Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2020, 02:48 PM   #1

Outdoors RV Owners Club
COVID-19 Travel Advisory Washington Oregon and California

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/cali...arantine-.html

https://www.governor.wa.gov/sites/de...ce=govdelivery

November 13, 2020
TO: All Washingtonians
SUBJECT: COVID-19 Travel Advisory
The incidence of COVID-19 is increasing in many states and countries. Persons arriving in
Washington from other states, or Washingtonians returning from other states or countries, could
increase the risk of COVID-19 spread. To learn more about the risk that travel itself poses for
COVID-19 exposure, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) page on
travel risks.
Travel Advisory for Non-Essential Travel1
1. Persons arriving in Washington from other states or countries, including returning
Washington residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These
persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This
recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for
essential travel.2
2. Washingtonians are encouraged to stay home or in their region and avoid non-essential
travel to other states or countries. Avoiding travel can reduce the risk of virus
transmission and bringing the virus back to Washington.
camper8251 is offline   Reply
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2020, 03:09 PM   #2

California just announced the pretty much exact same thing!!
Old 11-13-2020, 03:32 PM   #3
NXR

"should instead of "shall" means it's just advisory. For now.

Ray
Old 11-13-2020, 03:37 PM   #4

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
"should instead of "shall" means it's just advisory. For now.

Ray
Kind of why I guess it says Advisory........
Pretty sure it will be ignored by folks in any case......

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/11/13/cali...arantine-.html
camper8251 is offline   Reply
Old 11-13-2020, 04:03 PM   #5

Hopefully, it shouldn't be ignored! People need to get serious about this. They've loosened up and now look at where the country is.
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 11-13-2020, 04:10 PM   #6

People weren't wearing masks......one can find stupid anywhere....in any age group.....see the celebration in NYC?
Bob_C is offline   Reply
Old 11-13-2020, 05:08 PM   #7

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Yep,,, we got to stop the travel out of state. I have canceled all my travel to the PNW all winter. I will limit all travel to the Southwest all winter, close to home. Finally I will be able to get some great suites close to home.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply
Old 11-13-2020, 10:33 PM   #8
NXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by camper8251 View Post
Kind of why I guess it says Advisory........

I did catch that.

I should have asked "What's the point?"

You would have to be living in a very deep hole under the proverbial rock to not know this already.

Ray
Old 11-13-2020, 10:40 PM   #9
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highway 4x4 View Post
Yep,,, we got to stop the travel out of state. I have canceled all my travel to the PNW all winter. I will limit all travel to the Southwest all winter, close to home. Finally I will be able to get some great suites close to home.

Exactly what i was thinking. Now if they’ll just ban air travel, should nicely wrap it up in one neat tidy pkg.
laj is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 09:31 AM   #10

A lockdown is an impossibility. At best, you can partially impose a lockdown on about 30% of the population. The rest still have to go to work. Even those locked down will need to go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, the drive thru, the doctor and other "essential" services. The people that provide those essential services must go to work. The people who provide the support for those services such as truckers and delivery drivers, the people working within the food chain, the people working within the Amazon, Walmart and other big box supply and distribution chains, the utility supply chains, and on and on must continue to work, eat, travel and communicate. The military must continue to function. Police and fire must continue to work. The government will have to continue. Unless the collective "we" want to actually lock down to the point you cannot leave your home and are willing to accept that should any service or necessity run out or fail you must do without until the lockdown ends, a lockdown will not end this virus. Our society is too inter-related and intertwined for a lockdown to sufficiently isolate enough people to prevent the spread of a contagion that is widely dispersed like Covid-19.
williesun is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 09:42 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by williesun View Post
A lockdown is an impossibility. At best, you can partially impose a lockdown on about 30% of the population. The rest still have to go to work. Even those locked down will need to go to the grocery store, the pharmacy, the drive thru, the doctor and other "essential" services. The people that provide those essential services must go to work. The people who provide the support for those services such as truckers and delivery drivers, the people working within the food chain, the people working within the Amazon, Walmart and other big box supply and distribution chains, the utility supply chains, and on and on must continue to work, eat, travel and communicate. The military must continue to function. Police and fire must continue to work. The government will have to continue. Unless the collective "we" want to actually lock down to the point you cannot leave your home and are willing to accept that should any service or necessity run out or fail you must do without until the lockdown ends, a lockdown will not end this virus. Our society is too inter-related and intertwined for a lockdown to sufficiently isolate enough people to prevent the spread of a contagion that is widely dispersed like Covid-19.
Excellent summation!
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 10:25 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
I live in Washington and Jay Inslees' a joke. He can take his lock down mask/mandates and stick them up his covid hole, and all you chicken little's better start buying toilet paper again.
Why don't you want to wear a mask?
A proper mask helps stop the spread of Covid.
I wear one whenever I go into a store. 99.9% of everyone else in the stores I go to wear one too.
Cumminsfan is offline   Reply
Old 11-14-2020, 10:26 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Thread Reminder!

See below from the Readme in the Covid Section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Please read carefully:

Because of the very high interest and posting activity regarding COVID-19, the site team has established this temporary new forum to contain all threads related to this topic. We have moved existing threads on this topic to this new forum and will continue to move posts and new threads to this area of the forum, regardless of where they were initially posted.

All Community Rules will be strictly enforced in this forum. Posts in violation of the rules may be deleted without notification based on the judgment of the moderators. In addition, posts that exhibit fear-mongering or other anti-social behavior may result in the author’s posting privileges being restricted. Please be especially cautious about posting politically charged content and be sure to report problem posts.

There has been a lot of very useful information and perspective shared here on this topic, but unfortunately also a good bit that does not meet our standards. Please respect your fellow members by thinking through this before posting:

- Is it true?
- Is it helpful?
- Is it kind?

If you have any questions about this, feel free to message any moderator.

Wishing good health to all,
The Moderator Team

P.S. Now go wash your hands!
Old 11-14-2020, 10:41 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cumminsfan View Post
Why don't you want to wear a mask?
A proper mask helps stop the spread of Covid.
I wear one whenever I go into a store. 99.9% of everyone else in the stores I go to wear one too.
I agree, BUT, when the powers that be start to limit my contact with my family members, close or extended in MY HOME, who have been recently tested, and walk all over my rights of assembly WITHOUT proper laws being passed and tested in courts, that limitation just will not happen. There are many experts out there grinding their own personal axe for their own purposes and many politicians are quoting that for their own questionable purposes. That sort of a "ITS A DECREE BECAUSE I SAID SO" is not going to fly in my world.
Pigman1 is offline   Reply
Closed Thread

Tags
travel, california