back my "Not going to jail" opinion. Looks like a fine and or jail time is possible, although highly unlikely, if you're at a large gathering in Oregon. Going to be an interesting Thanksgiving in Oregon.
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...us-freeze.html
Old 11-14-2020, 04:26 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanluc001 View Post
It could be a vehicle that is shared with someone who lives outside their household, or a work vehicle, Lyft, Uber or a food delivery service. They may be following a required protocol.

Our work involves shared vehicles at times, sometimes to transport employees or other situations. We have a designated person to disinfect and sanitize each vehicle whenever there is a change in personnel.
Old 11-14-2020, 04:48 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
I have to walk back my "Not going to jail" opinion. Looks like a fine and or jail time is possible, although highly unlikely, if you're at a large gathering in Oregon. Going to be an interesting Thanksgiving in Oregon.
https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavir...us-freeze.html
There should be no doubt that a tremendous amount of cases are coming from small, medium and large social gatherings where people are not following anti-social distancing or mask wearing recommendations. It is unlikely that the authorities will be able to monitor and fine or imprison people who choose to participate in these types of events.

The threats of punishment may discourage some, but not all.

The elephant in the room is that many of these measures are half thought out at best. Imposing restrictions on gatherings and travel, while allowing bars to stay open until 10:00pm is nothing short of sheer madness.

Do they think that the virus can’t be spread at a bar before 10:00pm?
Old 11-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVPioneer View Post
There should be no doubt that a tremendous amount of cases are coming from small, medium and large social gatherings where people are not following anti-social distancing or mask wearing recommendations. It is unlikely that the authorities will be able to monitor and fine or imprison people who choose to participate in these types of events.

The threats of punishment may discourage some, but not all.

The elephant in the room is that many of these measures are half thought out at best. Imposing restrictions on gatherings and travel, while allowing bars to stay open until 10:00pm is nothing short of sheer madness.

Do they think that the virus can’t be spread at a bar before 10:00pm?
Bars will be closed and take out only effective next Wednesday.
Old 11-14-2020, 10:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKB218NYC View Post
We've progress a lot since these days but... as we still don't have a vaccine and covid-19 has mutated as least once, I, for the sake of maybe, will wear my mask when I venture out in public. I don't want to bring anything home to the family.

https://www.history.com/news/spanish...ave-resurgence
Covid-19 is not new or the Spanish Flu. To date only one active duty military has died and he was a 41 yo master chief.

The absurd proposition that covid-19 was the Spanish Flu was presented to justify the panic demic.

Not smallpox or polio. Old people near death are dying.

So we have gone from talking about a disease potentially killing children to talking about a slight increase in the number of cases.

We could talk about the remarkable low death rate but that would not promote a panic demic.

In Nevada and Arizona death are way down. Why is that not being reported?

So your own research for your location.
Closed Thread

Tags
travel, california