RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 10:04 AM   #1

CoVid and Safety

Yesterday Yellowstone and Tetons opened. I just saw a picture from the Old Faithful viewing area. People were shoulder to shoulder and not one was wearing a mask. This is scary when people donít seem to think about others.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2020, 10:41 AM   #2

Quite a number of parks are opening. YNP is WY entrances only right now. I noticed you can make reservations for the Great Sand Dunes campground too.

If scenes like that worry you just avoid them, stay at home, and let others get on with their lives.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:42 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
Yesterday Yellowstone and Tetons opened. I just saw a picture from the Old Faithful viewing area. People were shoulder to shoulder and not one was wearing a mask. This is scary when people donít seem to think about others.

Some probably felt it was safe since they were in the open air.
Sadly, a significant part of the population is incredibly self-centered. Baby boomers seem to be among the worst in this regard. The attitude seems to be ďNobody can force me to wear a mask. Iím going to live my life. I donít care how many people I infect. I have my rights!Ē
It is possible to live your life and wear a mask at the same time.
Old 05-20-2020, 10:57 AM   #4

I think people think that since something's open that the virus isn't a big deal. I'm seeing that when states open up certain sectors that people feel that the control measures are no longer necessary. I'm thinking by mid summer when all states are well in to phase 2 and 3 that mask wearing will be very slim. 6' social distancing will be non existent except where required per business.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:03 AM   #5

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. Will people in these crowds get infected? Will anyone die? Hopefully the answer to both is no.

It is interesting there have been claims that people would do the right things like distancing and wearing masks without government mandates, yet when they are given the chance to do so they fail. Why is it so difficult to be considerate enough to do the right things without being forced?
Old 05-20-2020, 11:11 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
then stay home. do you think that those gathered at Old Faithful were unaware of what's been happening? just how long are we all 'sposed to wear masks in public? one month? two? a year? until the virus disappears? the media, society, nanny governors have all done a masterful job scaring the you-know-what out of everyone to the point that a lot of us are almost too scared to llve. you do what you must...the rest of us will get on with the business of living.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agesilaus View Post
I noticed you can make reservations for the Great Sand Dunes campground too.
The park itself is closed until June 3 and no plan to reopen the campground yet.

https://www.nps.gov/grsa/learn/news/...ins-june-3.htm
Old 05-20-2020, 11:13 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
If its scary to you then don't go.

I'm NOT scared.
Old 05-20-2020, 11:58 AM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I am canceling my summer trip but the virus is just part of the reason why. Might be the straw that does it. Other reasons, AKC dog show canceled, ORV rally canceled, Sisters Oregon possible to be a ghost town still and can't get a spot through the 4th at McCall. My old boy is over 9 years now and is slowing down. The roads could be vacant or nuts. I've done this route for several years and there are some pretty desolate areas. If I was going with other rigs I would go. I'll just wait till the fall and go somewhere within a day drive till next year. Big trip next year. But,,, the chances are high that this thing could be spread at vacation locations.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Either way you feel about the virus safety issues, only time will tell the truth. Everyone is only hoping and guessing and perhaps grinding some agenda.
Old 05-20-2020, 01:53 PM   #11

I guess this will all sort itself out if we have or don't have a 2nd wave. If infection cases stay the same or lower then the anti maskers win. If they go up then we all lose. Americans are slow learners and memory short.

Wait till they try and decide about reopening schools.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:37 PM   #12

Iím seriously wondering about the validity of the news stories on this. I just checked a live webcam at Old Faithful. I carefully totaled up the number of people waiting. I then rechecked my tally. There was a total of one person there. Full disclosure, I did not use a calculator.
My apologies for my earlier rant.
Old 05-20-2020, 02:49 PM   #13

Just keep in mind that 99.97% of people in the US fall into these categories:

1) Do not have Covid
2) Have it but have no symptoms
3) Had it but got over it
4) will never be impacted by it

Only .03 percent (if you round up) have supposedly past away from it. And there are many reports that death due to Covid are grossly overstated or subject to review. Add that a very large percentage of the deceased were in nursing homes and the risk of exposure is almost zero!

There is a lot of fear being disseminated, tremendous over reaction, and just bad advice. Much of the advice from CDC is from people who have no clue as to the impact of their advice.

Take for example they suggest to open schools that students and teachers wear masks, sanitize hands when they enter the classroom, desks be 6ft apart in all directions, lunch be served in the class rooms. School buses be only half filled. Can you imagine the impact on just the latter? I have to believe if students sanitize their hands when entering a class room, where a mask, there IS NO BENEFIT for a 6ft separation. We don’t have the classroom space to comply in many if not most schools. And if no student or teacher is allowed to enter the school knowing they are sick for ANY reason the problem of communicable disease or sickness is reduced.
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR 4WD Sahara, Automatic, Hard Top
Old 05-20-2020, 03:20 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildtoad View Post
Just keep in mind that 99.97% of people in the US fall into these categories:

1) Do not have Covid
2) Have it but have no symptoms
3) Had it but got over it
4) will never be impacted by it

Only .03 percent (if you round up) have supposedly past away from it. And there are many reports that death due to Covid are grossly overstated or subject to review. Add that a very large percentage of the deceased were in nursing homes and the risk of exposure is almost zero!

There is a lot of fear being disseminated, tremendous over reaction, and just bad advice. Much of the advice from CDC is from people who have no clue as to the impact of their advice.

Take for example they suggest to open schools that students and teachers wear masks, sanitize hands when they enter the classroom, desks be 6ft apart in all directions, lunch be served in the class rooms. School buses be only half filled. Can you imagine the impact on just the latter? I have to believe if students sanitize their hands when entering a class room, where a mask, there IS NO BENEFIT for a 6ft separation. We donít have the classroom space to comply in many if not most schools. And if no student or teacher is allowed to enter the school knowing they are sick for ANY reason the problem of communicable disease or sickness is reduced.
Whats crazy is we now have 1.5M cases, 93,000+ dead and only a few months ago we only had one case.
Could you imagine what would've happened if we just ignored the whole virus thing?
Thats the crazy thing about cause and effect.

Closed Thread

Tags
safety