Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > iRV2.com COMMUNITY FORUMS > COVID-19 RVing Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-09-2021, 02:33 PM   #141

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray,IN View Post
You're so right. It didn't have to be this way but the national leadership didn't perform as they should have leaving the process for unequipped and unprepared state and local officials to figure out. The resulting chaos is the result.
[emoji40]
How could anyone or any agency be prepared? The last pandemic was in 1918.[/QUOTE]

Some guy named fauci is paid almost half a million dollars a year to prepare for pandemics.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-09-2021, 03:50 PM   #142

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbircky View Post
How could anyone or any agency be prepared? The last pandemic was in 1918.

Some guy named fauci is paid almost half a million dollars a year to prepare for pandemics.[/QUOTE]Dr F is NOT in charge or preparing the country!
He and many others can and have provided warnings and recommendations... what was missing was any leadership to follow through.

We have had several modern scares that could very well have had full blown pandemic impact but this country and the world was lucky is all.
Winemaker2 is offline   Reply
Old 03-09-2021, 03:56 PM   #143

We've both had our 2nd Moderna vaccine. No problem or side effects for either.
Old 03-09-2021, 04:03 PM   #144

Quote:
Some guy named fauci is paid almost half a million dollars a year to prepare for pandemics.
Please provide a link to a credible source for this claim.
[emoji40]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply
Old 03-09-2021, 04:42 PM   #145

Newmar Owners Club
The wife and I received our first dose of the Pfizer vaccine this past Friday, March 5. We both had a sore left shoulder for ~24 hours (similar to a flu shot) and both had some dizziness Friday evening which was gone by Saturday morning. Our second dose is schedule for March 26.

We are both 61 years of age and in great health except for being somewhat overweight with no underlying health conditions and thus technically, we are in the large "Group 2" vaccine priority group in Texas i.e. under age 65, no serious health conditions, etc. However, the county in which we reside (Fort Bend) is "stretching the rules" a bit by not differentiating between folks who are designated obese (e.g. BMI>30) and morbidly obese (BMI>40). Morbid obesity is an "underlying health condition" for the Covid-19 virus. My wife and I are avid weightlifters thus with muscular bodies our BMIs are routinely in the 29-31 range. The wait list questionaire simply asked "Obese - yes /no" with no questions asked about the BMI number. Having BMI = 30, we both answered "yes" to being obese and after being on the wait list for just a week we were notified to make an appointment.

Fort Bend County is distributing the vaccine to county residents is the large agriculture building at the county's fair grounds. The "process" of receiving the vaccine is very efficient and very impressive. All of the registration is done on-line with registration verification completed at the Ag building. There are dozens of RN's administering the vaccine and next to the "post injection wait area" there is an emergency treatment area handle anyone that has an allergic reaction or other problem with the vaccine. Thet emergency area is staffed by four EMTs and two Nurse Practitioners and comes complete with four field hospital beds and emergency medical equipment.

I am proud and very pleased of how Fort Bend County designed and is very successfully operating is vaccine distribution center.
fagnaml is offline   Reply
Old 03-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #146

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
[emoji40]

Pay:

federalpay.org.

Job description and duties:

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/voices/events/fauci/

Dr. Fauci was appointed Director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases. The lack of preparation for a pandemic is his failure.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/director

There are the links you requested: Sources are the US Government and Harvard University.

You’re welcome!
Old 03-09-2021, 04:50 PM   #147

Dr. Fauci is a very credible scientist.

https://www.niaid.nih.gov/about/anthony-s-fauci-md-bio
twogypsies is offline   Reply
Old 03-09-2021, 11:03 PM   #148

Quote:
"The lack of preparation for a pandemic is his failure." Snuck that one in, didn't you?
There are the links you requested: Sources are the US Government and Harvard University.
You’re welcome!
Welcome for what? Those are credible sources but they don't support or even address your claims at all!
Did you even read the information in the two links you posted? I see nothing in any of it to support your claims. Quite to the contrary they emphasize how highly regarded Dr. Fauci is by colleagues and presidents alike and how many valuable contributions he has made to public health during his long career in public service.
He also seems to be a conscientious straight shooter. [Mod Edit]
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 04:32 AM   #149
IC2

Curious about a late reaction that I'm having after the first Moderna shot. It's called Covid Arm, a red spot - mine is very minor and tiny, another that I know had a 2" red spot - and it is itchy. It took about 2 weeks for mine to appear and beyond the itchiness, has not really bothered me or any activities. My wife has had no late reaction. Guess I'll see it for a while since my second shot is scheduled for tomorrow

Something for your reading pleasure about this, to me,minor shot reaction: https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...sh/ar-BB1dqYaT
IC2 is offline   Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 06:20 AM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL420 View Post
[emoji40]
$417,608/year as of 2019, the latest info available at this point in time He's the highest paid Federal employee in the U.S.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/adamand...h=331f5e70386f
xrated is offline   Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 06:58 AM   #151

Wife and I got the J&J vax last Saturday at a local CVS. No crazy lines, no snaking around a parking lot in a stadium for an hour or three. Just make appt, walk in, get shot, leave, 20 minutes including 15 min wait after the shot.
I had no reaction save for a slight sore spot at the injection site. Wife had headache, low fever and chills for about 24 hrs.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:59 AM   #152
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Thread Reminder

Several posts have strayed from the original topic of the Covid Vaccine into political commentary. Please keep the politics out of the discussion if you want to keep this thread open.

Thank you to those posting within the rules.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 08:12 AM   #153

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Aaaah, come on. No one was ready for this and all in all they've done a pretty darn good job getting it done in this amount of time. I have received both my shots, (Pfizer), and I was offered shots from two different sources. The VA and our HMO. I am 80 so I was on the short list anyway.

I went with the HMO due to the fact I could get in a lot quicker, but in each case they notified me and offered me the shot. I think that private enterprise is doing their best to get it done. No politics involved.

It was just under a year ago that we were in Williams, Az. and all this started. No one even thought that a year later the vaccine would be available due to all the testing and red tape involved, let alone being administered.

I say kudos to everyone who helped get this done in record time.👍

Let's rejoice that we have a vaccine in time to save many lives.
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply
Old 03-10-2021, 12:32 PM   #154

Quote:
Pay:

federalpay.org.

Job description and duties:

Dr. Fauci was appointed Director of NIAID in 1984. He oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases. The lack of preparation for a pandemic is his failure.

You’re welcome!
Unfortunately, I don't think you can attribute "state of readiness" or "lack of preparation" to a specific individual. It should have been a team effort by our elected leaders.

Dr. Fauci was basically silenced and recommendations were not followed.
Gocats is offline   Reply
Closed Thread