Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-26-2020, 09:21 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofun View Post
Not sure if you're doing Oregon but be aware that some parks are not taking out of state RVers, and the Gov has said she's considering restricting out of state travelers from entering OR. Not sure how she plans to do that, though. Google for latest updates. Seems to happen each week here in Oregon, like this weekend with new mask requirements.
Came up US-395 Friday. One state park was closed. I have stopped there before and it was never very crowded.

I used a rest area and there are many places that had empty spots.

It may be that eastern Oregon just ignores the governor.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-26-2020, 09:27 PM   #16

As they should.......can't post here on real thoughts.....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:10 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
What do you propose? To just let everyone make up their own rules?
Old 07-26-2020, 11:20 PM   #18

Might start with using common sense, which is in short supply there....
Bob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 12:17 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamJam1 View Post
What do you propose? To just let everyone make up their own rules?
Yes, sounds like the American way.

Government regulations are subject a process that provides for public input.

For example, in May I could go boating and not camping. Now I can also camp where I boat.

Restricting travel to and from nursing homes may make hospitals beds available. It look to me that denying human contact for old people dieing is cruel and unusual punishment.

When it comes to RV travel restriction out west, the 'rules' does not to help big cities with hospital beds.

There may a good reason (aka excuse) why one state park was closed. Maybe there is no one to clean the bathrooms.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:31 AM   #20

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I understand that Oregon is asking people to leave the state if they don't live there. I am OK with that. I guess the party that's going on in Portland is a private one. When winter hits I'll feel the same way about people headed south and bringing the virus with them. I canceled my summer trip north and am staying in the south oven. This winter it will be nice to get out with no crowds. My social distance can easily be 50 feet.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 09:36 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
I have not personally experienced anything, however, FYI the Oregon Governor is talking about restricting entry to the state if Covid-19 continues to increase.
Dick1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:30 AM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick1142 View Post
I have not personally experienced anything, however, FYI the Oregon Governor is talking about restricting entry to the state if Covid-19 continues to increase.
Really,,, RV'ers perhaps but for people headed to places like Portland, I just don't see that happening. California is having a virus increase, perhaps we should tell all non residents to go home.
Highway 4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 10:42 AM   #23

New Mexico restrictions/rules and DOT map:

https://nmroads.com/mapIndex.html?#
Old 07-27-2020, 10:56 AM   #24

Ford Super Duty Owner
I recently returned from a long trip. 19 states. Had one reservation cancelled in Anaheim, CA. Quickly got a new site in neighboring Orange, CA. New Mexico had electronic signs warning people of a 14 day quarantine for travelers. I called the campground and was told this only applies to air travel. California was mostly shut down. Orange cones all up and down PCH 1 from just north of Ventura to Laguna Beach a stretch of about 100 miles. Even up north in Bodega Bay in the remote areas. All other states were open for business at reduced capacity. Many restaurants were closed or take out only. Basically we drove the northern route Virginia to Yellowstone NP, to Oregon, south to my old hometown Los Angeles, east through Las Vegas, Branson, and then home.

It is sad to see the Country shut down. Vegas was a ghost town. Yellowstone was nice with not near as many people as normally would be there in June/July.
Charles L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 07:29 PM   #25
laj

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post

my thoughts exactly[emoji35]
laj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
travel